Ultimate Juggernaut

When Mack was going to come on at #46, he said that, not only would he tackle the problem with Wolverine's wife, but he would bring Juggernaut back to the title so that he could start carving out his character... It was an idea that I was looking forward to but, instead, we get Vaughan... I'd trade a million of Mack's ideas for one issue of Vaughan. :)

My theory involving the Gem of Cyttorak

Hello, everybody!

I have read your discussion pertaining to whether or not Ultimate Juggernaut is a true mutant. I believe that Ultimate Juggernaut is NOT a mutant, but my reasoning for this may be a little far-fetched. If you look closely at the helmet of Ultimate Juggernaut, you will notice that the lens/goggles are a ruby red color, which I believe is the same color used for the Gem of Cyttorak. Personally, I believe that Ultimate Juggernaut received his powers magically from the gem like his 616 counterpart, and it is now incorporated as a part of his helmet to allow him to retain his magically-endowed abilities. Also, in the Marvel 616 universe, Weapon X was known for augmenting the abilities of those mutants under their "employment," and perhaps this tactic has been utilized by Weapon X in the Ultimate Universe as well. Ultimate Juggernaut may have exchanged his services for the ability to better control or even increase said abilities. Let me know what you think!

I didn't read that anywhere. I mean, all I'm saying is they could have used Juggernaut for something just because they might have thought he was a mutant or something.

I don't think weapon X have ever used non-mutants, in fact in New X-men several issues ago, Wolverine finds that one of the first Weapon X victims were Captain America, and as we all know Steve Rogers is a mutant.

You have nothing to prove that Weapon X do not take non-mutants.

Reading the actual Weapon X comic, plus decades of ongoing continuity and even the Ultimate Weapon X people have kept pushing the theory that Weapon X uses mutants as weapons.

Then in New X-men - Wolverine came across the file on the original Weapon X victims, Steve Rogers.

I believe he is a mutant, I also accept that it is open for debate, but it is definatley not a shut case with HE IS NOT A MUTANT stamped in it.

Back to Juggernaut, since it hasn't been mentioned whether he's a mutant or not, we won't know for sure if Weapon X uses ONLY mutants.

Latest posts

Back