Ultimate Mystery Discussion (Return of Captain Marh Vehl)

#1 was ok, Captain Marvel was funny and I like that
Rick Jones
is finally doing something worthwhile (there's also the irony of him fighting Captain Marvel). It would be better if the plot didn't move in a turtle pace :p

I read it.

When exactly does this take place? Why does Johnny have blonde hair? Didn't the CIA, not Roxxon, clone Peter? So many Mysteries!
I'm not sure about when this takes place, but taking cues from Johnny and Bobby having their old looks, I think this takes place a while after current Spidey comics so that their hairs have time to grow back to normal. Or it could also mean that it takes place right after they start living with May, which IMO would be stupid. Or it could mean Sandoval doesn't give a **** and is being lazy (kind of like Cheung in the Children's Crusade).

Ultimate Enemy #4? :p

:lol:

Last edited:
Or they started drawing/coloring before David LaFuente had their hair cuts/dyed... Or I could be just reaching.

Last edited:
Did anyone read this? I don't remember the last time a comic book took so long to get scanned :(

Or it was such a turd that none of the scanners wanted to waste their time with it...

What was with the Unresolved Sexual Tension between Captain Marvel and Wendell Vaughn?

It was a thematic resonance for the Unresolved Everything-Connects plot. Just as the universe is unresolved, so too are the characters relationships.

It's so deep.

Or they started drawing/coloring before David LaFuente had their hair cuts/dyed... Or I could be just reaching.
That's probably what happened with Ultimate Enemy, but Ultimate Mystery wasn't even going to be drawn by Sandoval untill after Enemy was well underway... which is why I think this will have some sort of sane reason for happening (or at least I hope) :?

Or it was such a turd that none of the scanners wanted to waste their time with it...

It wasn't THAT bad :p

Just read it. Johnny has blond hair. Yay for continuity.

Bendis is doing a terrible job of picking up Mahr Vell's personality from Ultimate Secret.

I did like the art though, and the Yu variant is really, really good. If anyone can find a really huge scan of that art (without the titles and stuff) and can post it here I'd appreciate it.

Also, Ultimate Spider-Woman's costume is probably the best spider-person costume since the original Spider-Man costume.

Just read it. Johnny has blond hair. Yay for continuity.

Bendis is doing a terrible job of picking up Mahr Vell's personality from Ultimate Secret.

I did like the art though, and the Yu variant is really, really good. If anyone can find a really huge scan of that art (without the titles and stuff) and can post it here I'd appreciate it.

Also, Ultimate Spider-Woman's costume is probably the best spider-person costume since the original Spider-Man costume.

Best I could find.

mystery1.jpg

Yeah, that's the best one I could find, too. Thanks though.

so i was annoyed by Mahr Vell's personality. Then he revealed that he wasn't trying to act that way but just misunderstood human humor. That makes sense. It's cliche, but it makes sense.

And yeah, the art was teriffic. The lighting in the scene where Spidey and Spider-Woman were talking on the side of the building was awesome.

Besides that it was certainly better than Ultimate Enemy. And the fact that the pink blob from Enemy was referred to as an alien spore seemed reminiscent of Ultimate Power. Yeah Reed is definitely the villain.

so i was annoyed by Mahr Vell's personality. Then he revealed that he wasn't trying to act that way but just misunderstood human humor. That makes sense. It's cliche, but it makes sense.

And yeah, the art was teriffic. The lighting in the scene where Spidey and Spider-Woman were talking on the side of the building was awesome.

Besides that it was certainly better than Ultimate Enemy. And the fact that the pink blob from Enemy was referred to as an alien spore seemed reminiscent of Ultimate Power. Yeah Reed is definitely the villain.

Wait, whaaa??

Maybe Doom placed a part of his mind within Reed's subconscious before Ben killed him? Or left a part of it there when he switched their bodies back in Frightful?

I assume his "transformation" from good to bad will have to do with his feelings of being a failure as a result of not being able to fix Ben's rocky skin, his failures with Sue and their relationship, and some illogical rationale that his "being bad" is for the greater good--ie, Roxxon is about to create a biological nightmare, and Reed is "forced" to change the past or some such nonsense.

Also, Reed does in fact know who Spider-Man really is, the inner workings of SHIELD, and probably would have access to intelligence on what Roxxon is up to through his former Baxter Building clearances.

Also, the most obvious: there was no body.

Reed is the new Ultimate Doom (hence the title of the third part of the trilogy).

Well, I think if Bendis pulls it off properly, Reed being the villain would be awesome :)

I assume his "transformation" from good to bad will have to do with his feelings of being a failure as a result of not being able to fix Ben's rocky skin, his failures with Sue and their relationship, and some illogical rationale that his "being bad" is for the greater good--ie, Roxxon is about to create a biological nightmare, and Reed is "forced" to change the past or some such nonsense.

Also, Reed does in fact know who Spider-Man really is, the inner workings of SHIELD, and probably would have access to intelligence on what Roxxon is up to through his former Baxter Building clearances.

Also, the most obvious: there was no body.

Reed is the new Ultimate Doom (hence the title of the third part of the trilogy).

yeah, pretty much that.

Latest posts

Back