Ultimate Nightmare #5 discussion (spoilers)

Ricky said:
I've also edited my original post. You might like to scroll up again, reading a better vocalized view on the arc.
Anyway, nice to have you around. I often agree with your posts,and it's nice to have like-minded people around. ;)

Ricky

The same to you Ricky! Your posts are always well thought, and makes sense. Your updated review of #5 was good, and I agree with most of it. Have you considered writing more posts in the review forum, man?

The praise and thumbs up goes for most of this forum by the way - this place has a great atmosphere, and it´s fun to have a place to vent your comic book geekness. Most of my friends don´t buy comics, even though some of them have started to read some ultimate titles thanks to me. But when I try to tell them about a new issue, they usually just smiles and says "yeah, ok. I´ll just wait ´till you buy the hardcover". :-d

Regarding Ultimate Nightmare, I´m planning to soon read the whole arc again, now that it´s finished. I often find that storylines get better when you can consume them in a single session.

Ricky said:
Doesn't fit. Fury took control of Xavier's institute in the aftermath of the Return of the King storyline. That was 24 issues of Ultimate X-Men ago, and that's the distant past, in the world of comic-books.

I checked this out in the continuity thread and Nightmare takes place between UXM 49 and 50. So no dicé there. I'd say its just a whoopsie from Ellis.

Caduceus said:
I checked this out in the continuity thread and Nightmare takes place between UXM 49 and 50. So no dicé there. I'd say its just a whoopsie from Ellis.

I still say no whoopsie. If I was somewhere important and some people I've associated with but aren't my drinking buddies or anything showed up and were meddling I'd definitely take action with them. That's just what Fury was doing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I still say no whoopsie. If I was somewhere important and some people I've associated with but aren't my drinking buddies or anything showed up and were meddling I'd definitely take action with them. That's just what Fury was doing.

But that kind of taking action is just gratuitous super-battling. No way would Fury just point the Ultimates at the X-men and say "Kill"

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd hit a man if I knew I wasn't going to kill him. I do it all of the time. Think about it.

:D

Actually I was thinking back to the fact that Colossus and Wolverine played a huge part in whipping the Ultimates in Ultimate War, something Fury really should have remembered before just throwing the team into action like that. You don't just randomly attack someone you know may just be able to whomp you.

Caduceus said:
:D You don't just randomly attack someone you know may just be able to whomp you.

GUILTY, Your honor!! :twisted:

I'm sorry I'm bragging about fighting so much but I think that's just what Fury did. It was all instinctive and he threw at them because he knows he wasn't gonna kill them but he meant business.

I see where your coming from, I just think its really unlike Fury to forget such important details and so on.

Just a few thoughts.

The Ultimates, even those present taking that team of X-Men was quite reasonable, given Sam Wilson's method. Whether or not Colossus' eyes are vulnerable or not, the point is the threat made Colossus yeild (though if he thought about it all he had to do was close his eys and smash Wilson with his head). Cap has consistently been able to out think Wolverine, and Fury's cetainly got enough skills to keepout of Logan's way. Plus Jean was under the weather.

Fury opening fire right away was a bit off, but a couple things came to mind. Of the three only Jean is at any real risk of injury from gunfire and she easily took care of that with her TK. Plus the transmissions from Vision were making everyone in the world just a little kooky, so if our characters were acting a little odd that could be an explanation (like Cap's really intense agression, not just hard, but a tad vicious).

As to Wolverine's skill, Millar's run on UXM established pretty strongly that Wolverine is rather scary in how quickly he can take care of normal opponents (see all those government soldiers in RotK). He's really skilled (though not at Logan's level I'd say), but so's Fury, and Cap even more so. Both of them were the product of programs to produce the ultimate soldier. But in fight Cap usually has the cooler head and more planning, whereas Logan is more instinct. Cap's done the smart thing both times, because Wolverine is simply not an opponent you lose a fight with, especially if he's out of sorts. Besides Harsine did some really dead looking action sequences in this issue, really stilted.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm a new member, and I was just wondering if someone could do me a favor and post a pic of Vision? Or pm one to me or something. Thanks guys.

Sorry I dont have a pic. Hes bigger then human size. Probably twice as big. He is red humanoid and has lots of pieces missing from him. Im sure somebody will have a pic.

Welcome by the way. Great to have you here.

Well, at first glance, I thought that he was the same character as the one that showed up in USM a while ago... The one that the Ultimates were fighting before Spider-Man stepped in, do you remember that guy?

Latest posts

Back