Ultimate Origins series discussion [Bendis/Guice] [spoilers]

so hulk killed the parkers when peter was a baby... so those people in the video from the venom arc aren't the real parkers?!?! argh! and bendis wrote it!!!!

incidentally though i just recalled ult. spider vol. 7 where aunt may informs her therapist that she has no recollection of the picnic video

so hulk killed the parkers when peter was a baby... so those people in the video from the venom arc aren't the real parkers?!?! argh! and bendis wrote it!!!!

incidentally though i just recalled ult. spider vol. 7 where aunt may informs her therapist that she has no recollection of the picnic video

Holy ****, I completely forgot about that video. This issue probably invalidates half of USM.

Holy ****, I completely forgot about that video. This issue probably invalidates half of USM.

It definitely invalidates the fact that Peter and Eddie Brock were friends when they were kids.

Seriously, what the ****, Bendis.

:shock:

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Obviously when the Hulk killed the Parkers, they fell backwards through time. on fire.

That would explain it.

Last edited:
Ben punched the dinosaur which evolved into Wolverine, the first superhero and mutant, and then he built the Savage Land to remind him of his own time period. It's so so simple. And the reason the time spiders didn't eat Cable-Wolverine is because Charles Xavier was Cable...from another universe where people keep falling backwards in time on fire.

It's all connected!

Ben punched the dinosaur which evolved into Wolverine, the first superhero and mutant, and then he built the Savage Land to remind him of his own time period. It's so so simple. And the reason the time spiders didn't eat Cable-Wolverine is because Charles Xavier was Cable...from another universe where people keep falling backwards in time on fire.

It's all connected!

So Banner was right in UMT #3 after all. It is all connected.

Time-flaming dinosaur punches are not flimsy!

Not at all. But the Hulk being responsible for the death of Peter's parents is...especially when the same author, in less then 125 issues and a video game, has already explained their deaths at least two other ways, none of which involve Hulk (though one involved Venom...so I guess its a toss up).

Sorry, I'm too continuity minded. And Bendis is the complete ****ing opposite.

Amazing. I was so focusing on Fury, that I missed the whole "this actually doesn't work with anything ever" plot hole. It's like that movie JUMPER. You stop to look at one plot hole you miss the next three that whiz by.

Not at all. But the Hulk being responsible for the death of Peter's parents is...especially when the same author, in less then 125 issues and a video game, has already explained their deaths at least two other ways, none of which involve Hulk (though one involved Venom...so I guess its a toss up).

Sorry, I'm too continuity minded. And Bendis is the complete ****ing opposite.

I know. His own damn title. He's 'revealed' the Parker's death so many times. He used to go on about how the original Parkers' death never made sense. Well done, Bendis. None of this makes any ****ing sense with what you've written. Lack of continuity is some what okay when it's written by many different authors over a long period of time. But... when it's ONE guy. On his own. And he can't keep it straight....

What a ludicrously poor show. Three monthly titles and they can't keep it together. And I'm supposed to think that the big 616 crossovers make sense. (They don't.) I want to go to the alternate universe where Bill Jemas wasn't fired.

Rubbish. I prefer SCOTT PILGRIM. See ya later, Marvel.

Last edited:
Amazing. I was so focusing on Fury, that I missed the whole "this actually doesn't work with anything ever" plot hole. It's like that movie JUMPER. You stop to look at one plot hole you miss the next three that whiz by.

:lol:

I know. His own damn title. He's 'revealed' the Parker's death so many times. He used to go on about how the original Parkers' death never made sense. Well done, Bendis. None of this makes any ****ing sense with what you've written. Lack of continuity is some what okay when it's written by many different authors over a long period of time. But... when it's ONE guy. On his own. And he can't keep it straight....

To be fair, Bendis alone writes about as many titles as the many different authors who constructed the 616-verse prior to Bendis' explosion. But thats his own fault, and doesn't excuse the brash ignorance of his own ****ing continuity in a title he's been the only one to EVER write.

What a ludicrously poor show. Three monthly titles and they can't keep it together. And I'm supposed to think that the big 616 crossovers make sense. (They don't.)

Seriously. I was so hoping Ultimatum would actually be the end...why do I keep buying this stuff? Buying this crap merely for completeness' sake is ****ing stupid, I've come to that conclusion--actually, I came to that conclusion a long time ago, I'm only now admitting it to others.

I want to go to the alternate universe where Bill Jemas wasn't fired.

When you go, take me with you. Please.

Richard Parker must be one hell of a guy. He created the Venom project (a truly ridiculous biological innovation) with Eddie Brock Sr, got into an all-out legal brawl over it, did some of the preliminary work of raising Peter, and presumably did some work on his silly string formula--all while dead.

I think I need to take a step back, because I'm seriously starting to dislike Bendis as a person and that's neither right nor healthy.

Latest posts

Back