Ultimate Spider-Man #103... SPOILERS!

That makes it sooooo much better. :roll: N00b.

N00b??

People like you are as dumb as they come. You think being registered on this message board for a long period of time makes you better or wiser than anyone else??

Wake up to yourself, you idiot :roll:

Sweet, Doc Ock is Magneto.

:lol:

Was Ock really responsible for the Oscorp explosion in the beginning then?

Um...no, why would you think that?

Okay, there's absolutely no way Peter would be Spider-Man ever, ever again.

No way. This is too much. He's just had everything taken away from him. Everything! Doc Ock even gave him more things (Gwen and his dad) just so he could take them away from him, too. His life has been destroyed. He'll never put on the tights again, nor should he.

You'd have to wipe his mind of all this crap before it would even begin to make sense.

I would've thought the same, until I saw the solicitations for the next arc, "Ultimate Knights". No doubt Daredevil and company will persuade Peter to don the tights again...even if they have to play on his anger and thoughts of revenge.

**** you Bendis.

Srsly.

We've done nothing but give you the benfit of the doubt for the past 2+ years and all you've done is fling 7th grade write-a-book garbage at us. Congrats....a few years ago you and your USM saved Marvel. Well congrats again....you and your USM have just ruined a character.

Srsly.

I've seen better/more coherent stories in a 4 year old's finger painting.

Richard Parker is back? Yay. How innovative. Make him an aged clone of Peter? Lame.

Gwen is alive? I'll bet she's Carnage. Yep....I was right. Meh.

MJ turns into Demo-She Wolf-Goblin? You're fired. Make this startling change and do nothing with it except show a panel where Reed is gonna fix her? I'm serious---get the **** up from the desk....grab your little desky toys and whatnot and take your bald fat *** down to some other podunk comic company that'll be more than glad to have you.

Take away everything that made Doc Ock...well...Doc Ock and turn him into some Magneto-wannabe? If I ever see you on the street, I'll gut you like salmon. I saw this trick before. It sucked then...it sucks now. You have a 10 second headstart.

And to make Ock behind this whole thing instead of Osborne? Make that a 5 second headstart...

**** you Bendis. You have seriously ruined a once good book. THERE IS NOTHING----and you tell your retarded 15 year old fanboy followers who think this is somehow genius and innovative---AND I MEAN NOTHING, THAT YOU CAN DO TO SALVAGE THIS BOOK LET ALONE THIS ARC!

0/5

Srsly.......

Bravo!!

Get up and clap, people, this guy deserves a standing ovation!

That is one thing Bendis did right. The reason 616 Osborn is such a lame joke is because he's the scape goat to practically everything.

As for Ock having magnetic powers, I don't know why so many people are getting their panties in a twist. It's not like he can control all metals. Just the metal his original tentacles are made from.

Dude, thats a HUGE assumption. From how it was presented in the comic, he can control all metal...unless all those different pieces of metal he was throwing around with his mind were exactly the same type of metal... :roll:

I think it's obvious. If he could control any metal, he would have ripped the bars off his prison cell long ago, rather than calling his arms to free him.

So you admit it, it was an assumption. You do make a good point about him using the powers to break out of jail, but Bendis isn't known as the most prolific writer around, and I could definitly expect just such a plot hole on his part. However, Ock stated quite clearly he was trying to keep it a secret from everyone...it could be he was just biding his time (while he was in jail). Its also possible he wasn't even aware of these powers at the time, or that they slowly evolved into what they are now. Either way, I guarantee you its any type of metal his powers work on...not just a specific type.

Bendis isn't that imaginative.

In the Oscorp lab where they are having this confrontation.

Um, his arms were destroyed. Metled down. They weren't in the Oscorp lab.

I agree with DiB. You're making an assumption and it has very little basis in fact.

So you admit it, it was an assumption.

Yes, I never said it wasn't :?

You do make a good point about him using the powers to break out of jail, but Bendis isn't known as the most prolific writer around, and I could definitly expect just such a plot hole on his part.

Has he made any big plot holes like that so far in USM??

However, Ock stated quite clearly he was trying to keep it a secret from everyone...it could be he was just biding his time (while he was in jail).

Yes, and he could also mean he was trying to keep it from everyone ever since he was released.

Its also possible he wasn't even aware of these powers at the time, or that they slowly evolved into what they are now. Either way, I guarantee you its any type of metal his powers work on...not just a specific type.

Interesting opinion.

We'll have to wait and see for further explanation in #104.

Last edited:
Um, his arms were destroyed. Metled down.

Right, at the end of the Hollywood arc.

They weren't in the Oscorp lab.

The arms weren't, but I guess Keehar is saying the specific type of metal the arms were made from might still be in the lab, and Ock is only capable of controlling that type of metal...

It still doesn't make sense, though.

Has he made any big plot holes like that so far in USM??

Ummm...did you play the USM video game? Then did you read the "Silver Sable" arc? Thats only the most obvious and most recent. There are plenty of them, but I'm honestly too lazy to list them.

Yes, and he could also mean he was trying to keep it from everyone ever since he was released.

Thats exactly what I just said.

Interesting opinion.

Eh, its really the only way it would make sense...that or Ock trying excessively hard to keep it a secret, even if it meant he had to sit in a jail cell when he was perfectly capable of breaking out.

We'll have to wait and see for further explanation in #104.

Agreed...though I'm not sure we'll really get much in the way of answers concerning the issue of Ock's new abilities...hopefully, though.

Last edited:
The arms weren't, but I guess Keehar is saying the specific type of metal the arms were made from might still be in the lab, and Ock is only capable of controlling that type of metal...

It still doesn't make sense, though.

It does if you think about it.

Those were the arms he was bonded with in the OZ explosion. So it's entirely possible it's only that kind of metal which fused to his body that he's able to manipulate.

Those were the arms he was bonded with in the OZ explosion. So it's entirely possible it's only that kind of metal which fused to his body that he's able to manipulate.

Seems a bit convoluted and unnecessary.

However, it DOES explain how he was able to control them in the Hollywood arc when they weren't attached to him.

Thats true, but look at the different pieces of metal Ock's throwing around...the odds of those different types all being that particular metal (which is probably quite expensive given its ability to be used specifically for dangerous lab work and contact with nuclear radiation and other chemical wastes) aren't very good...

Its definitly possible, but I'm pretty sure Bendis was going for Ock being able to control all types of metal. Hopefully it is addressed next issue.

However, it DOES explain how he was able to control them in the Hollywood arc when they weren't attached to him.

616 Ock has been doing that for years. Controlling his tentacles even when he's not wearing them.

Thats true, but look at the different pieces of metal Ock's throwing around...the odds of those different types all being that particular metal (which is probably quite expensive given its ability to be used specifically for dangerous lab work and contact with nuclear radiation and other chemical wastes) aren't very good...

Its definitly possible, but I'm pretty sure Bendis was going for Ock being able to control all types of metal. Hopefully it is addressed next issue.

Aye, that's true.

If it is all kinds of metal, then yes, it's just a Magneto rip off. And I'm hoping that even Bendis is not that unimaginative.

I think it's obvious. If he could control any metal, he would have ripped the bars off his prison cell long ago, rather than calling his arms to free him.

In the Oscorp lab where they are having this confrontation.

Actualy he did use a bunch of random Metal to attack the Spider-people.

so yeah he can control ANY metal..sadly he is a magneto Rip-off now.

See that's just it - the fact that he could control metal from the beginning doesn't add up. What would the purpose of THOSE arms be if he could control metal all this time? While he was in prison, why couldn't he have just used the bars as his weapon? Bendis wasn't thinking and this is a clear indication that he hadn't planned this from the beginning at all. Whoever said that Bendis wanted to, or is intentionally, destroying what he helped create was write.

N00b??

People like you are as dumb as they come. You think being registered on this message board for a long period of time makes you better or wiser than anyone else??

Wake up to yourself, you idiot :roll:

You don't surf comic book message boards often, do ya buddy? I act like this no matter what my status is. I just happened to have been here and survived a bit longer. Check out my subnic. You just made the list.

Which reminds me, why do we get a new member like this everytime a USM issue comes out? I mean it's like there's a new name doing the exact same thing. Coming out of nowhere and telling us how good this month's issue of USM was in as little words as possible. Seems fishy to me.

And in all honesty, I hope they kill Doctor Octopus now. I don't want to see his character around if his powers are no longer familiarized with his title.

See that's just it - the fact that he could control metal from the beginning doesn't add up. What would the purpose of THOSE arms be if he could control metal all this time? While he was in prison, why couldn't he have just used the bars as his weapon? Bendis wasn't thinking and this is a clear indication that he hadn't planned this from the beginning at all. Whoever said that Bendis wanted to, or is intentionally, destroying what he helped create was write.

They will probably gonna say he simply didnt know before....that still doesnt explain why he was in pain when they destroyed his tentacles.

You don't surf comic book message boards often, do ya buddy?

Actually, I do.

Which is why I'm more than familiar with fools who call new members N00bs like it's some kind of terrible insult.

I act like this no matter what my status is.

I find that very easy to believe.

I just happened to have been here and survived a bit longer.

Oh my, that must have been a challenge. Remaining a member on a comic book forum.

Bully for you. What a trooper you are.

Check out my subnic. You just made the list.

Oh no, how will I sleep at night now?? :roll:

Which reminds me, why do we get a new member like this everytime a USM issue comes out? I mean it's like there's a new name doing the exact same thing. Coming out of nowhere and telling us how good this month's issue of USM was in as little words as possible. Seems fishy to me.

Why don't you ask the moderators to do an IP check on these new members. Curb that paranoia of yours.

And in all honesty, I hope they kill Doctor Octopus now. I don't want to see his character around if his powers are no longer familiarized with his title.

Good luck with that. Bendis loves Ock as much as he loves Spidey.

Actually, I do.

Which is why I'm more than familiar with fools who call new members N00bs like it's some kind of terrible insult.

I find that very easy to believe.

Oh my, that must have been a challenge. Remaining a member on a comic book forum.

Bully for you. What a trooper you are.

Oh no, how will I sleep at night now?? :roll:
You have me figured out then. Good take a number and stand in line with the lot of them.

Good luck with that. Bendis loves Ock as much as he loves Spidey.
And look what he's done to poor Spidey.

And look what he's done to poor Spidey.

What has he done??

This is the Ultimate universe. There's no rules here for him to abide by. It's a whole 'What if'/alternate universe. Anything goes. He can do what he likes. And he has done.

If you want proper Spider-Man, then go read the 616 comics.

Latest posts

Back