Ultimate Spider-Man #103... SPOILERS!

It's not like he can control all metals. Just the metal his original tentacles are made from.

This statement made in your original reply negates any possible intelligent thing you might've argued.

He can control all metals. In case you didn't notice the pretty pictures in the book...he flung scrap metal from the building around and impaled a clone. Then he created new arms out of scrap lying around.

What's next? Since May already knows Peter's secret (which will be retconned by having her get amnesia and not remember anything that happened after Gwen showing up) is she gonna get a blood transfusion with Xavier's blood and develop psychic powers and call herself Madam Webb?

Yeah...see how dumb that sounded? Now read "Doc Ock having metal powers" aloud. See how dumb that sounded. I'm pretty sure I could say it in Cantonese and it'd still be dumb.

Normally I try to play nice......but let me just repeat myself....
THERE IS NOTHING----and you tell your retarded 15 year old fanboy followers who think this is somehow genius and innovative---AND I MEAN NOTHING, THAT YOU CAN DO TO SALVAGE THIS BOOK LET ALONE THIS ARC!

.....there.

Now get off my internet.

About Magnetic powered Ock....I have to say it. That's ****ing retarded. The arms spoke to him, he could feel them while he was separated from them. But if he has magnetic powers...then what was the point of the arms? And if he's a mutant SHIELD would have caught on while Ock was in the imprisoned. Not saying anyone's saying he's a mutant, but when I hear magnetic powers I think Magneto and Polaris.

About the age old "This is the Ultimate Universe, it doesn't have to be like 616!" argument.

Here's the retort to the new dude.

It's true, it's different. But that doesn't give them utterly free reign here. In a perfect world the Ultimate line would be the universe for second rate characters to take on a life of their own and grow in ways impossible for them in 616, due to a long history of sucking ***.
Truth.

Everyone uses the example of Mr. Freeze and he's a great example of a second rate forgotten joke of a character that was made better in a different universe. Bendis doesn't get that concept.
Actually one person used Mr. Freeze as an example and that was today. The most popular example would be Purple Man (Sorry for people sick of hearing it) from Alias. Which was Bendis so the man is not completely lost. In fact that's mainly the reasons fans who think this is garbage are pissed because they know he's capable.

Bendis utterly believes that he can take Ock and give him magnet powers, turn Harry Osborn from Peter's friend to...well he was kind of a prick that had no character until the Hobgoblin arc, and then his character was generic psycho number three...the one that sees invisible made up people talking to them.

Compare Harry's in Ultimate, 616, and the Movie-verse. Yeah, see how bad Bendis messed up Harry.

HARRY! This was a main character in the Lee-Ditko era. Bendis barely showed him and when he did he was the guy that said the next line.
I like Ultimate Harry. I just hate the mutated form of Goblins and think that the confrontation was very rushed.

I do like Ultimate Shocker.
Me too.
But Ultimate RHINO is a joke
Various suits of armor designed by military contracts? I'm actually a fan.
Ultimate Vulture who cares,
I do. Thought it was his only saving grace amongst the poor ultimizations recently done.
Ultimate Omega Red is a joke,
Agreed.
Ultimate Deadpool is really Ultimate Donald Pierce.
Definitely agreed. And because Deadpool was probably the most sought after ultimization this was the worst kind of ultimization because there are fans who really care about the character.

You also forgot Silver Sable as the gun toting female hard *** who didn't get enough love as a child. I think that's been played out in any universe enough.

The Enforcers. Seriously, that's it. What characters has he done well? Goblin and Kingpin. Everything else from turning Kraven into an Australian man-beast, to Gwen into Carnage is utter crap.
Enforcers were good, Kraven I liked, Kingpin stories are gold, Norman's good when he's not in Goblin form.
It's a different universe, yes. But it's still Spider-Man. And if this universe is about retelling stories, it's failed. And if this universe is about entertaining the old fans with an updated spin, it's also failed.
That's what I've been saying. But people don't listen.

Want to see a different take on someone that works? Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Beast, Nick Fury, Sinister, Longshot, Iron Man, Colossus, Bucky, Cap, Hank and Janet Pym, Ben Parker, and Ben Grimm.
All good examples... watch for Iron Man though... I know what you mean but some people might think you mean Card's Tony Stark.

Notice how many of them aren't that much different than their 616 counterparts. That's because they're the essence of the character stripped away from the mountains of confusing, conflicting, and convoluted continuity oddness of 40 years of different writers and different takes on them and allowed to breathe and live anew in a different universe.

That's important, these character are classic. Spider-Man usually tops Batman and Superman as the most popular superhero in the world. So if you started a different universe where Spider-Man had the powers to control spiders and had to feed on blood like a vampire, and the personality of Wolverine...how can you justify something like that?
Well said.

Some changes are cool, I love Hulk-looking Goblin. I love black Nick Fury. I love hippie Thor. I love cynical Cap. I love the Shi'ar as a church. I love villainous Longshot.
Dude, Hulk Goblin sucks.

But some changes are stupid, and time and time again the person behind those stupid changes happens to be Bendis. At one point he had imagination with these sort of things, but now...he's lost it. He's been on this book too long and it's gotten stale. It's time for him to leave, and someone else pick up Spider-Man before Aunt May turns into the Stilt-Woman.

I could see it happening and fans being like "Oh, Bendis you're so good at what you do. It's so different and will take the story in a completely different direction." :roll:

Actually, this line wasn't mainly for older fans entertainment, but to draw new readers in, which it is doing, just it's too bad it's with bad crap. :(

This statement made in your original reply negates any possible intelligent thing you might've argued.

Nah, it hasn't.

He can control all metals. In case you didn't notice the pretty pictures in the book...he flung scrap metal from the building around and impaled a clone. Then he created new arms out of scrap lying around.

I think what you failed to notice in the pretty pictures is that the new set of tentacles he made is composed entirely of the same coloured metal, same colour as his original set.

Suggesting that it's just that one type of metal he manipulates.

What's next? Since May already knows Peter's secret (which will be retconned by having her get amnesia and not remember anything that happened after Gwen showing up) is she gonna get a blood transfusion with Xavier's blood and develop psychic powers and call herself Madam Webb?

If it pisses you off, then yes, I hope that does happen :lol:

Yeah...see how dumb that sounded?

No dumber than anything else you've said.

Now get off my internet.

Make me :roll:

About Magnetic powered Ock....I have to say it. That's ****ing retarded. The arms spoke to him, he could feel them while he was separated from them. But if he has magnetic powers...then what was the point of the arms? And if he's a mutant SHIELD would have caught on while Ock was in the imprisoned. Not saying anyone's saying he's a mutant, but when I hear magnetic powers I think Magneto and Polaris.

About the age old "This is the Ultimate Universe, it doesn't have to be like 616!" argument.

Here's the retort to the new dude.

It's true, it's different. But that doesn't give them utterly free reign here. In a perfect world the Ultimate line would be the universe for second rate characters to take on a life of their own and grow in ways impossible for them in 616, due to a long history of sucking ***.

Everyone uses the example of Mr. Freeze and he's a great example of a second rate forgotten joke of a character that was made better in a different universe. Bendis doesn't get that concept.

Bendis utterly believes that he can take Ock and give him magnet powers, turn Harry Osborn from Peter's friend to...well he was kind of a prick that had no character until the Hobgoblin arc, and then his character was generic psycho number three...the one that sees invisible made up people talking to them.

Compare Harry's in Ultimate, 616, and the Movie-verse. Yeah, see how bad Bendis messed up Harry.

HARRY! This was a main character in the Lee-Ditko era. Bendis barely showed him and when he did he was the guy that said the next line.

I do like Ultimate Shocker. But Ultimate RHINO is a joke, Ultimate Vulture who cares, Ultimate Omega Red is a joke, Ultimate Deadpool is really Ultimate Donald Pierce.

In fact, those are rather big names in the Spidey and X-Men mythos. So what has he made better than 616 counterparts?

The Enforcers. Seriously, that's it. What characters has he done well? Goblin and Kingpin. Everything else from turning Kraven into an Australian man-beast, to Gwen into Carnage is utter crap.

It's a different universe, yes. But it's still Spider-Man. And if this universe is about retelling stories, it's failed. And if this universe is about entertaining the old fans with an updated spin, it's also failed.

Want to see a different take on someone that works? Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Beast, Nick Fury, Sinister, Longshot, Iron Man, Colossus, Bucky, Cap, Hank and Janet Pym, Ben Parker, and Ben Grimm.

Notice how many of them aren't that much different than their 616 counterparts. That's because they're the essence of the character stripped away from the mountains of confusing, conflicting, and convoluted continuity oddness of 40 years of different writers and different takes on them and allowed to breathe and live anew in a different universe.

That's important, these character are classic. Spider-Man usually tops Batman and Superman as the most popular superhero in the world. So if you started a different universe where Spider-Man had the powers to control spiders and had to feed on blood like a vampire, and the personality of Wolverine...how can you justify something like that?

Some changes are cool, I love Hulk-looking Goblin. I love black Nick Fury. I love hippie Thor. I love cynical Cap. I love the Shi'ar as a church. I love villainous Longshot.

But some changes are stupid, and time and time again the person behind those stupid changes happens to be Bendis. At one point he had imagination with these sort of things, but now...he's lost it. He's been on this book too long and it's gotten stale. It's time for him to leave, and someone else pick up Spider-Man before Aunt May turns into the Stilt-Woman.

Basically what you're saying there is, that you don't like the majority of changes Bendis has made in this 'What if'/alternate universe.

That's too bad for you.

I'm not saying I like everything Bendis has done. You claim you like Ultimate Green Goblin?? I think he sucks. An all green monster in purple pants. Looks like the Hulk.

Obviously USM is not for you. So, go read something else. I'm sure the comic will continue to prosper without you :wink:

Keehar, just stop it. You'll never convince anyone on this site that USM does not suck. Trust me.
Just stop while your ahead.

Keehar, just stop it. You'll never convince anyone on this site that USM does not suck. Trust me.
Just stop while your ahead.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don't give a damn what strangers on the internet like or dislike.

What I like is all that matters to me.

I'm here for discussion of different view points. Nothing more.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don't give a damn what strangers on the internet like or dislike.

What I like is all that matters to me.

I'm here for discussion of different view points. Nothing more.
Then stop arguing it and sit back until the next discussion because these USM battles are nothing more than running around in circles.

Which is too bad, because different viewpoints make the site readworthy

There's a difference.

Different view points are great!

Going back and forth trying to one-up each other, gets old fast. IMO

Of course majority rules, and the majority (so it seems) hates USM. So anyone who likes USM gets blasted and called a NOOB. That only fuels the fire and turns threads into this.

Then stop arguing it and sit back until the next discussion because these USM battles are nothing more than running around in circles.

You're right, I guess.

Plus, most people here get very hostile when someone else disagrees with them. You'd swear we're discussing racisim, religion, or politics here.

Of course majority rules, and the majority (so it seems) hates USM.

I hardly think the few posters in this thread speak of the entire fan base, do you??

So anyone who likes USM gets blasted and called a NOOB. That only fuels the fire and turns threads into this.

Well, that I agree with. Nastiness incites nastiness.

I hardly think the few posters in this thread speak of the entire fan base, do you??

NO. I didn't mean the entire fanbase of USM I meant this site.

Most everyone on this site Hates Hates Hates where USM is heading. Many here do like Bendis just not his more recent USM stuff so he gets a lot of hatred as well.

NO. I didn't mean the entire fanbase of USM I meant this site.

Most everyone on this site Hates Hates Hates where USM is heading. Many here do like Bendis just not his more recent USM stuff so he gets a lot of hatred as well.

Oh, I see.

I can understand that. Most of the arcs since Hollywood have been meh.

Oh, I see.

I can understand that. Most of the arcs since Hollywood have been meh.

Warrios was great though..

side note..ist it just me or does peter need more guy friends.? you know..to do guy stuff.

Last edited:

Yeah...see how dumb that sounded? Now read "Doc Ock having metal powers" aloud. See how dumb that sounded. I'm pretty sure I could say it in Cantonese and it'd still be dumb.

Normally I try to play nice......but let me just repeat myself....

.....there.

Now get off my internet.
It's posts like this that first formed the "Doom/McCheese seperated at birth theory" in my mind. Thank you sir. Thank you.
:cry:

*Salutes Doc, Foolsfolly, and VVD*
*joins*
Which is too bad, because different viewpoints make the site readworthy
Agreed. Few things make me happier then when new blood shows up and tries to convince us that USM is...
n00b said:
still teh ****!!! Bendis rulez!!!
Or that UIM was good. Hours of entertainment there.

side note..ist it just me or does peter need more guy friends.? you know..to do guy stuff.
To quote the great and powerful VVD, "Get off my internet."

Last edited:
It's posts like this that first formed the "Doom/McCheese seperated at birth theory" in my mind. Thank you sir. Thank you.

*joins*

Agreed. Few things make me happier then when new blood shows up and tries to convince us that USM is... Or that UIM was good. Hours of entertainment there.
To quote the great and powerful VVD, "Get off my internet."

But its my internet to........i'll just stay in my side of the net.....:(

I agree. Maybe Peter wouldn't be so much of a ***** if he hung out with dudes.

I agree this issue is pretty lame. The first time I looked at the panels I thought those extra bits of metal were just being flung around by his disembodied arms, but now that you mention it, it is pretty clear that he now has magnetic powers. Lame.

What really blows ******* is how Bendis is putting in all these "shocking revelations" and then just shutting them back down. The two major characters reintroduced turned out to not be those characters at all. What's the point in that, other than injecting way too much melodrama into the story? Mary Jane's turned into a giant wolf scene for one panel and then quietly healed. Sure, I get the drama of having a twisted version of Peter who thinks that's the only way to make MJ safe, but there's no impact when the whole thing just lasts for about two panels. And Doc Ock came out of nowhere.

Something tells me things will be exactly the same after the events of Clone Saga as they were before. Maybe Aunt May will know who Spider-Man is, maybe MJ and Peter will get a good soap opera scene or two, and maybe he'll decide he doesn't want to be a superhero (again) for about an issue. Whoo.

Latest posts

Back