Ultimate Spider-Man #105 discussion (Spoilers!)

yeah everybody on this board bashes bendis because they wish they could be him. clone saga was sweet
But I don't want to be jewish, bald, have horrible spelling that even the editorial have admitted (through joke, but were serious) and have half the internet people hate me on a daily basis, seconding Liefeld.

Maybe you, but not me. And others.

The clone saga arc was great. I think most of you just enjoy bashing USM and Bendis

The Clone Saga was ****. I enjoy bashing it but I don't like not liking Bendis. He's written some of my favorite stories and is a very good writer. I hate that he writes such ****, I hate reading it, and I hate hating it.

yeah everybody on this board bashes bendis because they wish they could be him. clone saga was sweet

This is the most retarded statement I've ever read.

It's stuff like this is that makes me miss Gamma man.

And everyone disagreeing with me and E are silly poo-poo heads.

When buying 105 the other day I mentioned to the clerk that I "Didn't even know why I was still buying USM." He said something to the extent of "You aren't a clone saga fan?" I told him that I wasn't a Bendis fan.

He told me that Bendis' writing was an acquired taste.

What the hell does that mean? In two months I'll decide that Magneto Doc Ock was a good idea? I think that this clerk needs to be fired.

When buying 105 the other day I mentioned to the clerk that I "Didn't even know why I was still buying USM." He said something to the extent of "You aren't a clone saga fan?" I told him that I wasn't a Bendis fan.

He told me that Bendis' writing was an acquired taste.

What the hell does that mean? In two months I'll decide that Magneto Doc Ock was a good idea? I think that this clerk needs to be fired.

You should know by now, people who work at comic book shops say stupid, lame ****.

You should know by now, people who work at comic book shops say stupid, lame ****.

Dont generalise sir

The clerk at my comic shop agrees
She said.
''The clone saga sucked in the 90's and it sucks now''

Dont generalise sir

The clerk at my comic shop agrees
She said.
''The clone saga sucked in the 90's and it sucks now''

You know what? Chicks who work at comic shops are usually right on the money.

It's odd, because usually women are wrong about everything except cooking and shooting babies out of their vaginas.

Last edited:
Just read it and it sucks.

First off, dialog my god. I am sick and ****ing tired of Bendis's dialog. It seems he doesnt even know how to write a character's dialog different from another. And now it seems Bendis cant even get Peter characterization right, HIS OWN ****ING CHARACTER! I mean "he wants to be Fury when he grows up"? That is so out out of character its not even funny. Fury has been nothing but a manipulative, secretive jerk to him and that's what Peter wants to be? God this entire arc has been crap. One more issue and if that doesnt wow the hell out of me than I am done

EDIT: Also Fury afriad of Peter becoming a villain? What the hell? I mean he has no reason to fear the last 30 or so issues Peter has been unable to stop a villain by himself.

Last edited:
And now it seems Bendis cant even get Peter characterization right, HIS OWN ****ING CHARACTER! I mean "he wants to be Fury when he grows up"? That is so out out of character its not even funny. Fury has been nothing but a manipulative, secretive jerk to him and that's what Peter wants to be? God this entire arc has been crap. One more issue and if that doesnt wow the hell out of me than I am done

Hey, maybe it's an example of why Peter should stay with MJ: she came up with a lie to get Fury to leave him alone and it only took her a few seconds. "Um... yeah, he totally admires you. Really. I mean, he's never spent several hours cussing you out. Totally."

Hey, maybe it's an example of why Peter should stay with MJ: she came up with a lie to get Fury to leave him alone and it only took her a few seconds. "Um... yeah, he totally admires you. Really. I mean, he's never spent several hours cussing you out. Totally."

You're kidding, right?

I just read this issue during a visit to Barnes & Noble and flung it back onto the rack in disgust (don't worry, it was Barnes & Noble, the thing was already thrashed). On a scale from garbage to crap, this issue gets CRAP.

Which is the same level the entire Ultimate Clone Saga earns. I'm not optimistic that this will change, so I am preemptively giving the rest of Bendis/Bagley's USM run an overall rating of... yep, you guessed it... CRAP!

Go away, Bendis, go on a lengthy retreat and refresh yourself, because you make Baby Jesus cry with your subpar writing as of late.

Youn know, I just realized that Clone Saga could have worked as a swan song for USM...

-Get rid of Ock's magnetic powers and Gwenarnge.

-Have Fury use the Oz cure on Norman and Harry. Norman goes to jail and Harry returns to Midtown High.

-Show Aunt May get out of the hospital and know that she can't stop Peter from being Spider-Man. That doesn't stop her from feeling terrible, though.

-How 'bout Fury not having secret plans for Scorpion.

-Speaking of Scorpion, give him a reason to storm the mall other than he's crazy and having flashbacks to the beginning of the series.

-Tell us why that SHIELD woman was appearantly keeping tabs on Liz in the first Kingpin arc.

-Have Peter dump Kitty for MJ.

-Aaaaand make Peter's decision to not cure himself more drawn out over weeks. Have him reflect that his double life has costs the existance of Gwen and Captain Stacy but decide that he's saved many more people and that it's worth continuing being a teenage super hero.

-Oh, and an ending scene of Peter going off to save some bystanders from Venom or, of course, the Shocker.

-T3H 3ND!!!1

Last edited:
Youn know, I just realized that Clone Saga could have worked as a swan song for USM...

-Get rid of Ock's magnetic powers and Gwenarnge.

-Have Fury use the Oz cure on Norman and Harry. Norman goes to jail and Harry returns to Midtown High.

-Show Aunt May get out of the hospital and know that she can't stop Peter from being Spider-Man. That doesn't stop her from feeling terrible, though.

-How 'bout Fury not having secret plans for Scorpion.

-Speaking of Scorpion, give him a reason to storm the mall other than he's crazy and having flashbacks to the beginning of the series.

-Tell us why that SHIELD woman was appearantly keeping tabs on Liz in the first Kingpin arc.

-Have Peter dump Kitty for MJ.

-Aaaaand make Peter's decision to not cure himself more drawn out over weeks. Have him reflect that his double life has costs the existance of Gwen and Captain Stacy but decide that he's saved many more people and that it's worth continuing being a teenage super hero.

-Oh, and an ending scene of Peter going off to save some bystanders from Venom or, of course, the Shocker.

-T3H 3ND!!!1

I'd agree to everything besides the MJ part. Switch "dump" to brutally murder, and you're totally right.

Latest posts

Back