Ultimate Spider-Man #105 discussion (Spoilers!)

So Gwarnage is indeed a clone and not, somehow, the Gwen we knew, correct? I can never remember when and if they made that perfectly clear to the reader. The letters page certainly made readers assume it was her, but you can never trust those guys.

So Gwarnage is indeed a clone and not, somehow, the Gwen we knew, correct? I can never remember when and if they made that perfectly clear to the reader. The letters page certainly made readers assume it was her, but you can never trust those guys.

I'd almost be wiling to bet they don't even know.

And I agree. I had no clue whether she was real, or even what we were supposed to be led to believe.

That's it. After reading the epilogue I am not buying this anymore.

I promise. I will not spend another dollar on USM until it is deemed respectable again. IE until Bendis leaves.

That's it. After reading the epilogue I am not buying this anymore.

I promise. I will not spend another dollar on USM until it is deemed respectable again. IE until Bendis leaves.

You know what would be really cool?

If Marvel could get Paul Dini to wright USM.

They should just ignore everything after Carnage anyway.

I suggest they throw out everything after the Venom storyline. The Geldoff story should get an issue cut and maybe have him not get back together with MJ. The second Doc Ock story can stay, but it should be sooner so he can have more time with Gwen and her knowing.

In my opinion, one of the bad things about the Carnage arc was that it had no emotional impact. Connors is just some random douche and when the Carnage embryo showed up, it fell flat because the arc was called Carnage and all the issues before it were just counting down 'til Carnage appeared. It should've been developed as a subplot over several arcs and then culminated in a great "holy ****" reveal. Too bad Bendis is incapable of not writing for trades.

I have no ideas on Hobgoblin, so long as it isn't done the way Bendis did it.

I liked Warriors and Silver Sable. However, Peter will be less of a moron in Warriors and Silver Sable will be in continuity with the game.

The Deadpool arc can stay, if Deadpool is revamped or it's rewritten with a different villain. Also, it must be an issue or two shorter. Or have better fight scenes. Either one. Morbius is fine. It can stay.

Clone Saga can show up, if the clones actually get personalities and NAMES. Fake Richard can stay if the time spent on his fake backstory is cut to one or two pages in issue 99 or 101. Tarantula *****slaps Kaine successfully and more time is spent explaining the sequence of events after Doc Ock is arrested and the CIA gets the sample. Scorpion will either be given more to do or not be a clone, but he has to show up a little because his suit is made of awesome. Gwarnage will not be making an appearance.

And that's how I would've done USM. Questions, comments?

I suggest they throw out everything after the Venom storyline. The Geldoff story should get an issue cut and maybe have him not get back together with MJ. The second Doc Ock story can stay, but it should be sooner so he can have more time with Gwen and her knowing.

In my opinion, one of the bad things about the Carnage arc was that it had no emotional impact. Connors is just some random douche and when the Carnage embryo showed up, it fell flat because the arc was called Carnage and all the issues before it were just counting down 'til Carnage appeared. It should've been developed as a subplot over several arcs and then culminated in a great "holy ****" reveal. Too bad Bendis is incapable of not writing for trades.

I liked Warriors and Silver Sable. However, Peter will be less of a moron in Warriors and Silver Sable will be in continuity with the game.

The Deadpool arc can stay, if Deadpool is revamped or it's rewritten with a different villain. Also, it must be an issue or two shorter. Or have better fight scenes. Either one. Morbius is fine. It can stay.

Clone Saga can show up, if the clones actually get personalities and NAMES. Fake Richard can stay if the time spent on his fake backstory is cut to one or two pages in issue 99 or 101. Tarantula *****slaps Kaine successfully and more time is spent explaining the sequence of events after Doc Ock is arrested and the CIA gets the sample. Scorpion will either be given more to do or not be a clone, but he has to show up a little because his suit is made of awesome. Gwarnage will not be making an appearance.

Would we let Tarantula actualy have some character development?

I completely agree with everything you said...maybe YOU can save USM

I think this is the least of our worries and, in fact, the game should just be tossed from continuity. I hate that there's a freakin' video game which I have never played and will never play supposedly in continuity.

Now, if they did a comic adaptation of the game it would be a whole other story.

Last edited:
tarantula could become a great villain!
One of the few things I liked about the clone saga was Kaine's motives, and his twisted way of protecting MJ.

A similar personality could be given to the tarantula too
Does anyone remember the 90's TV series? the episodes where peter transformed into the big gigantic spider, that was a cool story and something similar could be done with tarantula, making him an awesome villain!

Last edited:
You know, I was honestly impressed with this issue. Not that it was a penultimate comic or anything, just a vast improvement over this arc as a whole (and title as a whole for a long while now). I hope this trend continues. The annoying, over-done Bendis dialogue is still there. And more than a few of the characters come off as wooden, one-dimensional, and even out of character, but these usualy irks were easily looked over due to the rest of the issue. There was a lot of good in the issue, and several surprises for me as well. The most important was Bendis not taking th Dues Ex Machina route and having Prof. X erase Aunt May's knowledge of Peter's identity as Spider-Man. I'm glad that May now knows Peter's secret, as it will not only help add a new dynamic to their relationship (and thereby hopefully make May a more interesting character in the future), but also lead to a lot of drama (May's internal/external conflict on allowing Peter to do what he does knowing the inherent danger to him and those he loves).

Anyway, good issue, 4/5. I'll post more later.

I completely agree with this. I was so happy he at least did something permanent in the case of May's knowledge of Peter.

Tarantula should have lived just because his design is awesome.

But nope! Instead we get Peter but with the troubles of PMS and hiding her sexuality. :/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back