Ultimate Spider-Man #110... SPOILERS!

There was also a guy on the news that got a metal pipe right through his head (left cheek to upper right head) and survived and just a month or so ago there was a story about a guy that got shot with a nail gun several times in the head and survived.

There was also a guy on the news that got a metal pipe right through his head (left cheek to upper right head) and survived and just a month or so ago there was a story about a guy that got shot with a nail gun several times in the head and survived.

are they mobile?

I like Ultimate Daredevil being a raving lunatic, makes him different than 616 Daredevil finally

And plus we don't know what happened, maybe killing Moonknight only kills whatever personality he was using at the time

are they mobile?
The guy with the metal pipe, yes (but he has some problems with his memory and constant headaches). The guy with the nails, I don't know. I think it's too early to tell but the doctors where optimistic about his recovery when they performed the surgery if I remember correctly.

We dont realy know what ultimate Moonknight's powers are. Wacky egyptian background? or some funky waterbending powers that get stronger when the moon is full?

Avatar: The Last Airbender reference? Totally cool!

And plus we don't know what happened, maybe killing Moonknight only kills whatever personality he was using at the time

That's what I was thinking... ::squints eyes:: what am I thinking now?

I interpreted it as Moon Knight's Ronin personality dying, not him... If it sounds weird to you, think Fight Club where Brad Pitt Tyler Durden dies when Ed Norton Tyler Durden shoots himself in the mouth and survives. That's why it didn't bother me.

Daredevil's loonatic turn made loads of sense to me. He lost everything because he was sold out by his friend by a man that twisted his arm one too many times. That was such an awesome scene where he was strangling Fisk's wife.

Hey, not to mention that, for Bagley's final full issue, the art was spot on. A lot of the panels were back to the same caliber as they were during the last Kingpin arc.

Maybe the getting shot will cause more mental problems. Ever hear of Phineas Gage? He had a metal rod (it was a kind of tool called a "tamping iron") shot through his brain and survived (a really long time ago--late nineteenth century or early twentieth, I think). However, he had huge personality changes because of the areas of his brain that were damaged.

Last edited:
I think the whole point of Moon Knight is that he has some weird Egyptian resurrection powers or something.

I thought this was a really good issue and the whole arc is kind fo a return to form for the book. I'm excited to see Immonen next issue.

I still don't really get how Daredevil goes from wanting to kill Kingpin to not wanting to kill Kingpin to wanting to kill Vanessa, though. Also, this would've been so much better with Jean DeWolfe around.

Well, it *is* possible. There was a kid who once got shot point blank in the head and he survived.

I remember hearing about that... He was missing a huge section of his skull and brain, that ended up caving in. He eventually had surgery to make his head look normal, then went on to graduate College.

but anyways I liked this arc. Figures Bendis would wait for everyone to hate his writing and then get good.

This issue was dope. Super dope. Why can't Bendis write like this more often?

Also, he's totally going to have Peter train under Daredevil now. Like Batman and Robin.

Last edited:
What does it mean for Moon Knight's identity to be public knowledge? Will Nick Fury be after him now? Or will Moon Knight come up with another identity to remain elusive?

...We need to talk about this issue.

It was actually awesome and we're not exactly on topic! :-D
Actually, we were. Iron Fist and his family were in the issue, no?

The only problem I have with the Ronin personality dying is that it was THAT personality that made him get up from the water.
Yeah, that was a bit "...oookay...". I don't see why it couldn't be one of the other personalities.

Am I the only one who noticed that both Cloak and Dagger were girls?
No, I saw they were both girls.

Pretty good issue, probably a 4/5 for me.

And, after reading Bendis talk USM at CBR.com, and then rereading this arc straight through, I liked it much better both as a whole and because I know Bendis is going to follow up on some of the stuff I really liked from this arc -- like the Jessica Jones / Mary Jane news rivalry. Plus, "The Talk" and "Death of a Goblin" have me pretty excited, and that'll be for months to come, unless Bendis ****s up again and we're stuck for six months with a crappy USM story. But if not, then we've got ICEMAN and FIRESTAR and that's gonna kick major ***. So, things are finally lookin' up for this title, I'm happy to say.

#106 -- 4/5

#107 -- 3.5/5

#108 -- 3.5/5

#109 -- 3/5

#110 -- 4/5

"Ultimate Knights" -- 4/5

I may have changed some of my grades from their original ratings, but whatever.

Stuart Immonen FTW!!

I interpreted it as Moon Knight's Ronin personality dying, not him... If it sounds weird to you, think Fight Club where Brad Pitt Tyler Durden dies when Ed Norton Tyler Durden shoots himself in the mouth and survives. That's why it didn't bother me.

Daredevil's loonatic turn made loads of sense to me. He lost everything because he was sold out by his friend by a man that twisted his arm one too many times. That was such an awesome scene where he was strangling Fisk's wife.

Hey, not to mention that, for Bagley's final full issue, the art was spot on. A lot of the panels were back to the same caliber as they were during the last Kingpin arc.

The first rule of Fight Club, don't talk about Fight Club.

I dont get this talk about Moon Knight having resurrection powers, It simply was a non fatal shot. Moon Knight doesnt have any powers so there's no reason for Fury to even care.

This issue was okay but not great. I felt the "kingpin is done" deal was really forced, I recall he being arrested for murder which was CAUGHT ON TAPE and he walked. I liked Peter talking DD down but Ult. Daredevil does not interest me in the least. Bendis may have done great things for him in 616 but has taken a huge dump on him in the UU.

Next issue has to be amazing, one of the many things that piss me off about the arc that "shall not be named" is that there were many great stories possiblities with the secret identity deal and Aunt May which have been completely ruined, So it has to work or else the series will never recover

I dont get this talk about Moon Knight having resurrection powers, It simply was a non fatal shot. Moon Knight doesnt have any powers so there's no reason for Fury to even care.

This issue was okay but not great. I felt the "kingpin is done" deal was really forced, I recall he being arrested for murder which was CAUGHT ON TAPE and he walked. I liked Peter talking DD down but Ult. Daredevil does not interest me in the least. Bendis may have done great things for him in 616 but has taken a huge dump on him in the UU.

Next issue has to be amazing, one of the many things that piss me off about the arc that "shall not be named" is that there were many great stories possiblities with the secret identity deal and Aunt May which have been completely ruined, So it has to work or else the series will never recover

Immonen will raise your spirits.

Pretty good issue, probably a 4/5 for me.

And, after reading Bendis talk USM at CBR.com, and then rereading this arc straight through, I liked it much better both as a whole and because I know Bendis is going to follow up on some of the stuff I really liked from this arc -- like the Jessica Jones / Mary Jane news rivalry. Plus, "The Talk" and "Death of a Goblin" have me pretty excited, and that'll be for months to come, unless Bendis ****s up again and we're stuck for six months with a crappy USM story. But if not, then we've got ICEMAN and FIRESTAR and that's gonna kick major ***. So, things are finally lookin' up for this title, I'm happy to say.

#106 -- 4/5

#107 -- 3.5/5

#108 -- 3.5/5

#109 -- 3/5

#110 -- 4/5

"Ultimate Knights" -- 4/5

I may have changed some of my grades from their original ratings, but whatever.

Stuart Immonen FTW!!
I fully endorse this post.

Latest posts

Back