Ultimate Spider-Man #99 discussion (spoilers)

this is the best issue of ultimate spider-man in a looooooonnngg time

taking all bets

not real aunt may 3/1

richard is carnage 7/1

not real richard parker 2/1

gwen is carnage 2/1

kaine/peter is carnage 5/1

mj turns into a spider-girl 9/1

mj turns into a "carnage" 6/1

mj turns into a she-goblin 4/1

spider-woman is mary parker 10/1

i'll figure out some more later

I haven't read the issue... I don't know really what to think reading all the spoilers...

But.

I thought, my first time reading #98, that Spider-Woman was Peter's mother... I didn't think I'd mention it until I was safe to say it. Now that there is more to Peter's parents than meets the eye, well...

Goodwill said:
I thought, my first time reading #98, that Spider-Woman was Peter's mother... I didn't think I'd mention it until I was safe to say it. Now that there is more to Peter's parents than meets the eye, well...

May doesn't flinch at the secret, 87% of the Tri-state area knows who he is, and now his dad is alive.

Nothing is safe.

does this mean that Eddie Brocks dad is aslo still alive?

Also it could that clone that captured MJ be Ultimate Kaine..or its Ultimate Spidercide.

Last edited:
wait a minute

if MJ is forced into getting spider powers and she ends up a goblin that would lead into the death of the goblin arc that has been rumoured??? naah thats stupide bendis wouldn't doo that

or would he?? Dun Dun DUH!!

Wow....this issue was just....awesome. Great, but short, issue which will blow you away with all the stuff in it. And VVD I thought it was going to be Ben but....guess not. My bet is that he is Carnage :D. Haha jk, or am I?

Great confusing issue.

It is clearly, one hundred percent clearly Kaine.

He looks like his 616 alternative, the scarring is even on the right sight of his face (which is, coincidentally, the left side of his face).

Kaine gets his name from that scarring, and the fact that his destabilized body mechanics scars anyone he touches "The Mark of Cain", if you will.

Kaine is a great character, the very unstable Peter who knows he isn't the original because of the scars on his face.

God, this series finally took the step back over the line. Bendis isn't afraid to **** with 616 continuity in the way one can in the Ultimate Universe, and he's finally showing it.

HELL YES!

5/5, just for satisfaction.

hahaha, i love how this is taking something inherently proven to be awful (clone saga), and making it interesting.

so we now know that the concept behind ultimate spider-man is not "peter-parker-starting-out-today," but rather "clone-saga-could-be-good-if-meticulously-planned"

Now I'm kind of regreting not reading this. I'll have to make a note to read it in Borders.

OK, after reading it....tentatively...

4.8/5

I just know things are going to be explained away in a dumb way (and I really don't think that was Aunt May OR Richard), but at this moment in time, this was a darn good issue. Full of surprises, and ones that even though are a little out there are acceptable in the context of the story.

I had a feeling of "huh..." at the end, which rarely happens with this book anymore. I'm glad this was good.

I'm just apprehensive that it's all going to ****.

WOW!I have absolutely no clue where this is going...and im excited

5/5

Sweet issue. I cant beleive the clone saga is not even half done. I think its going to keep getting better. And Peter revealing to Aunt May! :shock:

...Wow best thing I've seen by Bendis at least this year.

4.5/5 Didn't like Aunt May's reaction, maybe it's not her, but I think she is kinda out of character there...

Alright, I haven't read this issue yet, but I'm going to give my loud-mouthed opinion on it anyway. Go ahead and throw your stones at me.

Done? Alright. Good.

If there's one thing that can be said about us kids at Ultimate Central, it's that we're the most bipolar bunch of bastards this side of Mommy, Dearest. Especially when it comes to Bendis, we either hate an issue with the sort of venom we reserve for child molestors, or we love it with the sort of adoration we reserve for children.

Let's keep in mind, fellows, Bendis has yet to turn the Clone Saga into a good story. He's thrown in a buch of SHOCKING TWISTS that kind of/sort of tie in to old stories, but we don't have any explanation or any payoff for them yet. Comics are a serial format, and BEndis seems to be prescribing to the old serial mainstay of leaving on a cliffhanger to get people to buy his next issue. Some people do it well (Vaughan, you're a god), but I'm personally a little hesitant about Bendis here. Just because it sort of ties into things that have happened in the past doesn't mean it's going to pay off particularly well.

Peter's dad is still alive? Eh... Well... We never saw much of that character anyway. Aunt May is acting like a total ***** to Peter, despite knowing what he must have been going through? That's not an interesting twist on the character. It's just a betrayal of the May we've come to love over the past 100 issues. Gwen's actually Carnage? Well, raise your hand if you liked the original Carnage arc in the first place. I don't have much of an attachment to Gwen OR Carnage. Do you? MJ's getting powers? God help us.... Fury's issuing an armada of Spider-Slayers to be built? Well... uuhh.... That I really CAN'T be skeptical about. Seriously. It's awesome.

I'm not saying the Clone Saga's going to be bad. It may be wicked awesome. I'm just saying, don't get too worked up about it until we have some answers.

Zombipanda said:
Aunt May is acting like a total ***** to Peter, despite knowing what he must have been going through? That's not an interesting twist on the character. It's just a betrayal of the May we've come to love over the past 100 issues.

Were you reading the same USM I was? There was a whole issue of Aunt May crying to a psychologist of how Spider-man was the cause of all her problems, despite the fact that she (thought) never met him.

And now she finds out he's her nephew. It fits perfectly with May's character.

Lynx said:
Were you reading the same USM I was? There was a whole issue of Aunt May crying to a psychologist of how Spider-man was the cause of all her problems, despite the fact that she (thought) never met him.

And now she finds out he's her nephew. It fits perfectly with May's character.

Yeah....this isn't the sweet ol May most fans are used to. This one's full of fire. I'd hit it. :lol:

Latest posts

Back