Ultimate Spider-Man #99 discussion (spoilers)

That entire issue is INSANE.

Thoughts:
1. Miles Warren loved Gwen in 616 and made a Gwen clone. Is this a May clone of some sort? Do we even know if he's involved with this?
2. The zoo... we were told there'd be more insectoid Ultimatizations. Maybe "The Zoo" is where they all stay?
3. Spider-Woman... still thinking it's She-Peter. Just from the behavior and stuff. It'd be too weird if his own mom was slapping him around and then wandering off.
4. Gwen... WTF? I'm wondering if she's A Carnage but not THE Carnage. Like Carnage turned into all the people he has DNA for... in separate bodies. So there's a Richard-Carnage, a Gwen-Carnage, a regular Carnage, a Connors-Carnage, etc.

Last edited:
jtg3885 said:
That entire issue is INSANE.

Thoughts:
1. Miles Warren loved Gwen in 616 and made a Gwen clone. Is this a May clone of some sort? Do we even know if he's involved with this?
2. The zoo... we were told there'd be more insectoid Ultimatizations. Maybe "The Zoo" is where they all stay?
3. Spider-Woman... still thinking it's She-Peter. Just from the behavior and stuff. It'd be too weird if his own mom was slapping him around and then wandering off.
4. Gwen... WTF? I'm wondering if she's A Carnage but not THE Carnage. Like Carnage turned into all the people he has DNA for... in separate bodies. So there's a Richard-Carnage, a Gwen-Carnage, a regular Carnage, a Connors-Carnage, etc.

No I think Carnage some how servied and took the form of the last person it absorbed. The Kaine of the 616 Universe servied being thrown in the Smoke stacks by The Jackal. So I guess it's possible.

If this is, in fact, Richard Parker... Perhaps Jessica Drew will be Peter's Half-Sister, or just flat-out regular sister...

Then again, it ain't called the Clone Saga for nothing!

Last edited:
the watcher said:
No I think Carnage some how servied and took the form of the last person it absorbed. The Kaine of the 616 Universe servied being thrown in the Smoke stacks by The Jackal. So I guess it's possible.
Servied? WTF?

And Carnage obtained final form as Richard Parker. So for your theory, he could be Richard but not Gwen.

the watcher said:
No I think Carnage some how servied and took the form of the last person it absorbed.

That would mean it would become one of two cops it drained during the final fight with Peter, right before it changed into Richard.

Whoa. I mean like totally Whoa! I'm still finding it hard to believe that the best USM story line in over a year is entitled The Clone Saga - but let's face it - this rocks.

I do wonder where Richard Parkers been for the last 10 years or so, SHIELD? OSCORP? Maybe even Hydra (spider woman thing?).

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
That would mean it would become one of two cops it drained during the final fight with Peter, right before it changed into Richard.

Wouldn't be surprised if next issue we get a couple of scenes showing some police department widows getting an unexpected visitor or two...

Maybe Carnage "poops" out clones that are then left with aspects of carnages memory.

Zombipanda said:
If there's one thing that can be said about us kids at Ultimate Central, it's that we're the most bipolar bunch of bastards this side of Mommy, Dearest. Especially when it comes to Bendis, we either hate an issue with the sort of venom we reserve for child molestors, or we love it with the sort of adoration we reserve for children.

:lol:

Zombipanda said:
Let's keep in mind, fellows, Bendis has yet to turn the Clone Saga into a good story. He's thrown in a buch of SHOCKING TWISTS that kind of/sort of tie in to old stories, but we don't have any explanation or any payoff for them yet.

That's OK though. I think he's going to tie them all together in the end. I can't judge a story on something I haven't read yet. Right now he's giving us pieces of the puzzle, and they're some pretty good pieces.

Zombipanda said:
Peter's dad is still alive?

I doubt it.

Zombipanda said:
Aunt May is acting like a total ***** to Peter, despite knowing what he must have been going through? That's not an interesting twist on the character. It's just a betrayal of the May we've come to love over the past 100 issues.

I really don't think that's May, either.

Zombipanda said:
Gwen's actually Carnage?

That's just speculation. I can't hold bad speculation against Bendis. If it turns out to be true, then that would be bad. But right now, it's not.

Zombipanda said:
MJ's getting powers? God help us....

And that's why I'm apprehensive about this whole thing. I like it so far, but just the idea of that is yea close to ruining the entire book for me.

It wouldn't be that Gwen is Carnage. It would be that the new Carnage is based on Gwen's DNA.

And using Gwen's DNA would be a very low blow on the part of whoever is concerned so it wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's fiendish comic book villainy.

Considering who "lured" May out on a date a few issues back I don't think that that was the real May either :wink:

Oh, and "Ed O'Neil"? Someone has been whatching too many "Married with Children" reruns :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody go back and reread the Carnage issues? Carnage is killed in the smokestacks, just like the original Spider-Man clone (Ben Reilly) of the 616. How long was Bendis planning this thing?

BTW :

I had almost a feeling like what we saw in 99 was in fact an hallucination of the scorpion Parker. Just something about the surrealism of the last panels and then transition from seeing Richard to the unconscious Scorpion.

Probably nothing and just a technique to add to the confusion of the situation.

Duuuuude.

As Peter was explaining to May that he was Spider-Man, I was thinking hwo it was a little too soon to do something like this, and how it was making things a little to close to 616 for me... then Bendis pulls THIS. Presuming Richard isn't connected to all of this in some way, I'd love to see Peter move in with him for a while once this is over.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention Fury calling for the Spider-Slayers at the end either. I seriously can't wait for the next issue. Why does it have to be a month away? :x

E.Vi.L. said:
BTW :

I had almost a feeling like what we saw in 99 was in fact an hallucination of the scorpion Parker. Just something about the surrealism of the last panels and then transition from seeing Richard to the unconscious Scorpion.

Probably nothing and just a technique to add to the confusion of the situation.

Yeah, somethign funny was going on there. We didn't see any of it, we just got a rehash from "Peter" after the fact. And his demeanor was...weird. Subdued. You'd think he'd be freaking out after something like that.

You may be on to something there. Or on something. :D

If Bendis makes May, Richard, and Gwen all clones or Carnage, I'll be pissed. Richard coming in at the end was the best twist thus far.

Nick Fury calling in the Spider-Slayers was badass.

I can't wait for #100.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Considering who "lured" May out on a date a few issues back I don't think that that was the real May either :wink:

Oh, and "Ed O'Neil"? Someone has been whatching too many "Married with Children" reruns :lol:

Agreed on both counts. Lets not forget that Miles Warren (the guy May went out on a date with...well, at least thats what we were told) worked for Osborn. It seems likely May was kidnapped, and replaced with a clone.

The Skoot said:
Duuuuude.

As Peter was explaining to May that he was Spider-Man, I was thinking hwo it was a little too soon to do something like this, and how it was making things a little to close to 616 for me... then Bendis pulls THIS. Presuming Richard isn't connected to all of this in some way, I'd love to see Peter move in with him for a while once this is over.

Of course, if the May in this arc is really a clone, by the time the arc is over and the real May is found and rescued, and the clone presumably killed, captured, etc, the real May still won't know Peter is Spider-Man...and this is the way Bendis is going to put things "back to normal" after all the shocks of this arc.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention Fury calling for the Spider-Slayers at the end either. I seriously can't wait for the next issue. Why does it have to be a month away? :x

Well, at least its a double-sized issue.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

here's my two cents on the spiderslayers being called in:

someone cloned a bunch of spidermen, say.. a hundred or so. and he did experiments on them to give em all slightly different abilities. Becasue he has so many of them evenually one managed to escape.
Fury suspected someone was cloning peter, but couldent prove it. But he made/trained a battalion of spidersalyers.

So in the next issue we'll get a 100 spidermen vs a battalion of spiderslayers.

Peter should at least go see a shrink after this issue. Its just to much for a 15 year old to handle.

edit: does that clearance code fury gives mean anything to anyone? The only Ed O'Neil i know of plays Al Bundy on Married... with Children.

Last edited:
Just finished the comic!!!! It was so fricking awesome.It's like a gigantic "in your face" for all of us telling that USM is ain't what it used to be.

I finally had the feeling I had with the first issues of USM.It has a great dark side,and the whole world is closing on Parker again!!!
let me see
-he is not doing good with kitty
-mj is kidnapped
-real or clone, aunt may just kicked him out of the house
-his father is still alive!!and his aunt kept that secret from him
-oh wait,gwen is back!!but how?another great question for p.p. to answer
-spider-slayers! :::no comment:::
(i think it will be just like hulk buster unit,don't expect anything real cool)
-he has a clone of himself with a scorpion tail at the baxter building
-and the weird spider-girl with a costume that looks like the venom suit
-eventhough he doesn't know yet , carnage is back online :)

sure peter's world is not getting any better :) USM is about to turn into that lovely book i was used to read.hope bendis won't turn the clone saga into a total failure like the guys at 616 did.

This is too much stuff for a 15 year old to deal with. There is so much crap going on with Peter that he should just slit his wrists and be done with it.

Latest posts

Back