Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Goodwill said:
Leaps and bounds better than Annual #1.
This was by far better than the first one. Last year's annuals were a let down for me. This one was pretty solid. I hope this sets the trend for the rest of the annuals.

I said he's mocking Speedball, AND he's mocking Hawkeye's death. Not Speedball's death.

E said:
I said he's mocking Speedball, AND he's mocking Hawkeye's death. Not Speedball's death.
Ah. Misunderstanding. The way the setence is written, just sounds like both deaths (though there is only one) were mocked. :)

I disagree about the mocking of Hawkeye's death, but that's just me. Also wouldn't call it mocking Speedball either, but again, juuuust me. :)

I am conflicted.

While I liked the introduction of a possible Ultimate Marvel Knights, I think Bendis tried to stuff way too much into the issue. Punisher got hardly any time at all, Ultimate Kangaroo was only Kangaroo in name only, which disappointed me.

And DeWolfe's death was a waste. She has hardly been shown since Warriors, and what could have been one of the most interesting plot devices is gone.

And Fisk sleeping with her? I must echo the complaints of other members here when I say that this goes against the Fisk shown in Cats and Kings, who wanted so badly to save his wife.

Sacred&Profane said:
I am conflicted.

While I liked the introduction of a possible Ultimate Marvel Knights, I think Bendis tried to stuff way too much into the issue. Punisher got hardly any time at all, Ultimate Kangaroo was only Kangaroo in name only, which disappointed me.

And DeWolfe's death was a waste. She has hardly been shown since Warriors, and what could have been one of the most interesting plot devices is gone.

And Fisk sleeping with her? I must echo the complaints of other members here when I say that this goes against the Fisk shown in Cats and Kings, who wanted so badly to save his wife.

A guy gets lonely, what can you say. There's couple's that have been married for 20+ years and they get divorced. I makes sense if you look at it like that. Yeah he's rich and get any woman, but he wants someone he can make a connection with, some as bad as he is. Dewolffe is that woman. He probably doesn't see his wife coming out of a coma anytime soon so he might as well have a filler. His wife is as good as dead anyway.

DeWolfe's and Fisk reminds me of Austin Powers 2 when Felicity sleeps with Fat Bastard.
Meh... I liked the "Ultimate Knights" thing...the rest was not that good

2/5

Not only does Kingpin and DeWolffe have a thing, Daredevil says: "The rumor is, she actually sleeps with him. She's not the only one."

Really doesn't fit with what we've seen before of Kingpin.

Ultimate Houde said:
You highlighted the wrong area
But with that last page of Kingpin in his PJ's on his bed...and that sad look on his face since the time read 11:22...I mean, unless she was coming over just to tuck him in...

why the hell does spidey keep taking all this gruff from daredevil saying "u don't know sh*t" and stuff i was waiting for spidey to whirl around and deck him and say..

spidey" now you listen i have taken down the kingpin twice and i took care of hammerhead plus i'm pretty sure you haven't fought any giant goblin creature's or vampire's or mutant hating cyborg's so why don't you sit your red little a*s down and let me take care of this jack-a*s"

daredevil " i'm sorry i had no idea i'm just jealous because i've only appeared in a hand full of issue's"

oh and my list for ultimate knight's:
daredevil
punisher
moon knight
iron fist
shang-chi
black cat
elektra
blade

very good annual this has raised my hopes in bendis maybe after he leaves USM he'll be on UMK and he'll get to write what he's good at crime/gangland stuff

Last edited:
Hibiki said:
A guy gets lonely, what can you say. There's couple's that have been married for 20+ years and they get divorced. I makes sense if you look at it like that. Yeah he's rich and get any woman, but he wants someone he can make a connection with, some as bad as he is. Dewolffe is that woman. He probably doesn't see his wife coming out of a coma anytime soon so he might as well have a filler. His wife is as good as dead anyway.
You are heartless when it comes to long term relationships. I can't believe your saying it's no big deal that Fisk is sleeping around on his comatos wife. The guy's still married what happened to standing vigil.

Also the term "filler" has disturbing connotations. "Fill in" would have been better.

The one divorce that really shook me up was the divorce of my friend's grandparents. I know the family really well and I knew his grandparents. They'd been married 42 years when it broke that he had been having an affair for 3 years with woman who live in their neighborhood. I couldn't believe that could happen after so many years of marriage.

gemini-mk said:
why the hell does spidey keep taking all this gruff from daredevil saying "u don't know sh*t" and stuff i was waiting for spidey to whirl around and deck him and say..

spidey" now you listen i have taken down the kingpin twice and i took care of hammerhead plus i'm pretty sure you haven't fought any giant goblin creature's or vampire's or mutant hating cyborg's so why don't you sit your red little a*s down and let me take care of this jack-a*s"

daredevil " i'm sorry i had no idea i'm just jealous because i've only appeared in a hand full of issue's"

oh and my list for ultimate knight's:
daredevil
punisher
moon knight
iron fist
shang-chi
black cat
elektra
blade

very good annual this has raised my hopes in bendis maybe after he leaves USM he'll be on UMK and he'll get to write what he's good at crime/gangland stuff

You make my brain die.

I noticed that Kangaroo's hideout has BMB singh on the wall

Bendis you ego maniac(tsk tsk)

i liked it Ultimate Knights and alll.....nut poor fisk not getting any....i wanted too hugh him......did he know that she died or did he think he got stood up?..pretty sure he found out

Punisher is back in prison...man killing that dude with tha tray was cool

Considering that the Punisher hates Dare Devil and Moon Knight with a passion, and vice versa, I seriously doubt they would let him on the tem or he would even want to join. Blade's crusade is against vampires not Kingpin and organized crime. He wouldn't join either nor even be invited.

Venom Melendez said:
I noticed that Kangaroo's hideout has BMB singh on the wall

Bendis you ego maniac(tsk tsk)

A lot of writers do that in their comics, not just Bendis. In fact in The Escapists by Brian Vaughan (the best writer in comics) which also came out Wednesday, he puts his initials on a beer bottle.

I know the real reason why E didn't like the issue - there was no DD vs. Moonknight as promised... Instead, they practically got married! Bull****. :)

Latest posts

Back