Ultimate Spider-Man: Death of a Goblin (#112-117) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #114 Discussion (With spoilers aye)

You want people looking the same? Go look at Bagley's art during the series.

Oh damn, am I gonna get banned now?

You want people looking the same? Go look at Bagley's art during the series.

Oh damn, am I gonna get banned now?

STOP TELLING PEOPLE THE TRUTH, IT'S NOT POPULAR!

I liked the issue, I just wish it had a bit more dialogue in it. I finished it way too fast. Why can't more books be like Ant-Man or The Initiative? Heck, Bendis is usually the go-to guy for dialogue heavy books (see New Avengers right now) but I feel like these last two issues were too quick of a read.

The art, as always, was fantastic. Immonen needs to stay long term on the title.

4/5

Another great issue !!

Art and storyline both fantastic as per last few issues !!

Loved the whole <"he's running away???" "where's your dignity ???"> thing !! that raised a chuckle :lol: :lol:

The only problem now is ... can I wait till the next issue ???

4.4/5

Before I saw the preview, I thought it would have Peter being more freaked out and it would have Peter and MJ talking it out like a responsible couple--you know, like Kitty and Peter would have. Unfortunately, it did not.

MJ is being written as immature and whiny. It's like she's degenerated as a character from how she was portrayed before. Peter might not have loved Kitty, but at least she was actually helpful and supportive instead of making him worried all the time.

The scenario of "I'm happy with my current girlfriend, but I'll dump her for this other girl who I had a passionate romance with that we mutually ruined for all of eternity with a series of terrible mistakes and decisions" isn't unique or unrealistic, but it's frustrating to see these characters who have supposedly grown play it out. Bendis isn't treating it like we should be happy he kissed MJ before even breaking up with Kitty, but it's not being portrayed like it's unhealthy and I really think it is. I mean, Peter and MJ are in high school, but it's like they've thought since the beginning (seriously, check out how many times they've talked about getting married!) and still secretly think that they're Meant To Be.

Last edited:

The scenario of "I'm happy with my current girlfriend, but I'll dump her for this other girl who I had a passionate romance with that we mutually ruined for all of eternity with a series of terrible mistakes and decisions" isn't unique or unrealistic, but it's frustrating to see these characters who have supposedly grown play it out.

You forget though he's Spider-man

Of course he thinks of dumping current girl for old one , old one is hotter and we as men don't tend to think with our brains :lol:

You forget though he's Spider-man

Of course he thinks of dumping current girl for old one , old one is hotter and we as men don't tend to think with our brains :lol:

Or, at least, you don't.

I'd go with the one who isn't a self-center *****.

MJ is being written as immature and whiny. It's like she's degenerated as a character from how she was portrayed before. Peter might not have loved Kitty, but at least she was actually helpful and supportive instead of making him worried all the time.

The scenario of "I'm happy with my current girlfriend, but I'll dump her for this other girl who I had a passionate romance with that we mutually ruined for all of eternity with a series of terrible mistakes and decisions" isn't unique or unrealistic, but it's frustrating to see these characters who have supposedly grown play it out. Bendis isn't treating it like we should be happy he kissed MJ before even breaking up with Kitty, but it's not being portrayed like it's unhealthy and I really think it is. I mean, Peter and MJ are in high school, but it's like they've thought since the beginning (seriously, check out how many times they've talked about getting married!) and still secretly think that they're Meant To Be.

mary jane has been immature since almost day one. all of her marriage talk is vintage high-school gooey love talk - no concept of the real world. i love how she sort of realizes her own immaturity and tries (with occasional success) to grow up a little, but i can forgive her freakout here.

kitty's emotional maturity level is a little higher, and she definitely has a more neurotic real-world view of relationships ("Don't break up with me!"), yet another reason that she is a breath of fresh air for both us and peter.

peter is wise beyond his years in lots of ways, but that's not taken for granted, especially in the relationship department. the title has nicely underlined the fact that bravery and conscience, while mature, are not the same thing as maturity.

I this is one of the strongest arcs ever.

The fight between Spidey and Electro was classic. As was the quips.

Maybe the art is just making me biased.

I finally read this. It was really good.

The story seems like it's going to be Really Important, and it might actually deliver.

And Immonen is amazing. It really feels like his characters are moving, from MJ running at the beginning to the fantastic Electro fight, which is one of the best action sequences this book has ever had. Compare it to "Ronin" running into the high school, which should've been great but was boring.

This book really has life again, and it's not a conincedence that the focus has shifted back to PETER.

I'm a little late to the party, but jsut wanted to chime in with how good this was. So good to be getting a good story, and with a meaningful villain.

I really liked the whole "I'm supposed to protect you" "And now I'm protecting you" - great dialog.

"Faaar out - it's naked Electric Guy!" - great line. Bendis does wisecracking Spidey well, and this is another instance of that.

I'm a little confused about Electro - I thought he was like pure electricity or something. How does he get hit? And is he surfing on electricity through the city? And if so, why isn't he moving much much faster? Spider-man shouldn't be able to catch him.

Anyway, great issue.

I'm a little confused about Electro - I thought he was like pure electricity or something. How does he get hit? And is he surfing on electricity through the city? And if so, why isn't he moving much much faster? Spider-man shouldn't be able to catch him.

Anyway, great issue.
He has electricity around him, not pure energy. I think the electricity he's standing on isn't a surfing board but more of a build of energy to push him up, levitating him

I'm trying to figure out if this is really THAT much better or if I am just glad to have Bagley off the book.

I'm trying to figure out if this is really THAT much better or if I am just glad to have Bagley off the book.

it's not that much better, I think that Immonen's art really makes "Bendis dialogue" work better

Not too be stupid, but I seem to have missed when Nicj Fry "disappeared" from the ultimate universe. Can anyone tell me in what issue his disappearance is first mentioned?

Not too be stupid, but I seem to have missed when Nicj Fry "disappeared" from the ultimate universe. Can anyone tell me in what issue his disappearance is first mentioned?

Nobody knows yet. It will most likely happen in Ultimate Power, though.

Ultimate Spider-Man #115 Discussion *Spoilers*

Each issue gets better and better.

Peter Parker wakes up in SHIELD detention at the Triskelion, at the mercy of Carol Danvers, who's operating the Triskelion due to General Fury's absence. Meanwhile, Norman Osborn is trying to locate his money, as he's still currently on the run, and Kitty Pryde has a study date with Kong. Kitty breaks Peter out. They are stopped by Danvers you can makes them Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to help stop Osbourne.

The highlight was the Spider-Man - Goblin fight and Spider-Man's taunts.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #115 Discussion *Spoilers*

The last page of the issue is the best thing that immonen has ever done. They should use it to teach a class on the word 'cliffhanger'.

Latest posts

Back