Ultimate Spider-man: War of the Symbiotes (#123-128) (Spoilers)

To be honest, Carnage being Gwen doesn't really make much sense. The original symbiote that absorbed Gwen's DNA was disposed by Spidey into some factory's smokestack and this Carnage came from the sample retrieved from Ben Reilly. I'm also wondering why Gwen reacts as if he doesn't know Eddie at all. Didn't he try to come on to her in the Venom arc?

But at least it was a good ending to the arc. Should we finally remove USM the video game completely from continuity? To be honest, there's already way too much contradictions and keeping it in the timeline will not make much sense. It really departed away from the ending of the game and was its own story.

To be honest, Carnage being Gwen doesn't really make much sense. The original symbiote that absorbed Gwen's DNA was disposed by Spidey into some factory's smokestack and this Carnage came from the sample retrieved from Ben Reilly. I'm also wondering why Gwen reacts as if he doesn't know Eddie at all. Didn't he try to come on to her in the Venom arc?

I don't think it was intended that Gwen didn't recognize Eddie. It wasn't really addressed. Once they met up Eddie just absorbed the Venom/Carnage out of her.

But at least it was a good ending to the arc. Should we finally remove USM the video game completely from continuity? To be honest, there's already way too much contradictions and keeping it in the timeline will not make much sense. It really departed away from the ending of the game and was its own story.

I'm keeping it in the timeline for a couple reasons. It did create continuity issues, but many things on the timeline do, but this doesn't mean it should be removed.

I'm keeping the game in the timeline mainly becuase it brought up plot-lines that were ignored in the comic adaptation (mainly the stuff involving Electro and Green Goblin in the game) but played into later comic arcs. The game basically explains why Osborn/Goblin isn't still in stasis post-Ultimate Six.

The beginning of the arc pretty faithfully adapted the game...the endings were completely different, of course.

Its basically a pick and choose situation...they're both on the timeline so you can pick which you prefer, but still fill in the missing pieces.

Stuart Immonen owns this book. Seriously. I hope he stays on even longer than Bendis.

Great ending... That I'm hoping willl lead into Ultimatum. I want to see more of that monster Venom!

So now doom has both sandman and venom, any theories about what he's planning to do with both of them?

So now doom has both sandman and venom, any theories about what he's planning to do with both of them?

If we look at the game, Beetle was able to capture part of Sandman but not Venom. For the comic, it's the other way around. So unless Bendis decides to make a hybrid, referring to the unmentioned parts that showed up in the game as canon, while all those that were retconned by the comic no longer matter, Sandman was never captured by Beetle.

Sandman needs to come back... Definitely.

Or, there needs to be an Ultimate Hydro Man.

So, Doom's got Venom, Beetle, Sandman... Anyone else thinking things are gearing up for a second Sinister Six?

I hate Gwen coming back. I liked her a lot, but knowing Bendis's track record, I have absolutely no faith that he'll explore the repercussions of her return in any interesting, meaningful or funny way.

The one thing that would redeem this for me is an entire issue of Gwen reacclimating to being alive, complete with Peter updating her on politics and entertainment, her getting re-pierced, and a panel of Peter saying "So yeah, it turns out she got better" followed by a full page of reaction shots from his classmates, Powers-questioning-scene style.

Latest posts

Back