Ultimate Spiderman #101 discussion (Spoilers)

The next issue's cliffhanger will reveal that Nick Fury was white until he was injected with OZ Serum and turned Black.

They liked it over at Ultimate-X. Are we seriously the only ones? Is there something wrong with us?

well, has Bendis done some great evil to us all, aside from the notable ones and those already mentioned? I'm gonna go Doctor Drew and pull a love line and say, "Did bendis molest you when you were younger? did that *** sex scene in Alias do something to you? I think the best thing is therapy. GET HELP."

or maybe we're too critical and should just wait and watch, with hopes that Bendis will pull the good stories he's capable of outa his ***, only to see them diminish each time he does a deadpool or mjgoblin

there's nothing wrong with this, but i think you like to bask in Bendis' shame.

Actually, I don't. I like bendis. I loved Secret War... :roll: and I liked HoM. Disassembled was good until I got more into comics and realized there were continuity errors out the wahzoo.

What the hell is wrong with the world?

You don't have people like MW or Doom or E or Ice or anyone on here for that matter voicing their own tought provoking opinion. All the one-of-a-kinds are all here.

the only post on Comic Bloc Forums (a primarily DC Message Board) about this is positive...

I don't get it.

But this is probably why we don't get Ultimate Writers here very often... I'm sure Marvel Editorial doesn't even want Kirkman to have posted as much as he had.

I'm almost sure to them we're just the evil non-affiliated message board thats the most critical of ALL Ultimate Comics.

I'm almost sure to them we're just the evil non-affiliated message board thats the most critical of ALL Ultimate Comics.

Well they need to realize we're not ***** fanboy drones, we speak our mind. If something sucks we wont hold back. And they should visit us an get a real sense to what the public thinks than on a one sided board

the only post on Comic Bloc Forums (a primarily DC Message Board) about this is positive...

I don't get it.

But this is probably why we don't get Ultimate Writers here very often... I'm sure Marvel Editorial doesn't even want Kirkman to have posted as much as he had.

Yeah, that's bollocks. We're are possibly, hands down, without a doubt the best, most critical place on the internet about comics. Oh, and we just happen to have THE best Ultimate Timeline.

99.9999% of the time this is what I tell people.

But there is absolutely NO way that turning MJ into Demogoblin can be acceptable or good. None. Go ahead - I dare anyone to try and think of a scenario where this becomes a good idea.

You know what's funny, E? I agree with you. I agree with you, MWoF, Doom, Doc, Random, all of you. I was against this type of crap from happening. Against this, against time travel, against Asgard, etc.

But something in the back of my head is telling me to wait until the end. Maybe I'm giving Bendis too much credit, but I think Death of the Goblin means something beyond just a death. I'm thinking it's going to be the end arc of the last 100+ issues. I'm sure one of the three (*cringes*) Goblins will die, likely Norman, but I think it also means metaphorically that the Goblin persona in general is going to die. Norman will die physically, and they (Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D, Richard, whoever) will cure Harry and MJ, bringing a big closure to the Super Soldier Genetic War. I don't know, that's how I'd fix it, anyways. . .

Last edited:
But something in the back of my head is telling me to wait until the end.

Me too, and of course I'll read the rest of the story. But I know that nothing he can do will redeem himself of this.

I'm not kidding when I say this is the low point of the entire UU. It blows my mind how ridiculous and stupid it is.

And although I hate that people like this, let's be careful not to insult people's opinions, or worse yet, judge entire message boards by their opinion on one comic.

Having read through the Bendis Boards thread, and posted there, I dont think they're all "ZOMG, BENDIS ROXORS! DEMOGOBLIN IS HOT ****!" I think its more that they dont want to criticize him on his own board... It seems like the MJ decision isn't very popular... They're just expressing it by saying that they're going to wait and see... its not that they like it, its just where they are expressing their feelings.

Its like, you dont go the Fabletown boards to criticize Willingham's run on Robin. You go to somewhere like the Comic Bloc Forums...

Also: I posted a long post about being disapointed with the issue, and even I needed to fluff it up by saying I love Bendis on Alias.

I DO like how our thread on this is just as long/longer than theirs is. We ****ing ROCK.

Having read through the Bendis Boards thread, and posted there, I dont think they're all "ZOMG, BENDIS ROXORS! DEMOGOBLIN IS HOT ****!" I think its more that they dont want to criticize him on his own board... It seems like the MJ decision isn't very popular... They're just expressing it by saying that they're going to wait and see... its not that they like it, its just where they are expressing their feelings.

EXACTLY, and I'm glad you pointed it out. Granted I haven't been there yet today but if I recall correctly I don't remember seeing one post that said that they loved it. And if so, it was very few. Almost everything I read said exactly that - "I'm not sure but I'll wait and see". And I think it's exactly for that reason - they don't want to blast the guy on his own boards. *I* didn't want to blast the guy on his own board, and I didn't.

I'm just gonna say this once and leave it be:

Noooooo.jpg

::sigh's:: dammit Bendis....dammit! :?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back