Ultimate Vision Backstory (Discussion/spoilers)

Ultimate Deadpool said:
I'm reading this stuff about "Robo Transexuals"? A robot can't be a transexual because it's a robot... Unless someone fashioned obvious male genitals AND female breasts, Then I'd be in the corner crying with the rest of you guys...
Genitals fashioned into a robot don't automatically make it 'sexual', unfortunately.

The only way for a robot to be transexual is if it possessed equipment necessary to replicate and reproduce its program into another body (whether through mere data transfer or organic resequencing) and connect that replication process to a daughter-card designed to emulate psychological/socio-biological emotions that make it 'sexual.'

The transexual component comes in when the robot in question feels that it its physical sexual identity does not match its mental/software sexual identity and would therefore correct itself by having an engineer redesign its genitalia (or code-replication system) if not doing that itself.

jtg3885 said:
It's not a wang, genius. It's one of the flying pieces of crap in the room. You seem them near her feet, all to the sides, and behind her. Christ. :roll:

i know what it is, i was making a remark to the post.

ourchair said:
Genitals fashioned into a robot don't automatically make it 'sexual', unfortunately.

The only way for a robot to be transexual is if it possessed equipment necessary to replicate and reproduce its program into another body (whether through mere data transfer or organic resequencing) and connect that replication process to a daughter-card designed to emulate psychological/socio-biological emotions that make it 'sexual.'

The transexual component comes in when the robot in question feels that it its physical sexual identity does not match its mental/software sexual identity and would therefore correct itself by having an engineer redesign its genitalia (or code-replication system) if not doing that itself.

You have given this subject far too much thought, Ourchair. Do yourself a favor, go outside, take a deep breath, and watch the sun set (Nigma taught me that).

Ultimate Deadpool said:
All the real men were wearing kilts 500 years ago.

Still much better than Capris.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What about collecting this in anyway? I heard they're not? That's just wrong of them. They should put it in with Ultimate Extinction.
They will, they just want people to buy the monthlies for fear of missing out. The only reason they're selling the story like this is to get readers of one book to read them all.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
They will, they just want people to buy the monthlies for fear of missing out. The only reason they're selling the story like this is to get readers of one book to read them all.
Yeah, it's probably a stupid ploy.

Wow, 5 pages for a backstory that's not even a complete comic.

More evidence that Ultimate Extinction will take place after or at least within Ultimates 2, Reed already has a "4" symbol on his costume.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Wow, 5 pages for a backstory that's not even a complete comic.

More evidence that Ultimate Extinction will take place after or at least within Ultimates 2, Reed already has a "4" symbol on his costume.

Thats not evidence it takes place during or after Ultimates 2. The FF have been sporting the 4 on their costumes I think since Crossover, after they went public as a result of the events in N-Zone (and Think Tank happened immediately after N-Zone so the effects hadn't been felt yet), and while the Ultimates show up in their Ultimates 2 costumes in Crossover, its entirely possible they began wearing those awhile before Ultimates 2. We'll know for sure if in Extinction the Ultimates are sporting their U2 costumes, or the older ones.

I got USM #86.

Let me tell you... Not impressed. Art sucked. Continuity SUCKED. What sucked the MOST was JD SMITH AND JR JR. The two worst people ever are stuck on this gig. Great.

Goodwill said:
I got USM #86.

Let me tell you... Not impressed. Art sucked. Continuity SUCKED. What sucked the MOST was JD SMITH AND JR JR. The two worst people ever are stuck on this gig. Great.
Could've been worse - could have been Card and Rob Liefeld.

Goodwill said:
I got USM #86.

Continuity wasn't a problem at all...well, except for Reed being 19. But compared to the other continuity problems in the Ultimate universe, that was relatively minor.

Goodwill said:
Continuity SUCKED.

As I've mentioned several times before - if you want to speculate how it will or won't fit in with the game, fine. But don't sit and bash a story which you don't have a clue how it plays out.

UltimateE said:
As I've mentioned several times before - if you want to speculate how it will or won't fit in with the game, fine. But don't sit and bash a story which you don't have a clue how it plays out.

I thought he was talking about the Vision back up story and the fact that it screwed up Reed's age. You know, since this is the Vision thread and all.

DIrishB said:
Continuity wasn't a problem at all...well, except for Reed being 19. But compared to the other continuity problems in the Ultimate universe, that was relatively minor.

It's minor, but it's also pretty embarassing since Millar was also the one who stated in UFF that he was 21 years old. If it was any other writer, even Bendis, it would have been more forgivable.

cmdrjanjalani said:
It's minor, but it's also pretty embarassing since Millar was also the one who stated in UFF that he was 21 years old. If it was any other writer, even Bendis, it would have been more forgivable.

Not really, considering Bendis and Millar cowrote it.

cmdrjanjalani said:

This is true.

ProjectX2 said:
Not really, considering Bendis and Millar cowrote it.

Also true. I know there was one other continuity hiccup in the Vision story, just can't remember what it was. It was barely noticeable, though, not like the 19 mention vs. 21 in the first arc.

Latest posts

Back