Ultimate Vision Backstory (Discussion/spoilers)

Vision claims this took place half a billion years ago.

And it seems to be talking just to Sam Wilson, if that makes any difference.

icemastertron said:
The whole backstory is gonna read better as a whole. I cant wait to have all the parts so I can read them again together.

I would agree with that without even having read the second part yet. I'm really interested in this part after the better reviews its gotten over part 1 here on the site, let alone the great finale of Vaughn's run on UXM it comes with. Damn my job and the late hours it keeps me! Damn it to hell!

Dr.Strangefate said:
Will this be collected with Ultimate Secret or Ultimate Extinction??
In the words of Marvel, "It won't be collected in trade." It won't be in Secret (well, the chances are lower anyway), maybe Extinction.
EDIT: Darn you Guij.

Last edited:
We already know its not in Secret because we already had the solit for the TPB a little while ago. But as of right now, its not going to be in ANY TPB. But Im thinking they'll slip it in a HC of the whole thing (if done). But it'll be in somewhere.

There is an Ultimate Vision miniseries coming in '06, so it could also be collected with that.

It could be, but the two (the current story and the upcoming mini) are related.

According to Marvel.com:

"This story will be playing a major role in the Ultimate Universe in 2006, AND it serves as a prequel to the Ultimate Vision mini-series for next year."

14rdb said:
It could be, but the two (the current story and the upcoming mini) are related.

According to Marvel.com:

"This story will be playing a major role in the Ultimate Universe in 2006, AND it serves as a prequel to the Ultimate Vision mini-series for next year."
Bugger. I find Vision 2 far more interesting than Vision 1 already and this recent gender reassignment has only made it worse.

At the very least, I hope Vision 2 isn't forgotten about.

I expect the female Vision to be around long term (either the current Vision or Vision 2 taking on the same appearance) due to the fact that Joe Mad did the design. I suppose they could have just asked him to do it for the stuff that's going on now, but I think it's more likely it was a redesign he did with U3 in mind.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What? The kind DirishB places as the the first in his timeline? :wink:

No more winking.

Thats why I was wondering if it was just Vision telling the story to Sam instead of just being a flashback. All depends on if there is a voiceover to it or if it somehow ties itself to the present time another way.

I'll adjust the timeline soon as I pick the issue up.

Was there another installment in today's UFF?

Last edited:
14rdb said:
Was there another installment in today's UFF?

Yes.

Basically we find out that Vision was programmed to take an appearance conduscive to whatever world it is traveling to, so that no one will ever again have to take millions of years to decode its message.

UltimateE said:
Yes.

Basically we find out that Vision was programmed to take an appearance conduscive to whatever world it is traveling to, so that no one will ever again have to take millions of years to decode its message.

Ah so the issue that's supposed to justify the sex change. 1/5 and I don't even have to read it.

Latest posts

Back