Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

You guys are all dead to me for being tricked into reading it.

Or maybe this is an elaborate joke on you and we all really hated it even more than Ultimatum.

So, Ultimate X
I swore I would never read it.
I went to pick up my comics today at my LCS. The owner pulled out my comics and then showed me a copy of Ultimate X and asked if I wanted that as well (since I get everything else Ultimate at this point).
I told him, no way. I'm not interested in anything with Loeb's name on the cover.
We spent a few minutes talking about how much Loeb's stuff sucks, I paid for my comics, then left.
I got home, pulled out my new comics to read them, and to my horror, there sat the copy of Ultimate X the guy from my LCS had showed me.
i checked my receipt and he hadn't charged me for it.
So i called the store and told him.
I'm going to return it next time I'm there.
But I read it out of curiosity and I have to say, it wasn't bad.

It wasn't good, but it didn't suck.

I'm still returning it, and I won't buy the next issue.

And one question...Is Colossus his mother?

...Isn't that what happened when you got your comics this past week??. I think the Comic Book Gods are giving you the ok.

however, in an attempt to live with integrity I called my LCS and told them they gave it to me by accident. The owner has asked me to give it back. If he said keep it, then i would feel okay about it. But I'm not about to give him the urine soaked ashes of what used to be a comic.

however, in an attempt to live with integrity I called my LCS and told them they gave it to me by accident. The owner has asked me to give it back. If he said keep it, then i would feel okay about it. But I'm not about to give him the urine soaked ashes of what used to be a comic.

He asked you to give it back?

What a dick.

As someone who's worked in customer service, I'd be surprised to hear an employee say that, much less the owner.

Last edited:
He asked you to give it back?

What a dick.

As someone who's worked in customer service, I'd be surprised to hear an employee say that, much less the owner.

I don't know that I'd call that a dick move, but I do agree that from a customer service standpoint it's a bad idea.

well, he didn't specifically say, "Please bring it back."

I called him and let him know that he had given it to me by accident. I had made it VERY clear in the store that I didn't want it. So i told him i'd try to come and bring it back some time and he said, "no big deal, just bring it next time you're in."

I would have brought it back any way just b/c I feel like it's the right thing to do.

I called him and let him know that he had given it to me by accident. I had made it VERY clear in the store that I didn't want it. So i told him i'd try to come and bring it back some time and he said, "no big deal, just bring it next time you're in."

I would have brought it back any way just b/c I feel like it's the right thing to do.

In that context I don't see anything wrong with it. Even from a customer service point of view. As long as their not "Bring it back now or your banned!" it's just your friendly business

"Bring it back now or I'll make you buy the rest of the series!"

fffffffuuuuu

Oh, right. Yeah, that makes sense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back