Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

No Loeb comic is worthy of my urine.

This is a suddle hint you're into golden showers, isn't it?

however, in an attempt to live with integrity I called my LCS and told them they gave it to me by accident. The owner has asked me to give it back. If he said keep it, then i would feel okay about it. But I'm not about to give him the urine soaked ashes of what used to be a comic.

well, he didn't specifically say, "Please bring it back."

I called him and let him know that he had given it to me by accident. I had made it VERY clear in the store that I didn't want it. So i told him i'd try to come and bring it back some time and he said, "no big deal, just bring it next time you're in."

I would have brought it back any way just b/c I feel like it's the right thing to do.

Oh my God, do they put Truth Serum in the Maple Syrup up there or something? Whats wrong with you Canadiens?

If it was a much sought after comic, say Miracleman #15 that "accidentally ended up in your bag", would you be so truthful or would it magically find a place in your collection? Eh?

;)

This is a suddle hint ...
suddle?

Oh my God, do they put Truth Serum in the Maple Syrup up there or something? Whats wrong with you Canadiens?

If it was a much sought after comic, say Miracleman #15 that "accidentally ended up in your bag", would you be so truthful or would it magically find a place in your collection? Eh?

;)

It's got nothing to do with being Canadian. Remember that whole discussion on morality between ZP and I?
I just try to live the way God would want me to (seriously)

If it was a valuable comic that would be more difficult, but I'd still return it. My integrity is worth more to me than any comic book.

My version of suddle, yes.

It's got nothing to do with being Canadian. Remember that whole discussion on morality between ZP and I?
I just try to live the way God would want me to (seriously)

If it was a valuable comic that would be more difficult, but I'd still return it. My integrity is worth more to me than any comic book.

No, I never saw this discussion between you and Zombi. However, I was kidding. I agree with your moral viewpoints, but not because God wants you to...it should be because you want to do the right thing without some higher power giving you an "or else" scenario...thats the biggest problem with religion, and also one of its greatest failures (besides the whole only forming a relationship with God only through a Church, etc...God forbid a DIRECT relationship to the Almighty!!). My point is that the truly moral do the right thing because its the right thing, not because religion tells them to. There is a vast difference between the two, not only in intention, but in outcome.

But this is another discussion for that thread you and Zombi got rolling.

You can add another to the didn't hate it list. I didn't hate the preview for New Ultimates either, but I'm sure I'll be eating those words shortly.

well, he didn't specifically say, "Please bring it back."

I called him and let him know that he had given it to me by accident. I had made it VERY clear in the store that I didn't want it. So i told him i'd try to come and bring it back some time and he said, "no big deal, just bring it next time you're in."

I would have brought it back any way just b/c I feel like it's the right thing to do.

That makes sense. The first post made it sound kind of like he was demanding it.

This discussion is more interesting than the Ultimate Universe.

My version of suddle, yes.

suddle?

please tell me you know it's spelled subtle.
No, I never saw this discussion between you and Zombi. However, I was kidding. I agree with your moral viewpoints, but not because God wants you to...it should be because you want to do the right thing without some higher power giving you an "or else" scenario...thats the biggest problem with religion, and also one of its greatest failures (besides the whole only forming a relationship with God only through a Church, etc...God forbid a DIRECT relationship to the Almighty!!). My point is that the truly moral do the right thing because its the right thing, not because religion tells them to. There is a vast difference between the two, not only in intention, but in outcome.

But this is another discussion for that thread you and Zombi got rolling.
To clarify what I said earlier: It's got nothing to do with "religion telling me to" but understanding that morality originates with God.

And to reply to some of what you said: And a direct relationship with God is the only way to do it, not through a priest or a church, but you have to come to God on His terms, not just however you want.

And that's all I'll say on that. If we want to discuss this more, I'm always open to it. But let's find a more appropriate thread for it.

That makes sense. The first post made it sound kind of like he was demanding it.

yeah, i figured I should clarify.

To clarify what I said earlier: It's got nothing to do with "religion telling me to" but understanding that morality originates with God.

And to reply to some of what you said: And a direct relationship with God is the only way to do it, not through a priest or a church, but you have to come to God on His terms, not just however you want.

Man, I am so getting into it next time I'm around my apartment.

suddle?

please tell me you know it's spelled subtle.

Wow, yes. Thats what happens when I try to post while at work and aren't paying full attention to what I'm posting.

I agree, but who dictates what those terms are? Did God himself ever tell you how to live your life, or did the Bible, a parent, or your own conscience, etc?

And that's all I'll say on that. If we want to discuss this more, I'm always open to it. But let's find a more appropriate thread for it.

Agreed.

Looks quite okay, at least it is better than New Ultimates. And it's interesting for him to have Karen as Jean Grey. Maybe Loeb should just not write for Ultimates. leave this with Loeb and give some one else the Ultimates. To be honest we could do with a fresh face in the writing pool. But like i said, it's not that bad.

He's not changing characters around... He's still just changing their hair color. If the Ultimatum wave just set the trend for dying hair then what as the point?

Stupid.

And what's that 'we're called mall cops ever since that movie came out' line about? *****, they've been mall cops or 2.5's.

im interested to see where this goes, it looks promising. some of the artwork looks cool in its own little way

Liked issue two as well... This is actually shaping up to be the first thing of Loeb not to make me want to vomit since Hush, and the first thing of his I've legitimately liked in even longer. I am legitimately intrigued to see where they go from here.

Liked issue two as well... This is actually shaping up to be the first thing of Loeb not to make me want to vomit since Hush, and the first thing of his I've legitimately liked in even longer. I am legitimately intrigued to see where they go from here.

You're just 2 legit 2 quit, aren't you Doc?

I didn't hate issue two. If this remains solid for another issue, I may start picking it up. I just can't get over bone claws that can be encased in adamantium at will...what's that all about? It doesn't even make sense, really.

I didn't hate issue two. If this remains solid for another issue, I may start picking it up. I just can't get over bone claws that can be encased in adamantium at will...what's that all about? It doesn't even make sense, really.

Wolverine's the dad
Colossus is the mom.

Or Doc Ock...He can control the METTALLLL!!!

Last edited:

I still say he's actually ultimate mimic.

Latest posts

Back