Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

yeah, his uncanny stuff was... un...canny.... ugh.

and his thor stuff was exceptional too.

marvelman said:
ok with the guy in the mansion, i bet anything its either magician or banshee. it could go either way. here's why.

there is no furniture. what do MAGICIANS do? they make things disappear. but then what about the parents??

what is this character doing? he is calling throughout the house. what is banshee's power based around?? his voice. so what if he is accidentally using his sonic scream and his voice just knocks out his parents?? and what if that large empty room was a ball room? i think its banshee... 8)

I noticed a few people earlier assuming this was the guy's house and that he was another little rich kid, but I seem to remember him shouting 'Where am I?'. Then again, his parents were there too, and he seemed to think they would be. My point? I don't know, I think I lost it.

And it's not Banshee. I mean, what? Did he scream all the furniture away?

icemastertron said:
I'm telling ya, Mystery Guy= The Magician. I bet MWF's membership on it. :D

I agree.

UltimateE said:
Finally? He gets more action than almost anyone in the UU. :)

Quite true. Lilandra will just be another notch on his wheelchair.

Hyperstorm said:
While it isn't explained Sabretooth does have a giant red scar on his neck.

Good point, hadn't even noticed that. That in itself pretty much says a lot...obviously his head and body were grown back together somehow. I'm sure it'll be explained a bit next issue when Wolverine asks "Aren't you supposed to be missing a head?"

And Ice, nice job on the letter. I haven't seen that much ***-kissing since the last episode of the Tonight Show hosted by Johnny Carson (99% of it from Ed McMahon). But I completely agree with it all. You made a couple really great points with it, and I (and probably most other UXM readers) for one hope he will return to the title one day, or at least another Ultimate title. Still, I think his style is best suited for UXM.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Rogue and Bobby. How they're drawn. Like they should be. They're kids, young ones. About it being forced, I think it was fine. They were stuck alone, have history, Rogue's unknowingly being influenced by Gambit's former sex drive (not Gambit himself), and Bobby needs a girl by his side at all times. Mix it together and you're gonna get dirty talk from little kids.

Thank you! Jesus, someone agrees with me.

I'm not so sure about the Rogue/Gambit's sex drive thing, because if I couldn't touch people for a very long time, then could, I think I'd be pouncing on peoples as well.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Not sure about you Bass, but I intrepreted the whole 'Jean being b*tchy' thing as Phoenix foreshadowing. Think about it, if the inevitable Ultimate Phoenix plotline is going to be anything close to monumental to our fellow mutants, and likewise if it's going to follow 616, then Jean is gonna turn nasty evil-like. I figure Kirkman knows this and is simply setting it up.

Yes, I thought this was the case as the "Phoenix rising" plastered on the front, along with Lilandra showing up, kinda was a big, "The Phoenix is Coming!" foreshadowing.

However, I doubt this part is foreshadowing. You want to make Jean a terrifying wrath? Don't have her ***** to her boyfriend that he hasn't asked her to do anal. How about having her take over the entire cinema, completely freeze everyone and shut off their brains because she "wants time alone" (i.e. she's pissed off). To foreshadow the Phoenix you don't have her complain a bit. You have her use her powers in a disturbing fashion. Kirkman didn't do that, so I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the Phoenix, but just having her *****.

But I can't argue with a man who quotes Seven in his sig. :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
I liked the lilandra thing. Bass, I don't know if you're saying you wanted her to be an alien or what but if that's the case I have to disagree.

No no, not an alien. I'm saying that alien or no, she should still have the majesty and bearing she had in 616. See, in 616, Lilandra is the queen of an entire race of people, an Empress. A proper, hardcore, military leader, divine and fantastic, with an interstellar space-faring armada at her disposal, along with insanely powerful superhumans like Gladiator and uber-technology that dwarfs Earth's own advances.

In the Ultimate universe she seems to be a trust fund baby of a church - or something. It's not really all that clear or impressive.

While she may be something more, (it seems to me she's Hellfire Club II) she tells this to Xavier over dinner in a resteraunt.

All I'm saying is that Ultimate Lilandra should have the same quality of bearing, the same level of the fantastic on their first meeting, whether she's an alien or not. She should feel light years out of reach - alien or not, she should still feel like Lilandra.

I was trying to point out by Ultimizing Lilandra, they focused on keeping her "realistic" but they didn't make her "realisitic", they just trivialized her.

Bass said:
Yes, I thought this was the case as the "Phoenix rising" plastered on the front, along with Lilandra showing up, kinda was a big, "The Phoenix is Coming!" foreshadowing.

However, I doubt this part is foreshadowing. You want to make Jean a terrifying wrath? Don't have her ***** to her boyfriend that he hasn't asked her to do anal. How about having her take over the entire cinema, completely freeze everyone and shut off their brains because she "wants time alone" (i.e. she's pissed off). To foreshadow the Phoenix you don't have her complain a bit. You have her use her powers in a disturbing fashion. Kirkman didn't do that, so I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the Phoenix, but just having her *****.

But I can't argue with a man who quotes Seven in his sig. :D

I think a sudden change like that defeats the purpose though. The Phoenix is (most likely) slowly gaining control of Jean, hence the slow but noticeable change in behavior. It starts small, but gets much worse.

No no, not an alien. I'm saying that alien or no, she should still have the majesty and bearing she had in 616. See, in 616, Lilandra is the queen of an entire race of people, an Empress. A proper, hardcore, military leader, divine and fantastic, with an interstellar space-faring armada at her disposal, along with insanely powerful superhumans like Gladiator and uber-technology that dwarfs Earth's own advances.

In the Ultimate universe she seems to be a trust fund baby of a church - or something. It's not really all that clear or impressive.

While she may be something more, (it seems to me she's Hellfire Club II) she tells this to Xavier over dinner in a resteraunt.

All I'm saying is that Ultimate Lilandra should have the same quality of bearing, the same level of the fantastic on their first meeting, whether she's an alien or not. She should feel light years out of reach - alien or not, she should still feel like Lilandra.

I was trying to point out by Ultimizing Lilandra, they focused on keeping her "realistic" but they didn't make her "realisitic", they just trivialized her.

So you'd like to see a more Jackie Kennedy Onassis like approach to the character? I can understand that.

Actually Bass, she's not in the new group of Hellfire Club. At least not yet. In the Handbook, it lists the current members, and she's not one of them.

icemastertron said:
It's a brand new character by Kirkman.

a brand new, all original character in the Ultimate universe? :? AND joining the x-men? that's stupid.

X2727 said:

a brand new, all original character in the Ultimate universe? :? AND joining the x-men? that's stupid.
He's not the first new character. And who said he was joining the X-Men? I can't remember reading that.

icemastertron said:
who said he was joining the X-Men? I can't remember reading that.

I though ti read somewhere that he was joining. if hes not then the idea of an original characetr is less stupid then previously said.

Latest posts

Back