Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

Raney better than Immonen?!

Nurhachi, I hate you.

ProjectX2 said:
Raney better than Immonen?!

Nurhachi, I hate you.

Yeah, I'm not following that either. And I don't even care for Immonen.

I thought the issue was fun. I didn't like how Sabertooth just poped up. I love the scenes with Colossus and Nightcrawler. The debut of Lilarnda was freakion genius.

B+

Last edited:
Since the Shi'ar is some kind of cultish religious church now, does this mean that Gladiator will be a priest with a mohawk?

Hopefully he will not be a Superman.

His hair can stay, but his colors must go!

Now this is just immature... Get back to the issue, gentleman! ;) Before Ice comes in and freezes all of you to the ground... Or each other.

I got the issue in the mail today.

Not too bad.

I thought this issue was entirely necessary. Vaughan's run was great, let me first say that. There was never a dull moment for our merry band of mutants so, with Kirkman's first issue... We've got one. After Magnetic North, these characters need a break; while some do get one others seem far from it. In terms of how this goes, it's entirely entertaining and fun. It was a fun issue.

There were plenty of things to take the issue down, however.

The art, for one, wasn't something I particularly enjoyed. It wasn't Raney, it was the colorer. I believe it's his wife, correct? Yeah, that's no good. It needs to be more dimensional. This was the problem with Ultimate Spider-Man, too.

Also, Kirkman's writing is fine, but his pacing is terrible. The issue read sloppily because of poorly placed character moments. Like, we get panels of Jean and Scott at the movies in the middle of dinner with Charles and Lilandra... No good, either.

3.5/5

Goodwill said:
The art, for one, wasn't something I particularly enjoyed. It wasn't Raney, it was the colorer. I believe it's his wife, correct? Yeah, that's no good. It needs to be more dimensional. This was the problem with Ultimate Spider-Man, too.
The art wasn't great, but you know what, you're right. The coloring was DULL. I found it very pale.

Goodwill said:
I thought this issue was entirely necessary. Vaughan's run was great, let me first say that. There was never a dull moment for our merry band of mutants so, with Kirkman's first issue... We've got one. After Magnetic North, these characters need a break

Sorry, I can't give credit to a writer for making a book boring because it had been too exciting before he came aboard.

Not boring in the respect that I couldn't finish the issue, I was saying, anyway. I thought it could've been a good, entertaining concept if it wasn't so cut up.

Latest posts

Back