Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

X2727 said:
I though ti read somewhere that he was joining. if hes not then the idea of an original characetr is less stupid then previously said.

One word: Geldoff.

X2727 said:
I though ti read somewhere that he was joining. if hes not then the idea of an original characetr is less stupid then previously said.
Chances are no. Kirkman already said that he thinks that there are too many characters, then pointed out that he was only introducing two characters in his run. They seem to be Liliandra and the Magician.
Poj said:
One word: Geldoff.
And he said that 'the Magician' would be a thousand times cooler than Geldoff.

icemastertron said:
Actually Bass, she's not in the new group of Hellfire Club. At least not yet. In the Handbook, it lists the current members, and she's not one of them.

The Handbook was written with information before the issues release. Cmon Ice, you know better than that.

Bass, how do you know she'll be involved with the Phoenix? I know it was a major 616 thing. But if that's the case it will be an exact clone of the Hellfire club. That would be lame.

Is the chick who appeared to Xavier in UX4 Lilandra too?

I thought Kirkman was introducing the magician as a villain and bringing in an ultimization to join the team. Is the Ultimization Lilandra?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know but you shouldn't have even bothered bringing it up. The Handbook is totally irrelevant to the speculation. It doesn't list any new members of the HFC
I can bring it up to make a point if I choose to.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is the chick who appeared to Xavier in UX4 Lilandra too?

NOOOOO!!!

Jesus Christ Almighty. It was made evident that the hologram was a ploy by Rhona to get the X-Men out of the mansion so she could steal Cerebro. It had nothing to do with Lilandra. In fact, they look nothing alike really. Pay attention, and stop asking "newb" type questions. You almost sound like Lil Kis.

;)

DIrishB said:
NOOOOO!!!

Jesus Christ Almighty. It was made evident that the hologram was a ploy by Rhona to get the X-Men out of the mansion so she could steal Cerebro. It had nothing to do with Lilandra. In fact, they look nothing alike really. Pay attention, and stop asking "newb" type questions. You almost sound like Lil Kis.

;)
That hurt DIrishB. Really did. I read UX4 over break which isn't particularly an ideal time to remember things. I thought they named her. My bad. Glad they didn't.

I think lilandra still might be an alien... Maybe. And I think that Jean is on the way to getting dumped, cheated on, or cheating on Scott. I think that's what the date night thing is setting up. Also if the phoenix is rising, who says it has to be jean. What if it's Scott? The story is not written in stone. i don't know. The night crawler being uncomfortable in the closet and collosus thinking it's not that bad thing was hilarious. I didn't even get it the first time i read it because it's so subtle. And Sab comin' back shocked the hell out of me. I'm ready to see him get mopped again. Plus I like the Sab/Log controversy, and I was kinda disappointed he got killed off early in the series. Also Rogue comin' back losin' her powers and becoming a slut sounds good to me. Make Mine Marvel.

Synch said:
And I think that Jean is on the way to getting dumped, cheated on, or cheating on Scott. I think that's what the date night thing is setting up. Also if the phoenix is rising, who says it has to be jean. What if it's Scott? The story is not written in stone.
I think the whole point to Scott grabbing her and kissing her kind've made up for all her frustration. I think they'll be fine. And I don't think Scott's gonna be the new host. We've been seeing hints about it being Jean for way too long.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I bet the mansion was cleared out because whoever killed the parents took everything.
Possibly, but I think it may have been the kid, who I say is definetly the Magician, and somehow his powers disappeared the furniture and all that, and must've done something to his parents, irgo vego the kid from #42.

Again, I stake your membership on this. :D

icemastertron said:
Possibly, but I think it may have been the kid, who I say is definetly the Magician, and somehow his powers disappeared the furniture and all that, and must've done something to his parents, irgo vego the kid from #42.

Again, I stake your membership on this. :D

If this is the case, I'm really uninterested in the character. "his powers disappeared the furniture" (Yes, I repeated "disappeared". I thought it was funny) I think it sounds lame.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That hurt DIrishB. Really did. I read UX4 over break which isn't particularly an ideal time to remember things. I thought they named her. My bad. Glad they didn't.

Sorry, its just people claiming that was Lilandra and its all connected on other boards is driving me nuts, and is beginning to rank close to the Nick Fury/Betty "in love because they held hands right before they're apparent death" theory in annoyance factor...well ok, its not even close, but its still annoying.

Lilandra could still possibly be an alien, but I doubt it. Intergalactic characters are something that is more attuned to the UFF or Ultimates.

DIrishB said:
Sorry, its just people claiming that was Lilandra and its all connected on other boards is driving me nuts, and is beginning to rank close to the Nick Fury/Betty "in love because they held hands right before they're apparent death" theory in annoyance factor...well ok, its not even close, but its still annoying.
It's all right. I wasn't paying attention is all. I thought they named the apparition that appeared to Xavier. I thought she said, "My name is Lilandra". But they didn't so... that's that.

So Xavier's practicing his telekenetic ability and Lilandra is in a cult.

It's just a matter of time before Charles is jumping the couch for her.

Just read this issue today and i loved it. 5/5.

Raney is so much better then immonen, and kirkman is a great replacement for BKV. This guy knows how to do characterisations! Nightcrawler and Collossus was cool, Scott and Jean made me laugh, that was me with my first gf. Rogue and Iceman were great as well. And seeing Sabretooth back again was awesome

Latest posts

Back