Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Guijllons said:
Ok, moving the topic sideways a little.

Ultron, what's going on there? How and why is he going renegade? Is vision 2 in that lie-up, and if not, why not?

Cap is in a classic Cap America pose, if it is cap and not the Red Skull, or both are one and the same.

The giant robots, are they too Iron-man prototypes?

I refuse to wait until january for these answers. i want you to tell me now.
The Anwer?

The answer to everything, dude. The answer to everything.

Guijllons said:
you miss a digit?
Nope. That truly is the answer. The 'Chosen' answer.

Irgo vego, man. Or whatever the old dude said.

And I think it's Abomination is on the cover, too.

Last edited:
The answer to everything is 42, not 2. :lol:

Anyways, Cap is not Cap without his shield. "Cap" doesn't have a shield there. Plus, a Red Superteam fits this description: "An unknown enemy with unimaginable power and an unstoppable force of will is at our shores". From the solicit.

icemastertron said:
The Anwer?

The answer to everything, dude. The answer to everything.
I thought is was
4 8 15 16 23 42
?

Lynx said:
The answer to everything is 42, not 2. :lol:
That was for the OLD answer. This is the new one. The upgrade. And thanks for spoiling.

Lynx said:
Anyways, Cap is not Cap without his shield. "Cap" doesn't have a shield there. Plus, a Red Superteam fits this description: "An unknown enemy with unimaginable power and an unstoppable force of will is at our shores". From the solicit.
Um, ok. But Abomination is on that cover. Not Green Goblin. He won't fit in this story at all. Abomination will. How do I know? Just my opinion that GG has nothing to do here at all. And with some Russian people (the sickle and hammer- Russia's "logo"), he fits. It will be him.

icemastertron said:
That was for the OLD answer. This is the new one. The upgrade. And thanks for spoiling.

Um, ok. But Abomination is on that cover. Not Green Goblin. He won't fit in this story at all. Abomination will. How do I know? Just my opinion that GG has nothing to do here at all. And with some Russian people (the sickle and hammer- Russia's "logo"), he fits. It will be him.

I. . .um, agree with you. I've been saying Abomination the whole time. :neutral: I'm just countering Guij by saying that I think "Cap" isn't Cap. It's Red Skull.

icemastertron said:

More specifically it's communism's logo. If these guys are from Russia, then it's from a Russia that no longer exists.

If any character we know would subsribe to the communism ideals even after the fall of the USSR, it's Thor.

I'm betting it's the actual (currently short haried) Thor on that picture.

Lynx said:
I. . .um, agree with you. I've been saying Abomination the whole time. :neutral: I'm just countering Guij by saying that I think "Cap" isn't Cap. It's Red Skull.
Oh no! I wasnt disagreeing or anything. The "Um ok" was for the Cap part, cuz I just didnt get that at first while posting. Never meant to post in any way of disagreeing or anything. :D

Guijllons said:
More specifically it's communism's logo. If these guys are from Russia, then it's from a Russia that no longer exists.

Yeah, it'd definetly make more sense if the team were Chinese/North Korean. I don't actually think they will refer to those countries in the same way they doged naming Mid East countries.

Still, if Widow is involved, I would assume Russia is as well. . .

icemastertron said:
Oh no! I wasnt disagreeing or anything. The "Um ok" was for the Cap part, cuz I just didnt get that at first while posting. Never meant to post in any way of disagreeing or anything.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I have a list further up of who I think who's who on the cover, as does MWoF, Ult SW, and few others. I'm psyched, personally.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
I'm just countering Guij by saying that I think "Cap" isn't Cap. It's Red Skull.
But, the pose is a Captain America pose. That wasn't accidental. So, whatever that means, there is some connection between this Red Skull in the picture and Cap.

And Cap hasn't really been acting in Americas best interests of late has he? Not really a shield bearing poster boy. At least, that's what we've been led too believe.

If that is Cap, and he did have the shield then that would shift the whole focus , it would look like a picture of hard won triumph, perhaps.

Millar said that both spidey AND wolverine would be in GTA

What do you guys mean you can't introduce Abomnation out of no where? There has only been 2 issues of the 6 part story so far. THAT'S FOUR FREAKIN ISSUES TO INTRODUCE THEM. Just cause they're on the cover to 10 doesn't mean that's their first apperance. Think about it. The Ultimates have been around awhile. If I was Red Skull. I wouldn't go against them by myself. I would get help. Which is what it seemed he did. We stil have a lot of story left to introduce things. The traitor could have feed them info on their powers and weakness. You remember how Millar fooled everone with UFF, and how everybody loved it later but hated it before it came out. When as Ultimates ever been bad?

Yes Millar has said that both Spider-Man & Wolverine along others will appear in Grand Theft America.

thee great one said:
What do you guys mean you can't introduce Abomnation out of no where? There has only been 2 issues of the 6 part story so far. THAT'S FOUR FREAKIN ISSUES TO INTRODUCE THEM. Just cause they're on the cover to 10 doesn't mean that's their first apperance. Think about it. The Ultimates have been around awhile. If I was Red Skull. I wouldn't go against them by myself. I would get help. Which is what it seemed he did. We stil have a lot of story left to introduce things. The traitor could have feed them info on their powers and weakness. You remember how Millar fooled everone with UFF, and how everybody loved it later but hated it before it came out. When as Ultimates ever been bad?
4 issues to introduce them, after 8 issues of build up. We've had some foreshadowing from Ultron, so him I'm happy with, Red Skull just seems to make perfect sense. A team of baddies doesn't make sense. It would have to slow the whole story down again. This is the third act, you don't make introductions in the third act.
Yes Millar has said that both Spider-Man & Wolverine along others will appear in Grand Theft America.
did he arse.

Guijllons said:
4 issues to introduce them, after 8 issues of build up. We've had some foreshadowing from Ultron, so him I'm happy with, Red Skull just seems to make perfect sense. A team of baddies doesn't make sense. It would have to slow the whole story down again. This is the third act, you don't make introductions in the third act.

did he arse.

You can't really count the 5 issues as bulid up cause that's a complety different arc. By that logic you can count the whole first volume as build-up. It makes sense. The could all appear in issue 9. Get more background in 10 and 11. Fight in either 11 or 12. Loki's going to be a part of this. Remember he said these are assoicates of his.

thee great one said:

You can't really count the 5 issues as bulid up cause that's a complety different arc. By that logic you can count the whole first volume as build-up. It makes sense. The could all appear in issue 9. Get more background in 10 and 11. Fight in either 11 or 12. Loki's going to be a part of this. Remember he said these are assoicates of his.
Nah, the files being released as to the identity of the Hulk was introduced in U2 #1. That makes all of the issues in U2 part of the same story. And even if we do consider this second arc to be totally self contained, we're still in the third act. Cap has been taken down, it's the worst day ever for the Ultimates, the curtain drops, issue 9, the curtain raises and it all goes boom.

UltimateScarletWitch said:
Is Anyone else thinking Ultimate Masters of Evil (of course Millar will be smart enough not to call them that in the UU)? Look, Theres Red Skull, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Loki (in Thor's armor, since no one knows where Thor's armor is), and I'm willing to bet the Rita DeMara Yellow Jacket, and I don't think that is Natasha Balck Widow, I think It's Yelena Black Widow. I'm willing to bet theres a Boomerang, a Wizzer and an Enchantress in there was well. Think about it, it's the counter-Ultimates!

Captain America -> Red Skull
Thor -> Loki
Iron Man -> Crimson Dynamo
Wasp -> Yellow Jacket
Hulk -> Abomination
Black Widow -> Yelena Bolova
Hawkeye -> Boomerang
Quick Silver -> Wizzer
Scarlet Witch -> Enchantress (no longer an asgaurdin goddess)

That very well could be. I'm kinda with Guij and MWoF in that there's a part of me which hopes its not the anti-Ultimates...its just been done too many times before. However, I have faith Millar could pull it off quite nicely. And as it stands now, its all speculation anyway, so no use getting our collective panties in a twist over it until we learn more.

And to slowly get rid of the Ultimates was their sure victory over the Triskelion. I'm willing to bet that the gun on the cover of Ultimates #9 belongs to Yelena and wanted to ruin Tony and Natasha's wedding. Look, Tony's armor doesn't glow red, the energy parts glow blue. And the hammer looks different becasue only Thor can lift Mjonlir, and the other weapon might be Gungnir (Odin's weapon).

Good points.

I know there are thirteen people standing there, so like one could Be Ultron, Baron Zemo, Atlas (un-morphed? to counter-giant man?) and may be Jarvis? Some sort of hypnosis like when Jarveis was hypnotized in the old universe when Ultron re-formed the MoE.

I hope Jarvis has nothing to do with it. What role outside of supplying information/being a traitor could he serve on an evil Super-team?

Thoughts? (Back me up Irish-boy ;) )

I did...a little.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Now as for Iron-Man and Hawkeye duplicates. There are none.

Not true, as has been said Boomerang is sort of an evil analogue for Hawkeye and there are several for Iron Man, from Iron Monger, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo (which makes the most sense if this is truly a Russian based team).

Speaking of the Russian influence, wasn't the General who argued with Fury in the Ultimates Annual of Russian descent? Wasn't his name Volgovko or something like that?

Lynx said:
AFTERMATH OF THE ULTIMATES 2 #10 COVER: LYNX'S COMPLETE THEORY!

I've been mulling it over for a little while and hee's what I've come up with.

Natasha Romanov is the Traitor. She was easily able to leak Banner's identity. She is a Super Spy after all. She seemed extremely pleased to take out Thor during that fight. She appealed to Pym, telling him he'd feel better if he betrayed the team. And he does. He becomes Yellowjacket and takes Ultron with him. This fits with the feminine dialogue the Traitor uses in Pym's apartment. Widow would have no qualms about murdering Hawkeye's family. I believe she kidnapped Hawkeye to use on the Red Ultimates. She also framed Cap (Loki maybe?), knocking him out of the time. Only major hitter left would by Tony. Tony figures out that Widow is the Traitor (She gave the Iron tech to Crimson Dynamo) either before or right after the wedding, and Widow attempts to kill him (Living up to her name. Black Widow) Tony survives (Healing Factor! Just kidding. ) and breaks out Cap and Thor.

Cap = Red Skull
Hulk = Abomination
Iron Man = Crimson Dynamo
Thor = Perun or Loki
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch = Fantasia or Enchantress
Quicksilver = Millar's Speedster
Wasp = Pym as Yellowjacket
Ultron

Also, Vision II will develop a consiouss and join the Ultimates. Yellowjacket and Hawkeye I'm sure will abondon their positions and join the Ultimates.

The only thing I don't get is the Iron Giants and the dozens of Supersuits flying over the Triskellion. Feels very "If America Lost WWII".

I like a lot of that theory. Some isn't great, but overall it seems to make the most sense given what we know.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is why Hank Pym is not a Tony Stark level genius. Pym is flawed and can easily been had by the traitor. It makes perfect sense. The traitor gets a hold of Ultron and reprograms it. Then it is fitted with Rocket-Men designs. That's the thing glowing not Crimson Dynamo, who was in ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE already.

That wasn't Ultimate Crimson Dynamo.

Lynx said:
And Dynamo was NOT in Nightmare. That was Titanium Man.

Jesus Christ it wasn't Titanium Man either. Are you people missing the fact he wasn't wearing some type of armor? Thats kind of a given for Dynamo or Titanium Man, Ultimate versions or not.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It was more Dynamo looking to me. And why would it "make sense" for Dynamo to be Tony's parody.

Because he was the Russian version of Iron Man basically.

Lynx said:
Was the guy in Nightmare red? Crimson of any kind? No. He was Titanium Man.

No it wasn't, you're both wrong.

Guijllons said:

Very good point. Perhaps it is the Chinese version then.

SeAcow said:
Millar said that both spidey AND wolverine would be in GTA

Really? I hadn't heard that.

Latest posts

Back