Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Re: Ultimates V2 #10

Ultimate Bizarro said:
Well that ain't Thor's Hammer, unless whoever took it atfer he was incarcerated modified it. Also those "ears" on the hulk silouhette look similar to abomination's ears in 616. Wasn't Emil Blonsky a Russian spy? Just a few ideas that popped into my head once I saw the cover, also very cool.
didn't anyone see the art hitch did for the hulk game that just came out.
the guy on the cover who looks like the hulk is abomination

Dude, the cover SCREAMS: "THIS IS NOT THE HULK BECAUSE OF THESE EARS!"

And no reason really, why the hell hulk should show up.

nigma said:
K'Oed, not part of the group, hit the can, flew over the hill with this panties on his head. need more info?

Yes.

SeAcoW said:
Dude, the cover SCREAMS: "THIS IS NOT THE HULK BECAUSE OF THESE EARS!"

Maybe Bruce tried to cure himself of the Hulk by injecting a Vulcan serum into his bloodstream, which only resulted in elf-ears. Poor Banner.

fantomex said:
didn't anyone see the art hitch did for the hulk game that just came out.
the guy on the cover who looks like the hulk is abomination

I said this before.

hmmm...communism? Russia?

well the towering robots from USSR's version of "War of the Worlds" are STRAZHIs (or Sentinels)...

The huge group of flying people/soldiers across the top could be "Steel Guardians" or just "Guardians"? I read somewhere about the "Winter Guard" (possibly?) outfitting it's basic soldiers (like Shield does) with powered suits...

Well Abomination would fit the big Gremlin guy...or maybe it is GREMLIN?

The Thor wanna-be would be PERUN

Crimson Dynamo sounds way better than Titanium man for the Iron Man copy...or IRON MAIDEN? (name was eluded too early in Volume 2)

RED SKULL or RED GUARDIAN takes Cap's spot (Red Skull could be the Fury counter part) and Guardian doesnt really need a shield

BLACK WIDOW, FANTASMA, Darkstar, Vostok, Ursa Major and many others could round out the group

Then again a few of us thought that the cover to the annual featured Mandroids not "Rocketmans"...so Millar could call this group whatever he wants and make it composed of whoever they want. I believe we've seen the last of anything major from Loki as the first arc featured him. He sure wont be waving around a sickle and hammer....

oh...a really cool "ultimization" of DRAGUNOV could be Hawkeye's soviet annoyance

Zandar said:
RED SKULL or RED GUARDIAN takes Cap's spot (Red Skull could be the Fury counter part) and Guardian doesnt really need a shield

Well Abomination would fit the big Gremlin guy...or maybe it is GREMLIN?

I doubt it'll be Red Guardian again. Cap already took him in down in Ultimate Nightmare. Having him appear again would be redundent. Gremlin would have to be given a massive ultimization for that hulking figure to be him. Gremlin was a midget in 616.

But, WELCOME!

Last edited:

Man.. those guys flying overhead look like the EU supersoldiers. I had hate it if it were them as the Ultimates will stand no chance at all with them being so weakened.:shock:

As someone mentioned they needed the whole team to take down the Hulk. Then they needed their EU allies to take down Thor. How they are going to take down the Abomination and the fake "Thor" ( assuming it were them) is beyond me... and with the inclusion of the flying soldiers the Ultimates is really doomed.

I wonder if the other super characters in the Ultimateverse will take sides in this conflict. Since the Triskelion is on US soil this is a direct act of war and it will be huge. Perhaps repurcussions in the other series? I think the UFF will be involved and the X-Men will take a neutral stance. Since the Triskelion is in New York I think Spidey may swing by. Anyway I am very very excited... can't wait for January to come man!!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
Has anyone here ever seen the movie Multiplicity?

Steeeeeeve! I like pizza, Steve.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If we're dealing with a non-original Hulk and Thor than we don't need leagues of heroes to take 'em out because they aren't as powerful as their conterparts.

Exactly, but I think Abomination, Red Skull and definetly Ultron will give the team problems. The others, though, are just cheap rip-offs.

Lynx said:
Exactly, but I think Abomination, Red Skull and definetly Ultron will give the team problems. The others, though, are just cheap rip-offs.
Which is why I don't want this stupid evil twin thing happening. How are they gonna pull this off honestly? Something isn't right here Millar's gone through his entire run without any of this kind of good guy vs. bad guy cliche and he's just gonna dump it on us at the end. Something isn't right...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Which is why I don't want this stupid evil twin thing happening. How are they gonna pull this off honestly? Something isn't right here Millar's gone through his entire run without any of this kind of good guy vs. bad guy cliche and he's just gonna dump it on us at the end. Something isn't right...

Well, seeing that the team is down to only five members (With one of them ousted as the Traitor next issue), then it could easily be pulled off.

It's only at the end when Cap, Thor, and possibly Pym and Banner come back will the odds tip in the "good guys" favor.

It's going to happen. The structure of the arcs have been exactly the same as Ultimates 1. U1 - Fight teamate Hulk; U2 - Fight teamate Thor. U1 #6 -Pym issue; U2 #6 - Pym issue. U1 #7 - Teamate taken out Hank Pym; u2 #7 - Teamate taken out Hawkeye. The Nazi Chitauri took over SHIELD at the end of the Ultiamtes 1. Now, a foreign (Possibly Communist) team takes out SHIELD. Ultimate 1 had the return of everyone via Thor to take on the threat. Ultimates 2'll have Cap and Thor rounding up the remainder of the team to take out the threat.

Lynx said:
Ultimates 2'll have Cap and Thor rounding up the remainder of the team to take out the threat.

That part of about Thor and Cap teaming up during these events is quite insightful. Yeah, given their previous interactions, this could be fun and given the narrative threads woven by Millar this is something that I judge to be very likely.

---

I'm still of the opinion we don't have a slew of new characters introduced. When the Chitauri invaded, we had tons on nameless goon and only one officer (Kaiser?) that was a new character in his own right.

We'll have something new to chew on, for sure, but it will not be a laundry list as big as my mouth* of obscure characters pulled from the pages of Avenger that only a continuity buff would recognize (Seriously, only the Abomination rings a bell of all that have been mentioned, and that's because I read a preview with him in it in an Ultimate book...). That would be ludicrous.

*My mouth is pretty damn big and so is some of you guys list.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
That part of about Thor and Cap teaming up during these events is quite insightful. Yeah, given their previous interactions, this could be fun and given the narrative threads woven by Millar this is something that I judge to be very likely.

---

I'm still of the opinion we don't have a slew of new characters introduced. When the Chitauri invaded, we had tons on nameless goon and only one officer (Kaiser?) that was a new character in his own right.

We'll have something new to chew on, for sure, but it will not be a laundry list as big as my mouth* of obscure characters pulled from the pages of Avenger that only a continuity buff would recognize (Seriously, only the Abomination rings a bell of all that have been mentioned, and that's because I read a preview with him in it in an Ultimate book...). That would be ludicrous.

*My mouth is pretty damn big and so is some of you guys list.

It's funny because Abomination is one of the ones we're not 100% sure about (I'd say 99% sure. :wink:). The ones we do know are Ultron (Who's shown up already) and Red Skull (Cap's archnemesis and anti-thesis in 616) since Millar confirmed both of them would be villians in this current arc. The other ones though, are completely up in the air as far asm I'm concerned (Although I REALLY want to see Crimson Dynamo. I love Iron Man.)

Bass said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

What the HELL happens in #9?!?!

What takes us to a point where #10's cover makes sense?!

I'm really very excited.

**** - I'm going to look like I have parkinsons when I pick up Ultimates #9 now.

Crap crap crap - and Widow may be the traitor (if there is one at all - in a way, the whole team appears to be the traitor if you get my meaning).

I also find the speculations Lynx gave on who these silhouettes are to be... promising to say the least.

But for those of you detracting this cover - FOR SHAME. Ultimates has been solid for each issue to date, and all of a sudden everyone's exclaiming it's "too predictable" or "too rushed" or "too samey" or "too... whatever". The series has yet to disappoint, and here we're given a cover OUT OF CONTEXT and you assume the worst.

Well - consider this - if the super villain team is PRECISE copies of the Ultimates - the super soldier serum, the Hulk serum, the Ultron files, the giant man formula (and by extension, Wasp), Thor's hammer, Black Widow's fight enhancements, and Stark's iron man armour - it makes PERFECT sense since we've had - since #2, it mentioned about people and governments desperately trying to recreate the Ultimates since they are the dominant power on the planet. The annual takes this further showing us Fury's role in the superhuman arms race. It makes perfect sense that the arms race is the Ultimates versus their exact counterparts since that's where the technology would lead them. ESPECIALLY if they've been rushed into fighting the war because they're afraid of Fury's progress. Not only has there been continuous allusions to superheroes as weapons throughout the two volumes, but there has been hint after hint that people not only want to take control of the Ultimates - but REPEAT them. This is the perfect aesthetic climax to them. Far more appropriate than alien nazis. And while superheroes versus the exact opposites is a cliche - I've never, ever, been so excited to see it. I've had my fair share of Heroes versus Hero-Villains - but I've never seen a single image that has meant so much and revitalised the concept so well as this single pin-up to #10 of the dark mirror, where the world is turned upside down and there seems to be no hope at all...

I'm so ****ing excited.
I agree with Bass. Millar will pull this off. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a single issue of the Ultimates. Honestly. I can't see why Millar would take everything that he's built so far and make his grand finale crap. It just doesn't make any sense. I think he and Hitch know that this HAS to be a story to remember. And it will be.:D
Entropy said:
What I'm talking about is the smoky patch in the very foreground. It meshs but doesn't seem to fit overall. I think there's supposed to be SOMETHING there they don't want us to see. Thats my only real thought here
Maybe a dead character?...
Moster Man said:
As someone mentioned they needed the whole team to take down the Hulk. Then they needed their EU allies to take down Thor. How they are going to take down the Abomination and the fake "Thor" ( assuming it were them) is beyond me... and with the inclusion of the flying soldiers the Ultimates is really doomed.
Millar said this arc will be "obscenely violent"....(Welcome, by the way!)

Here's my list of "Cool Theories That Everyone Will Hate":

1.) The whole "Cap isn't really Cap" idea from U2 #8 is totally true. He becomes the Red Skull and the real Cap has to be found and brought back to save the day.

2.) Thor is the traitor (because I get this weird vibe that the Thor copy on this cover really isn't a copy). I'm too stupid to think up a good explaination for this, but I bet Millar could.

3.) Natasha is NOT, NOT, NOT the Traitor! Its waaaaay too obvious. "Oh my god! The Russian, former Communist spy with the somewhat devious personality is a traitor! How unexpected!" And its never seemed to me that she's been a very well-liked character. Nobody would really care if she turned out to be evil.

THAT IS ALL.

Red Skull (Cap's archnemesis and anti-thesis in 616)

Oh yeah, Red Skull was a super nazi right? But we've already done nazi AND old time war enemy of cap in the first arc. You think we gonna do it again?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back