Ultimates 2 #11 <spoilers>

Goodwill said:
The armor Tony is putting on is most likely the suit he will wear during Ultimates 3.

You mean #6?

Quick OT question: Are mail order folks supposed to get their issues before or after the stores? I just signed up last month, but haven't got my copy yet.

Mail order direct from Marvel or from a service?

I've heard it take Marvel a few MONTHS to process a subscription in the first place, so who knows when you'll get your issue. Quite often direct subscribers get their books a day or so ahead of the direct market release - that's usually where the day- or night-before spoilers you read on the internet come from. But it's far more common for subscriptions to be a day or a couple of days later, especially if you're not near the mail distribution center they are mailed from.

zombieflanders said:
Quick OT question: Are mail order folks supposed to get their issues before or after the stores? I just signed up last month, but haven't got my copy yet.

I got mine the day after

USually, I tend to get it the day before, but it took a few months to start

I order straight from Marvel and usually get it the Monday after. BUt sometime I've gotten the New Avengers the day before.

Good converastion but belongs in a thread of it's own. I don't care where or when you get you're comics from. There's enough going on with this series to merit some sort've relevant discussion.

.... loki's demise.... Jan's relationship with Pym, Banner's return... anything....

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good converastion but belongs in a thread of it's own. I don't care where or when you get you're comics from. There's enough going on with this series to merit some sort've relevant discussion.

.... loki's demise.... Jan's relationship with Pym, Banner's return... anything....

Yessir, you're right.

About Loki... Yeah, he's gonna get pissed. Loki loves chaos, but only when things are going his way. But, do you really think Odin's going to show up? I don't figure Millar will go that far. I figure, at best, we'll see Odin and Thor chatting it up in issue 13.

About Pym... I don't see him turning out to be a genuine good guy, like using the Ultrons to fight against the Liberators or anything. However, I could see him flipping sides again as soon as the tables are turned and things are looking good for the Ultimates. I'd almost bet money that there's going to be a scene where Banner and Pym confront each other, and Banner ends up letting him go after Pym plays to his conscience.

I'm curious about Banner's control of Hulk. Bruce Banner has full control of the Hulk personality, but how much does that really change things? The decision to go on a rampage through New York City was Bruce's idea, not Hulk's. Just because Banner's in control of Hulk doesn't mean that his personal system of morality isn't still bonkers freaky-deaky. Hell, if he's in control of Hulk, that could make his personality even more dangerous. Banner's proven himself to be socially immature. This could open a whole new can of worms.

Cap is going to rock the Colonel's face. And wouldn't it be funny if, towards the end of the battle, the Colonel's body finally rejected the super soldier serum?

and I don't buy that the Hulk was the contingency plan of the International Captains. I think if Millar was going to throw in a comment where they're all like "There's one more thing we can do", then the payoff isn't going to be worth it unless it's obvious that it was them as soon as it hits the page.

Finally, I feel like, in a situation like this, Hawkeye's going to feel left out. He's proven himself to be a wicked sick badass when it comes to taking down armies of infantry, but these are A-listers he's going up against now. I see him as more of a crowd control guy.... But I guess that means he can take down every single no-name soldier in the assault force while the rest of the team takes down the Liberators.

Last edited:
i read that they were going to move the iron man suit more towards a sleek and body-fitting model

well, by the size of the #6 pod on that station, iron man 6 is probably not a small, sleek, cool model of the suit

i'm hoping for a huge, giant, scary version of the suit, for god-crushing purposes

khanjackalmoreau said:
i read that they were going to move the iron man suit more towards a sleek and body-fitting model

well, by the size of the #6 pod on that station, iron man 6 is probably not a small, sleek, cool model of the suit

i'm hoping for a huge, giant, scary version of the suit, for god-crushing purposes
:lol:

I don't want to see it but it looks like that's where we're headin'.

Still no thought on the "W"?

Here's a thought,

I tradewait for everything except the Ultimates so my theory might be a little outdated, but in the Magnetic North arc (in UXM) doesn't Fury say that the Ultimates are on the outs with SHEILD? And doesn't he also get pissed when Spidey punches him in the face and kick him out as well?

The can do one of three things with this, they could finish fighting and Spidy and the X-Men can redeem themselves OR they can finish figthing and every one can turn on each other UXM and Spiderman vs. UFF and the Ultimates
9that would be ridiculusly awsome) or they could just ignore that fact all together and get on with life...

All in all the perfect ending would be all the heroes losing and Doom, Magneto, Doc Ock and whoever else all showing up and saying something along the lines of "Don't f**k with America"

Also, I'm hoping for a Captain Marvel appearance.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Rolls eyes - thank you, Mr. Thread Director...

I'd bet we never actually SEE Odin, just absolute evidence of his existence. Better to keep the great and terrible elder god hidden - keeps up a layer of mystery between the ultra-real Ultimates and whatever is beyond.

I dunno how many pages #12 will be (they've been running 27-29 story pages), but we need to see Thor smack down Perun AND Loki (though I bet the scene between Loki and Thor is more in the nature of a discussion than a true physical fight). Who knows, maybe the confrontation between Thor and Loki will be in #13, the aftermath issue - as soon as Loki sees the tide turn against the Liberators, he'll be out of there, since he has no loyalty to their "cause" at all. Thor is also due a thorough round of "I'm sorry" from the rest of his team and Fury...

edit: cripes, I can't type or spell today....

Last edited:
UltimateJedi said:
Here's a thought,

I tradewait for everything except the Ultimates so my theory might be a little outdated, but in the Magnetic North arc (in UXM) doesn't Fury say that the Ultimates are on the outs with SHEILD? And doesn't he also get pissed when Spidey punches him in the face and kick him out as well?

The can do one of three things with this, they could finish fighting and Spidy and the X-Men can redeem themselves OR they can finish figthing and every one can turn on each other UXM and Spiderman vs. UFF and the Ultimates
9that would be ridiculusly awsome) or they could just ignore that fact all together and get on with life...

All in all the perfect ending would be all the heroes losing and Doom, Magneto, Doc Ock and whoever else all showing up and saying something along the lines of "Don't f**k with America"

Also, I'm hoping for a Captain Marvel appearance.

Wha-?

:?

Doom? He's not american.

Magneto attacked the president....

Goblin and Ock hate the government.

And why would the heros fight each other?

DIrishB said:
Seriously though, is he high?

;)

Not sure....He may also have been hit with a champagne bottle....

Not sure but I think he thinks that Spiderman is part of the Ultimates...
And doesn't he also get pissed when Spidey punches him in the face and kick him out as well?

And I'm not sure why we would see all the villains who have constantly either shown hatred for America/the American government, either by rampages, or, i dunno, trying to kill the President. turn up and save the say....although it could prove kinda funny if Osborn/Ock/Mags etc show up, put down the Liberators, saying that "they are our heros to batter...eff off back to your own countries.." then kick the crap into everyone else.....comedy end to a heavy arc......

(joke)

so here are my thoughts on what is going to happen:

Cap vs. Col - Cap first is losing to Col, then is winning against Col, then the Col rejects the serum and dies.

Hulk vs. Abomination - Hulk eats Abomination, but with a nice chianti. he's refined, after all. Then Hulk disappears again.

Iron Man vs. Crimson Dynamo - Iron Man just takes all the robots apart. It will seem like the easiest fight.

Hawkeye vs. tons of Infantry dudes - Hawkeye kills TONS OF INFANTRY DUDES

Hawkeye + Pietro vs. Hurricane - Pietro holds Hurricane for a second, Hawkeye puts one between the eyes

Wasp vs. Swarm - I don't really care!

Pym - Sicks Ultrons on Liberators. Then is like "i'm good now!" Then Cap kicks him in the face.

Fury - Shoots Pym after quoting the Bible.

iceman said:
Pym - Sicks Ultrons on Liberators. Then is like "i'm good now!" Then Cap kicks him in the face.
Someone on this board at some point put forth the idea that Pym will try to redeem himself by employing the Ultrons against the Liberators. Then after the fight is over he thinks he's one of the good guys, but Cap disagrees and *****slaps him. This is too much for Pym's fragile psyche and he ends up committing suicide, effectively "setting free" the Ultrons, who disappear and will come back as villains at some later date. I really liked that idea and would love it to happen that way.

Latest posts

Back