Ultimates 2 #11 <spoilers>

vintsukka said:
Someone on this board at some point put forth the idea that Pym will try to redeem himself by employing the Ultrons against the Liberators. Then after the fight is over he thinks he's one of the good guys, but Cap disagrees and *****slaps him. This is too much for Pym's fragile psyche and he ends up committing suicide, effectively "setting free" the Ultrons, who disappear and will come back as villains at some later date. I really liked that idea and would love it to happen that way.
Thats a awsome idea, but i would like to see maybe 1 or 2 run off, and the rest are pretty much destoryed on the spot, or short circuited by thor and the liberators 'thor'

iceman said:
Fury - Shoots Pym after quoting the Bible.

:lol:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

E said:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

:rockon:

Except knowing Fury's haughty nature, it'll end with "....and you will know my name is Fury when I lay my vengance upon thee in the name of National Security."

Victor Von Doom said:
:rockon:

Except knowing Fury's haughty nature, it'll end with "....and you will know my name is Fury when I lay my vengance upon thee in the name of National Security."

And since he's Samuel Jackson....

Add a Mother ****er at the end.

E said:

I must know where you got that. I'm pretty sure the bible, but if you've got something more specific than that I'd appreciate it.

MaxwellSmart said:
I must know where you got that. I'm pretty sure the bible, but if you've got something more specific than that I'd appreciate it.
It's from Pulp Fiction. It's said to be a Bible quote (Ezekiel 25:17) in the movie but it's really not.

Oh, and check out the song Tyranny and Vengeance by a band called The Slacker Conspiracy.

I'm SO on topic right now.

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
It's from Pulp Fiction. It's said to be a Bible quote (Ezekiel 25:17) in the movie but it's really not.

Oh, and check out the song Tyranny and Vengeance by a band called The Slacker Conspiracy.

I remember that scene. It's right before he kills those kids. After that scene, all I could think was how f***ed up it was how he just let them piss themselves wondering if he was going to kill them when he knew he was going to kill them regardless of what they said or did. Only Sam could do that scene justice.

vintsukka said:

Right. It's not the verse exactly but that is what it's supposed to be.

Let's bring this back on topic now...

Okay, I just thought of something that would be pretty cool. What if Thor pretty much said the Ezekiel 25:17 thing while kicking ***. That would be cool.

Side question and then I promise to get on topic, how does "And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee" sound for a tattoo. It sounds a little blasphemous to me, but also really cool.

Last edited:
and to gently bait the administrator, I'm also a new subscription-ee and now realise I'm going to have to wait months for number 11 :( :cry:

DIrishB said:
Seriously though, is he high?

;)

I guess I wasn't as clear as I hoped.

My point was that the UXM and Spiderman are both on poor terms with SHEILD, that much we agree on, am I right? (And by poor terms I mean read Magnetic North in UXM and Hobgoblin in USM.

Wouldn't make sense then that SHEILD (specifically the Ultimates) and any other government funded agencies (like the UFF) would tern on them? Are they not technically enemies of the state, or am I still high?

Also as far as the villians go, each of them wants to rule the word in their own way, don't they. The don't target the "good guys" they target the authority figures (except maybe Doc Ock). The Liberators are the new Authority figures, for the time being at least. Why wouldn't they attack them?

I hop I didn't sound "high" this time around.

Last edited:
UltimateJedi said:
I guess I wasn't as clear as I hoped.

My point was that the UXM and Spiderman are both on poor terms with SHEILD, that much we agree on, am I right? (And by poor terms I mean read Magnetic North in UXM and Hobgoblin in USM.

Sort of. Fury's kept tabs on Spider-Man all along. He knows his identity. Any time he wants to nab Parker, he can, with no real difficulty.

He also knows where Xavier's school is. But he's not on particularly bad terms with the X-Men. He still hires Wolverine out to do his dirty work. It's just that the X-Men and the Ultimates have a habit of butting heads.

He's really not actively hunting either Spider-Man or the X-Men down. If he wanted them, he could probably get them.

Wouldn't make sense then that SHEILD (specifically the Ultimates) and any other government funded agencies (like the UFF) would tern on them? Are they not technically enemies of the state, or am I still high?

Technically, yeah. But there's really not a reason for Fury to turn on them now.

Also as far as the villians go, each of them wants to rule the word in their own way, don't they. The don't target the "good guys" they target the authority figures (except maybe Doc Ock). The Liberators are the new Authority figures, for the time being at least. Why wouldn't they attack them?

Why would they attack the Liberators just so the Ultimates could re-establish their control? All that would mean is, they'd need to fight the Liberators, THEN fight the Ultimates, instead of waiting for the smoke to clear and just take out one. And why would Spider-Man's villains, who are essentially super-powered thugs, Magneto, who's a political activist, and Doom, who's a dictator, work together? And on top of that, why would Millar throw a bunch of villains who've had nothing to do with the plot of Ultimates into the grand finale? The same's true for Mar-Vell. Why suddenly introduce a character at the eleventh hour? And why in the hell would he have them trump the heroes of the story? And why would they say something like "Don't **** with America"?

I hop I didn't sound "high" this time around.

Running a spell check would really help you out there.

And FYI, I'm high as a kite right now.

Last edited:
I just want an explanation of where Marh-Vell, Danvers, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Hawk-Owl, Woody, Dr. Strange... etc...

I mean cmon' it's real cool to bring in the X-Men and Spider-Man at the end of all this but what about everyone else right now?

BTW, did everyone else catch that "cut and run" comment Ultimate Bush made? I thought it was a little too blatant for my taste.

MaxwellSmart said:
BTW, did everyone else catch that "cut and run" comment Ultimate Bush made? I thought it was a little too blatant for my taste.
I REALLY wish he'd just make up political figures rather than using "real" ones. I like having quasi-realistic politics in comics (Iraq, weapons of mass destructions) but I think it's tacky to use real figures, plus it dates the heck out of a comic. I don't care about the celebrity references (although I admit I don't know who some of them are - I had to look up Shannon whoever), but I'd rather see something more... creative used for the political (or religious) figures.

Rhyo said:
I REALLY wish he'd just make up political figures rather than using "real" ones. I like having quasi-realistic politics in comics (Iraq, weapons of mass destructions) but I think it's tacky to use real figures, plus it dates the heck out of a comic. I don't care about the celebrity references (although I admit I don't know who some of them are - I had to look up Shannon whoever), but I'd rather see something more... creative used for the political (or religious) figures.

I don't know. Normally....I'm on the side of fake politicians and celebrities. But with this comic, I like it. It just makes it that much more engrossing.

Instead of just sitting there reading a comic....with the real persons involved it makes the comic that much more engulfing and easier to get lost into it.

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't know. Normally....I'm on the side of fake politicians and celebrities. But with this comic, I like it. It just makes it that much more engrossing.

Instead of just sitting there reading a comic....with the real persons involved it makes the comic that much more engulfing and easier to get lost into it.

I agree. It works with Civil War, too.

Although other Ultimate series have used Bush and other real-life people, I don't remember them being as engrossing (or well-written) as in Ultimates 1 and 2. I personally think the comment in #11 makes Bush more human/likable, since the first thing he worries about is if his wife is all right. I may not like Bush but if I was in that situation (heh... like that could ever happen. ... Right?) that's what I'd be immediately concerned about too... y'know, as long as I wasn't dead.

Do you think Ultimate She-Hulk will show?, I mean isn't she going to be intro. In Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk?

As for MWoF's question, Millar did say not everyone hero that shows up, on the cover. Are the only characters that are going to be in the issue. He did say the Defenders will show... Of course I don't know why? They don't have powers. But I'm sure will catch a glimpse of some other heroes. Maybe will see DD hit someone over the head with his Billy club.

Latest posts

Back