Ultimates 2 #3 discussion (spoilers)

I'm good with everything except this backpack idea. I strained my eyes looking at that back pack trying to read "H.PYM" but I just can't see it.

And besides how could the backpack have survived being nuked?

A real tip is Hank checking his watch just before leaving the execution ship, I think he had it timed to the minute. Also what if Banner was aware of everything going on around him and only appeared to be knocked out due to the drug Hank gave him?

That would explain him being stressed enough to go in to Hulk mode immeadiatly after regaining conciesness.

I don't think Hank was sure it was going to work, nor had he planned it with Banner in advance. If my theory about the knock out drug is correct that would also explain Banner's knowledge of Hank saving him.

That's what I was wondering, too, but something had to have survived if the Hulk did... I didn't think the Hulk could swim...

Goodwill said:
Yeah, did I read correctly... Was something of Ultron... Papers or something... Stolen?

I believe SHIELD wants Hank to turn over his Ultron work before leaving the Ultimates. Hank's attitude is "not bloody likely".

I wonder if Hank bears any resentment toward Captain America? He thought Cap was great when he first appeared, but wasn't the way Cap and Wasp carried on in front the media after the Hulk the source of Hank's feelings that caused him to lose control with Jan.

Then getting beat up by Cap, when he was low, realising what he did was wrong and already punishing himself. But that wasn't good enough for Cap. With Cap's "beat people up then figure it out later attitude" I think it's only a matter of time before he gets his. Hank would be the perfect guy to serve it up.

Cap used to be a geek like Banner and Pym, he was just lucky things turned out for him. Now that he is one of the "cool kids" he seems to have forgotten wear he came from, and has very little compassion for Hank or Bruce.

Revenge of the nerds? I hope so.

Goodwill said:
That's what I was wondering, too, but something had to have survived if the Hulk did... I didn't think the Hulk could swim...
He wouldn't have to, he could walk to shore buck naked, he's really tough.

Goodwill said:
Are we even sure he needs oxygen? We saw him hopping way up high and tearing up spaceships. He could just sink to the bottom and hike to Mexico.

ngnot said:
I wonder if Hank bears any resentment toward Captain America? He thought Cap was great when he first appeared, but wasn't the way Cap and Wasp carried on in front the media after the Hulk the source of Hank's feelings that caused him to lose control with Jan.

Then getting beat up by Cap, when he was low, realising what he did was wrong and already punishing himself. But that wasn't good enough for Cap. With Cap's "beat people up then figure it out later attitude" I think it's only a matter of time before he gets his. Hank would be the perfect guy to serve it up.

Cap used to be a geek like Banner and Pym, he was just lucky things turned out for him. Now that he is one of the "cool kids" he seems to have forgotten wear he came from, and has very little compassion for Hank or Bruce.

Revenge of the nerds? I hope so.

That's actually quite a beautiful thought you have there. I'd totally buy into that.

jtg3885 said:
Are we even sure he needs oxygen? We saw him hopping way up high and tearing up spaceships. He could just sink to the bottom and hike to Mexico.

616 Hulk just crossed a whole Ocean underwater...

Another thought, something I think we all missed...

Last panel of Ultimates 2 #2... Fury putting Hank incharge of drugging Hulk

Maybe Fury's not such a bad guy...

Get what I'm on about? :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe Fury's not such a bad guy...

Get what I'm on about? :twisted:

Interesting idea.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone else agree with this... I mean I was lookin' through it today and it hit me so hard... There was no other reason for that Panel at the end of #2...

are you talking about the whole "where being phased out" by Pym when hes talking to hank...and fury is listening in.

-Nigma

I'm 100% sure Banner is alive. I don't think Pym had anything to do with it, though. Pym was freakin' surprised when he got the call, and the reason why Banner thanked Pym was he became a very close friend to him. Also if I'm correct, in 616, Hulk does not let Banner die. This is probably the same here, in which Banner's Hulk persona will not let some bomb take him down.

This is the perfect set-up for a future mini, or ongoing of Ultimate Hulk. With him out of prison, and his therapies with Professor X helping a lot in supressing the uncontrollability of the Hulk. I bet we would be seeing either the child-like or the smart version of the Hulk who will be capable of using his abilities for doing good and not just eating people and getting horny to Betty Ross.

Oh I hope they don't do a smart hulk. I'm sure that they can add extra dimensions to the hulks character as is. somehow.

And guess what, I've still not picked this up yet. Damn that annoying life thing getting in the way.

Hulk should be toned down... hopefully the effects of the supersoldier serum were what made him megan insane/horny like that. That variant of the serum can't last forever either there has to be something wrong with it because no one's been successful in cracking the right one so hopefully it's a short term thing.

I don't think he's "horny" so much as he is insane, you know? While there's a fine line between those two things when it comes to gentleman, I don't think that's what Hulk is all about... He talks about other stuff, too! ;) He's a guy, what do you expect, right?

Goodwill said:
I don't think that's what Hulk is all about... He talks about other stuff, too!

Absolutely...like ripping people's heads off and taking a dump in their skull.

I love the insane Hulk. A crazy Hulk is infinitely more interesting and fun to read than, say, a stupid, brooding Hulk wandering around in different dimensions...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Only thing I liked about the Hulk movie was there was no stupid Hulk talking... that's how it should be...

You're absolutely right... I don't like the Tarzan talk.

One thing a friend of mine noticed when he was lookingover the issue. In the scene when the team is watching TV at Tony's there's a frame where Jarvis is cleaningin the background, and it appears that one of the vases he's dusting is floating in mid-air. Either that's an art error or there's a bit more to the Jarvis is Loki thing than I initially thought.

Latest posts

Back