Ultimates 2 #3 discussion (spoilers)

What a book!

I tell you, what concerned me was the starfish that showed up in Banner's near death flash back before the nuke went off.

Gave me unpleasant reminders of that horrible Hulk movie.

However, I did happen to notice his eyes had turned green. I think Pym gave him something to turn him into Hulk just before the Nuke went off. I also dare to venture that it was Banner calling him at the end of the book. We won't know until next month at the earliest, though.

Eagerly awaiting the story of Thor!

leather_w0lf said:
I tell you, what concerned me was the starfish that showed up in Banner's near death flash back before the nuke went off.

Gave me unpleasant reminders of that horrible Hulk movie.

However, I did happen to notice his eyes had turned green. I think Pym gave him something to turn him into Hulk just before the Nuke went off. I also dare to venture that it was Banner calling him at the end of the book. We won't know until next month at the earliest, though.

Eagerly awaiting the story of Thor!

Welcome! :D

I think Pym just didn't drug the alcohol enough so it left Bruce time to turn into the Hulk. Welcome BTW.

Blacksword said:
One thing a friend of mine noticed when he was lookingover the issue. In the scene when the team is watching TV at Tony's there's a frame where Jarvis is cleaningin the background, and it appears that one of the vases he's dusting is floating in mid-air. Either that's an art error or there's a bit more to the Jarvis is Loki thing than I initially thought.

Woohoo Jarvis = Loki... :twisted:

Saying Jarvis equals Loki outloud sounds weird... :roll:

Blacksword said:
One thing a friend of mine noticed when he was lookingover the issue. In the scene when the team is watching TV at Tony's there's a frame where Jarvis is cleaningin the background, and it appears that one of the vases he's dusting is floating in mid-air. Either that's an art error or there's a bit more to the Jarvis is Loki thing than I initially thought.

Wow - weird! Good eye! That is very interesting...

BTW, you all know Jarvis is secretly a telekinetic mutant?

:roll:

More of my insight

ProjectX2 said:
I think Pym just didn't drug the alcohol enough so it left Bruce time to turn into the Hulk. Welcome BTW.

Naw, I think he did something else. It wasn't in the champagne.

I also think he blew Banner in.

Or Jarvis/Loki is also a possibility.

Played a Hero Clix game tonight of Ultimates vs. Avengers. Ultimates kicked a$$. Hulk was a killing machine.

Blessed be!

Leather

Superb issue. I'm definitely with Fury giving the order to hank to drug banner knowing that he wouldn't allow him to be killed. And why? Plausible Deniability. That's what so much of this thing is all about anyway. Fury is doing what he should do, but also knows it's doing what he ought to do. I say good call on the writing there.

As for Jarvis being Loki. It's possible, the obsession with Thor says that much, but what real effect has he had on the team dynamics other than some bitching with Natasha - which she can handle easily. And the drawing of the pot, surely that must be somehow attached to the vase, having it float for any reason seems silly.

And if Banner is in Mexico at the end, how come the people don't look Mexican?

And, Ultron. Seeing the next head scientist to finish it off without Hanks subtlety, hence not quite getting it right. Though I did read once that Millar wasn't keen on doing Ult. Vision.

All in all though, a great issue. Very interested now how they explain Thor without saying that he really is a god or other such nonsense.

Oh, and Ult. Shulkie. No, never! bad idea. She's a light comic character. The current She-Hulk series is great, and suits the character very well. So Ultimise her to be in this more realistic world seems to be at direct odds to what the Ultimate series is about.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
Superb issue. I'm definitely with Fury giving the order to hank to drug banner knowing that he wouldn't allow him to be killed. And why? Plausible Deniability. That's what so much of this thing is all about anyway. Fury is doing what he should do, but also knows it's doing what he ought to do. I say good call on the writing there.

As for Jarvis being Loki. It's possible, the obsession with Thor says that much, but what real effect has he had on the team dynamics other than some bitching with Natasha - which she can handle easily. And the drawing of the pot, surely that must be somehow attached to the vase, having it float for any reason seems silly.

good calls

Guijllons said:

And if Banner is in Mexico at the end, how come the people don't look Mexican?

And, Ultron. Seeing the next head scientist to finish it off without Hanks subtlety, hence not quite getting it right. Though I did read once that Millar wasn't keen on doing Ult. Vision.

All in all though, a great issue. Very interested now how they explain Thor without saying that he really is a god or other such nonsense.

Oh, and Ult. Shulkie. No, never! bad idea. She's a light comic character. The current She-Hulk series is great, and suits the character very well. So Ultimise her to be in this more realistic world seems to be at direct odds to what the Ultimate series is about.

Did it say he was in Mexico?

nah, but there was some speculation, and they always head for the mexican border right :) and there was a guy (that did look mexican), that was reading a news paper with a spanish headline. But that was just an aside of a point really.

You know what's pretty interesting I'm watching the old Hulk show now and the opening credits do the little introduction ya know? They say he's on the run from a murder he didn't commit and Bruce Jones run on the comics did the same thing. In the Ultimate Universe it's a little different though because he's on the run and he's no innocent this time.

I wonder if this will turn into an Ultimate Hulk ongoing series. I didnt like the idea at first, but im warming to it. Hulks got a cool rogues gallery just itching to be ultimized. Such as the Leader and Abomination

Nurhachi said:
I wonder if this will turn into an Ultimate Hulk ongoing series. I didnt like the idea at first, but im warming to it. Hulks got a cool rogues gallery just itching to be ultimized. Such as the Leader and Abomination

Actually I can't think of a worse Rogue's Gallery than the Hulk's the only villain I like out his rogues is Abomination. Leader is stupid looking. I could definitely see them Ultimizing him and make him better though.

Nurhachi said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's been said that Hulk WILL NOT, get an ongoing series. Minis, of course that'll happen sometime in the future....but no ongoing.

icemastertron said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's been said that Hulk WILL NOT, get an ongoing series. Minis, of course that'll happen sometime in the future....but no ongoing.

Yep. And 616 Colossus and Norman Osbourn were both dead. And "dead is dead." :wink:

That's cool. I'd prefer mini's. And I found a pic of an ultimised Abomination and a hulk buster suit the other day. looks like they were drawn my hitch too.

Latest posts

Back