Ultimates 2 #3 discussion (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
Discuss the issue here since it's online. Spoil away...

Damn Millar! He had me believing that Hulk really was going to be left to live. Oh he's good...he's good...

As for the ending, I'm betting that it's Banner who called Pym.

I'm still reading the issue but I noticed this thing. On one of the pages it says "Hulk Trail" instead of Hulk Trial. I hope that's fixed...

Wow. That was just...wow. I´m totally blown away by this. In some ways, i really hope the execution was faked and it was Banner at the end but in another way, i really hope it wasn´t. That was a seriously well written piece of literature. My initial reaction to the ending was that it was Jan, calling Pym thanking him for helping Banner´s end be painless but that sort of changed. I´m trying to think of who else it could be but.....i can´t. I´m stuck agreeing with Ice that its probably Banner. Which sort of saddens me. This was an absolutely fantastic issue. I´m still a bit blown away...

See, this is my theory:

When Banner woke up, he quickly realized that Fury screwed him over. He hulked out, as his eyes were green. He somehow found way back to shore, and went back into Banner. Then he called Pym, and walked away afterwards.

Anyone else reminded of the Exiles story where evil Tony Stark took over the world and killed Hulk by dropping a gamma bomb on him and superhulkpowered wonderman who was standing next to him. The only way to get rid of him was to send him to the Negative Zone

My thoughts:

1.) Great issue!

2.) Hank knew that the drugs wasn't enough to knock Banner out for "the whole thing" as Fury said.

3.) Banner changed into the Hulk right before the bomb hit (bad dream maybe :D ) and survived.

4.) It was Banner at the end that called Hank up and thanked him. (See number 2).

4.5.) It could also have been the source that leaked the Hulk story to the press that called Hank and thanked him for the information (Hank was the leak in this case). <----- I don't really belive this as the end reminded me too much of the Hulk TV-series where Bruce walks away in the end of every episode.

Your thoughts?

icemastertron said:
See, this is my theory:

When Banner woke up, he quickly realized that Fury screwed him over. He hulked out, as his eyes were green. He somehow found way back to shore, and went back into Banner. Then he called Pym, and walked away afterwards.

I was actually under the impression that Hank did the saving here, Ice. I could be mistaken, but when Pym said this was going to be his last operation or whatever, he was admitting that he was going to do something... The eyes did have something to do with it. Hulk is still alive, though, we know becuase of the phone call. Did that ending remind you of Silence of the Lambs at all?

It was Hank's last operation and he was going to make sure Bruce lived. He knew the drugs weren't strong enough so hopefully Bruce would find a way out. He woke up just before the bomb blew, turned into the Hulk and got out somehow. He called Hank to show that he lived while the rest of the world think's hes dead. Ultimate Hulk mini-series anyone?

I think he and Hank will be found out... After Thor, this will be something that the Ultimates will have to deal with, you know? I think it's the best option to go with, too.

That was Flippin' awesome...

I was like I hate this issue I hate this issue (because Ultimate Matt Murdock was useless and that sucks :evil: ) WASTE OF CAMEO and doesn't help my Daredevil cause either :evil:

anyway past my anger about that... I told you he'd go on the run I f'n told you guys he'd make like Bill Bixby and hit the road... and the way it all went down was perfect and it's clear as crystal kids Pym helped him escape and he then called to thank him.

GOD THAT WAS SO AWESOME

OK so Jarvis is either gay or is Loki...

Goodwill said:
Well, look at it this way, Murdock was damn near poetic. He played Atticus Finch's role all over again, MWOF! ;)

True his final words were very much like the Matt Murdock I know and love but he did next to nothing for Banner... also I wonder if Banner chose him or Fury did... either way he's obviously not a well known character in UU according to Stark's comment...

Jarvis is gay, not Loki. Fury is Loki. :wink:

I gotta chime in on Jarvis here. I think he's gay. Rmember in V1 he came rushing back from his night of to serve Cap and Thor, complete with new waistcoat. That alone doesn't clinch it, but his appritiation of Thor, his protectivness of Tony in issue 2, and his "You're not the only man alone in a crowd" comment seem to set it for me.

And Mr. Murdock, simply wonderful.

First off that issue was f***ing fantastic. That was probablely the best comic I have read in along time.

As for the speculation, here are my thoughts.
1) Banner is totally alive. I think that Hank under dosed the champagne and added something to make him transform upon waking or Banner had been faking for a while and his eyes were green because he was pissed. It is clear that it was Banner on the phone because Hank clearly recognized it and only Banner's voice could have reasonablely inspired that kind of reaction from Hank. Only a person with a lot of technological experience and something to hide would or could mask their call from a pay phone. Also the person on the phone has red hair just like Banner. And please like they're going to kill the Hulk!
2) Hank helped Banner escape from the aircraft carrier. It was Hank's job to make sure there was enough sedative in the champagne which there clearly wasn't. I think that he tried to time it so that Banner would wake up in time and I think he put something else in the champagne to make Banner transform upon awaking. He Also left Banner a backpack with close and cash, because on the bottom of page 24 we see Banner's backpack and it has the initials HP which I believe stand for Hank Pym. Only Hank could have left the backpack on the aircraft carrier. That and I feel like Hank and Banner had a connection, because they're both science geeks.
3) Loki is involved in turning the Ultimates against Thor, but he's is not taking the form of anyone we know well. I say this, because if he taking the form of lets say Fury it would be reasonable to assume that the real Fury is dead and I don't think they want to kill off a well know character like that. I think it is possible that he is taking the form of someone higher up in sheild than Fury though.
4) Jarvis is totally gay. It's a total Burns and Smithers set up. Or he's just really British. It's hard to tell some times.

MaxwellSmart said:
4) Jarvis is totally gay. It's a total Burns and Smithers set up. Or he's just really British. It's hard to tell some times.

This is the best expression of it yet. I hadn´t thought about it that way and its so obvious.

Latest posts

Back