Ultimates 2 #7 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 21 43.8%

Votes: 23 47.9%

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
For a long time I thought it was Natasha, but Hank says that he is surpised that they would be the one to betray the Ultimates and Shield. This tells me that the traitor is someone who is thought to be loyal to the U.S. Natasha is probally the first person you would think would betray the U.S.

Bass said:
I reckon its Spider-Man.

That would be AWESOME.

No, seriously. The traitor is AWESOME, the ship that the FF took into the N-Zone. Its remains got bitten by a radioactive human, which ran out of Las Vegas, hitched a ride to New York, then started killing all the Ultimates.

Bass, when did you move to Ohio?

Reckon?

Betty Ross . . . Betty Ross . . . get it through your heads . . . Betty Ross . . . but the argument for Natasha has much merit. And perhaps Clint would be surprised it was her, considering they did come from Black Ops together and knew each other well, in theory.

Betty Ross . . . Betty Ross . . . Betty Ross . . .

Last edited:
I think that the traitor is Grant Morrison, and this will be discovered through a series of revelations by the "dead" Hawkeye...

Then Hawkeye will convince Morrison to kill Millar and rewrite his family back into existing.

Welcome, Ultimate Bigby! :D

There's a thread for the new memebrs to introduce themselves in the site news forum, so let us know about yourself there! :)

Poll added to rate the issue - we might start trying this with Ultimate issue discussion threads. Vote now!

UltimateE said:
Poll added to rate the issue - we might start trying this with Ultimate issue discussion threads. Vote now!

Good idea! I always like the idea of polls, but I thought that people would think having a lot of polls would annoy people.

GGAAHHH!!!!! i can't decide if the traitor is the cap'n, fury, natasha (freaking ruskies...i dated one once so it's ok), ross, your mother, millar, myself...bahhh....screw it...i'm about to speculate myself to death

selfproclaimed said:
GGAAHHH!!!!! i can't decide if the traitor is the cap'n, fury, natasha (freaking ruskies...i dated one once so it's ok), ross, your mother, millar, myself...bahhh....screw it...i'm about to speculate myself to death
Well, this is what Im asking those who think its Captain America:

Would he EVER turn around so much, that he would shoot kids?

Just a question.

icemastertron said:
Well, this is what Im asking those who think its Captain America:

Would he EVER turn around so much, that he would shoot kids?

Just a question.

half of me says no way...i mean no way would the cap'n turn so much that he would be capable of shooting a kid in cold blood...HOWEVER....he's also willing to do anything for his country...and since this isn't the america he's used to...i just don't know...i do know is that this cap'n is much darker than the 616 in my opinion

For all thos ewho suggest Captain America wouldn't shoot kids - why not? He's a good soldier and will do what's necessary. Anyone remember the good American soldiers at Mi Lai?

See but I would never see Cap shooting little kids.

But listen to this:

Last night, I looked over and saw my Ultimates Volume 1 HC. Giving it a look through, guess what I noticed? Fury ended a lot of his sentences with "soldier". Now remember that last line of this issue? :wink:

The problem with the kids being shot isn't, for me at least, that the kids were shot dead but that the traitor enjoyed killing them and Hawkeye so much. That's the thing I can't get my head around. In #6, the traitor's talk, since he's trying to recruit Pym, is of course far more sympathetic, and you could imagine Cap or Tony or whoever as the traitor. But in #7, the traitor is so merciless that it's hard to believe that it's anyone in the group.

the language makes it sound like fury. so could it be that he leaked the hulk info to get him off the team as well, only to later recruit him for his coup, like with giantman? it seems odd, though, that fury would do that. afterall, thor is warning us that nick is going to far, yet at the same time, fury agrees and is working against himself. seems a bit counter-intuitive.

on a side note, the giantmen look ridiculous. i thought the ultimates were suppose to be more realistic. what's the point of wearing tanktops? i'd imagine their uniforms to be more in line with traditional military garb.

selfproclaimed said:
half of me says no way...i mean no way would the cap'n turn so much that he would be capable of shooting a kid in cold blood...HOWEVER....he's also willing to do anything for his country...and since this isn't the america he's used to...i just don't know...i do know is that this cap'n is much darker than the 616 in my opinion

I used to think it was Cap. in fact if only Hawkeye had been taken out, I wouldn't have changed my mind. but, while I could easily see him as a traitor I don't see him taking out a whole family. unless the wife and kids were packing heat, I think cap would have let them go.

so who now is the traitor, well I guess I am going to go with Black Widow. I don't see Wasp using a hand gun, and as for Ms. Ross, well I don't see her doing field ops.

Bass said:
The problem with the kids being shot isn't, for me at least, that the kids were shot dead but that the traitor enjoyed killing them and Hawkeye so much. That's the thing I can't get my head around.

Right, which is why I suggested there is more to the wife and kids than we have been lead to believe. Maybe they aren't as innocent as Millar wants us to think they are. Depending on the circumstance, if that's the case I can see Cap possibly taking them down with glee.

To me it sounded more like the traitor was saying "solidier" in a condescending way. This makes me think that the traitor is someone who thinks that people who join the military are a bunch of fools for being so willing to take orders without question. True this could be me projecting my own belief that it's wasp. The thing that frustrates me most of all is that we won't find out who's right until September!

Hmm hawkeye called his familie EVERY day before a mission. Widow knew this and told Janet. Widow has her "widow crew" as you see their van in Ultimates v2 and therefor these guys might be her "men". Also the thing about Tony's and Widows wedding getting spoiled. They are comming to arrest her!

Latest posts

Back