How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 21 43.8%

Votes: 23 47.9%

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
moonmaster said:
Now, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.

Yeah well I never saw Edison or Lincoln write comics like this.

What if the traitor never gets caught ? What if he ain't a "Ultimate"? The Ultimates can't really affort to lose another member. We lost Giant-man, Thor, Hawkeye and now another one. No, I'm telling you this is twisted

I don't see banner as a "ultimate" like that, What I'm talking about is the guys with powers here. I don't see a clear enough reason why anyone on the Ultimates team should do this. There is no reason for them to kill kids.

1.) Lucky for ole Leather he has 3 comic shops in town. At 5:30 I left work, at 5:42 it was in my hands. At 5:48 I read the book on the way home after picking the wife up from work.

2.) I read the last 4 pages while in transit to home. Fortunately my constitution held and I didn't empty my bowels in shock.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!

What a great issue. The Hell with Clapton - MILLAR IS GOD! Spray paint it every where!!!

On Sunday I turned 38 - what a week of birthday presents! On Saturday I met Zakk Wylde. Sunday I won the Hero Clix Tournament I played in (lol), and this freakin comic book came out today!!!

The Bad guys should turn out to be Natasha, Pitreo & Wanda. I think Clint's a goner - I'm still in shock! - but who knows for sure but Millar and Hitchy.

PEACE!

hey, uh, where'd my post go?

i wasnt serious about hating millar. if you read the link, you'd know that... :( im so confused.

no seriously where'd it go?

anyway, since ppl are referencing it, here was the post i linked to:

ooo, that mark millar!

AN AMAZING ISSUE, but don't read if you don't want spoiled.

Spoiler:
we start with the ultimates taking out a middle east nuke facility. cap and quicksilver do some computer stuff, quick runs cap out, and hawkeye bombs the place from a jet.
then the giant men come in, and tear up the place. iron man, maiden, and the country captains fly in and disarm the nukes.
then scarlet witch teleports them all away from the site.

cut to the triskelion. a convo between thor and tony. thor is criticizing tony's involvement, and tony is thinking he's doing the right thing. thor sees that tony has been sucked in to the whole situation, but tony just denies. tony came down to talk about thor's delusions, and seeks forgiveness from hurting his friend, i.e. thor. thor still thinks he is a god, so as tony is leaving, thor tells him that fury needs to stop what he is doing because the traitor will strike if he doesn't.

and THEN, we find janet is having an "affair" with HANK!
she's just sick of cap's old school mentality. we see someone is watching them though. it looks like eamon brankin, or cap... not really sure though, we only see the back of the head.

cut to the barton house. and why i hate millar. hawkeye's girlfriend/wife observed janet's disgust with cap. scarlet witch forgot her purse. hawkeye is awaiting some old friends for coffee. the doorbell rings. "ms. barton" goes to the door to greet wanda. laser goes to the forehead. she is shot down. guys with guns crash into the kitchen, hawkeye is shot three times. callum, hawkeye's son is taken and is about to be shot when we see a butcher's knife thrown into one of their heads. hawkeye, weapons master, in the kitchen has taken out all the utensils and is throwing them at his assailants. when it seems all are down, callum comes over, and clint tells him to run to the next door kneighbor's house and tell the neighbor to call the "special number". and then we see blood spatter onto clints face. callum, dead, falls in his arms. clutching on to callum, hawkeye looks into the eyes of his main assailant and tells him that he will kill him. the villain says, "now, you're just being STUPID, soldier." the gun is pointed at hawkeye (though we never see it directly pointed perpendicular to his head). and three shots are fired.
we never see the shooter's face.

and if what i think happened DID happen, I will hate millar forever for killing a sweet, bad-***, and downright fun character. and my favorite at that.

this earned a parental advisory for a reason.

again, amazing issue, but i don't know if i can forgive millar for what he's done.

at least not until issue 8. :D
Spoiler:
who is the traitor? though we don't know for sure, i bet its Fury, cap, tony, hank, janet, or natasha. my order is like this: 1. natasha, 2. hank, 3. tony 4. cap 5. fury, 6. janet. but that will change in 20 minutes.

I think Thor may be hinting that it's Captain America, whose forces that are going to retaliate are the Union. I could see this being the focal point of the next arc. Who knows, though.

You guys also have to put yourself into Captain's shoes. Here he is in a time period he doesn't belong; he's probably flipping his lid... He's not in the right state of mind trying to fit in. Killing a kid could be in his character...

Goodwill said:
I think Thor may be hinting that it's Captain America, whose forces that are going to retaliate are the Union. I could see this being the focal point of the next arc. Who knows, though.

You guys also have to put yourself into Captain's shoes. Here he is in a time period he doesn't belong; he's probably flipping his lid... He's not in the right state of mind trying to fit in. Killing a kid could be in his character...

But c'mon. Look at that last scene and imagine that we see the traitor and its Cap. Could you really imagine Cap pointing a gun at a child and pulling the trigger? Even if he was "not in the right state of mind?"

Yes. If you were Hannibal Lector and it wasn't in your character to eat a child and you were hungry, what's going to satisfy you more? Not killing the child or feeding yourself?

Goodwill said:

since when did i end up in a time period i dont belong? although i did like the 90s a lot more... :wink:

I haven't gotten the issue in hand yet (don't get to my shop until Fridays) but GOD DAMN am I excited.

Just from reading this, I gotta offer the theory that immediately popped into my head.

1). Cap IS the traitor

and

2.) It was Loki, posing as Cap, who killed Hawkeye's family

Why do I think so? Loki said he had something planned. He said though that TOGETHER WITH WHAT THE TRAITOR HAD PLANNED it was going to make things very interesting. What if it was, Loki had planned to tear the Ultimates apart via deceptions like this (leaking Banner, tricking them about Thor, and now this) but then stumbled upon Cap's agenda (whatever it may be) and decided to play it along like that. Whoops, big tulmult, their ALL at each other throats and Fury's gunning for all of them, lots of mischief caused. Of course, they figure it out in the end and decide to "avenge" a few things.

More solid feedback from me later when I've read the issue.

icemastertron said:
It seems like it could be Cap, but does anyone REALLY see him shooting anyone in the head, especially a kid?

What if Cap had somebody else do it for him?

René said:
What if Cap had somebody else do it for him?
No way. That was definetly the traitor with the gun. When you read the issue, you'll see. The only person you didnt see a head was the traitor with the small gun. So it wasnt someone else.

icemastertron said:
No way. That was definetly the traitor with the gun. When you read the issue, you'll see. The only person you didnt see a head was the traitor with the small gun. So it wasnt someone else.

I didnt know that...

You know I have to wait to read the issue. Im just coming up with my own ideas from all he 'spoilers' I've read.

I don't think it's Cap. Or if it IS Cap, that's not the "real" Cap (since WHEN does Cap weigh 350 pounds?). Not to start the whole glove thing again, but that was an awfully small hand holding that automatic. Hawkeye clearly knew who it was. How did the person(s) get past the armed security outside? It's someone the guards know (and obey) or someone the guards trusted enough to let get close before THEY got slaughtered, too. The body count is high here - in an earlier issue, they said 6 guards - plus the family, which is either another 4 or 5, depending on how likely you view Hawkeye's survival.

My guess? Well, it isn't the "real" Cap. It isn't Thor. It isn't Jan. It isn't Tony, who is just starting to have a really sick feeling about where the Ultimates are going. It isn't Hawkeye (yeah, okay, that was a given). It isn't Hank, not leading the team into Hawkeye's house (though I think he's in this somehow up to his giant eyeballs - he makes 2 comments in his talk with Jan that are really suspicious). I still really doubt it's Wanda or Pietro. And the speech about "not believing in this country" - it's not Natasha.

Doesn't leave much, does it? Fury, Betty Ross. I really like Betty for the fall, but I can't make it work, given her incredibly minor status. She did get mentioned in this issue again, to remind us she is still alive.

Two more MONTHS, dammit.

It was Loki disguised as Cap. The person on the #8 cover is Cap, even though he's innocent. I'm sure of that, just not sure who the "real" traitor is...

Latest posts

Back