Ultimates 2 #8 Discussion (SPOILERS)

So I got a chance to get a good look at the comic today. Does anyone remember when Loki was shown during the Gods & Monsters arc. I mean he was so blantantly there. He was removed from the crowd in Italy, he even was half looking at us when Thor was sitting haveing dinner in the restaurant. If it was Loki it would be made perfectly clear to us. I'm 100% certain that's not him.

I'm pretty sure its him too, but i'm also pretty sure that all he wanted to do was take down thor.

Loki has always appeared in the same clothes too. S'not him. The Loki thing is done and dusted really, he was the baddy for the last arc, now there are bigger fish.

Guijllons said:
Loki has always appeared in the same clothes too. S'not him. The Loki thing is done and dusted really, he was the baddy for the last arc, now there are bigger fish.

I agree with that, though I'd honestly like to see his plot tied up a bit more...not totally, but give Thor a bone, you know? Let him smack Loki in the noggin with Mjolnir at least a few times before its all said and done with. And you never know, its possible he could show back up towards the end of the arc. After all, the Chitauri were absent from the first volume after #1 all the way up until #10 and on, so its a possibility.

DIrishB said:
I agree with that, though I'd honestly like to see his plot tied up a bit more...not totally, but give Thor a bone, you know? Let him smack Loki in the noggin with Mjolnir at least a few times before its all said and done with. And you never know, its possible he could show back up towards the end of the arc. After all, the Chitauri were absent from the first volume after #1 all the way up until #10 and on, so its a possibility.

I don't want Loki centered on at all. I think to have Thor branch off and have his own little mini involving Loki as to expand more on Loki's real plan would be much more productive. Leave The rest of The Ultimates to Red Skull/Ultron and Fury and the reserves and that whole mess. If Thor shows up at the end more power to him but the only way I'd want to see Loki being used is at the end of the battle where he's standing in the background as a background character with a smug smile on his face enjoying the whole show the mortals are putting on for him and Thor looks over his shoulder and blasts him with a bolt.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't want Loki centered on at all. I think to have Thor branch off and have his own little mini involving Loki as to expand more on Loki's real plan would be much more productive. Leave The rest of The Ultimates to Red Skull/Ultron and Fury and the reserves and that whole mess. If Thor shows up at the end more power to him but the only way I'd want to see Loki being used is at the end of the battle where he's standing in the background as a background character with a smug smile on his face enjoying the whole show the mortals are putting on for him and Thor looks over his shoulder and blasts him with a bolt.

That I like though. Its just it seems incredibly anti-climactic to just ignore Loki for the rest of the arc, as he's the one who's responsible for all this and his character has been built up for a reason. I'd love to see a Thor mini as well, but I think this plot-line should be addressed where it began, in Ultimates 2. Otherwise it seems forced or contrived. Not saying I wouldn't want to see more of Loki or Thor otherwise, as I definitly would, but I think Ultimates 2 should be its own, self-contained story, just as the first volume was. Leaving hanging plots like that does just the opposite.

DIrishB said:
as he's the one who's responsible for all this
Wrong! Loki is not reponsible for anything after Thor being contained. That's where everyone is getting mixed up.

DIrishB said:
and his character has been built up for a reason. I'd love to see a Thor mini as well, but I think this plot-line should be addressed where it began, in Ultimates 2. Otherwise it seems forced or contrived. Not saying I wouldn't want to see more of Loki or Thor otherwise, as I definitly would, but I think Ultimates 2 should be its own, self-contained story, just as the first volume was. Leaving hanging plots like that does just the opposite.
Well, I just get geeked when I think of the possibility of expanding the Ultimate Universe in ways like this. That's why I want to see it addressed in a Thor mini we could all enjoy where The Ultimates would take care of the central plot they're focusing on there are going to be loose ends at the end of this. In fact I'm almost more than half way certain that the "team's traitor" won't be caught at the end of all this.

I honestly think, considering that Hulk vs Wolverine is coming out before U2 ends - that we will see Hitllar returning not only Thor, but Hawkeye, Hulk, the Union, Reserves, and Loki for the grand finale.

It won't be focused or centered on them, but they will most likely be there for the party.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Wrong! Loki is not reponsible for anything after Thor being contained. That's where everyone is getting mixed up.

As far as you know.

Well, I just get geeked when I think of the possibility of expanding the Ultimate Universe in ways like this. That's why I want to see it addressed in a Thor mini we could all enjoy where The Ultimates would take care of the central plot they're focusing on there are going to be loose ends at the end of this. In fact I'm almost more than half way certain that the "team's traitor" won't be caught at the end of all this.

If thats the case I'll throw up all over myself.

Bass said:
I honestly think, considering that Hulk vs Wolverine is coming out before U2 ends - that we will see Hitllar returning not only Thor, but Hawkeye, Hulk, the Union, Reserves, and Loki for the grand finale.

It won't be focused or centered on them, but they will most likely be there for the party.

I don't get how Banner is going to return and then run away again? I guess I'm the only guy who wants these things to branch out so radically and just have certain characters grow into their own stories. *Sigh* oh well...

DIRISHB said:
As far as you know.
Right, and like I said I'll throw up all over myself if he uses a "The devil made me do it" cop-out.

If thats the case I'll throw up all over myself.
If the traitor's that good he...hopefully she.... won't get caught.

TheManWithoutFear said:
If the traitor's that good he...hopefully she.... won't get caught.
I like what you're thinking. The final ending could be of the traitor somewhere else laughing or something.

icemastertron said:
I like what you're thinking. The final ending could be of the traitor somewhere else laughing or something.

I hope not. I hope the traitor storyline is resolved. It's really pissing me off.

icemastertron said:

Well my ideal.... and this is just what I'm hopeing for so don't bite my head off or anything. Is the final scene with Black Widow getting off with her superior saying that the job's been done and the U.S. Super-Human Program is done. Then they show a close up of her face and she definitely is feeling guilty about it.

Only thing is I want someone else to be the one who killed Hawkeye's family and not the traitor but hopefully it will be someone not associated with the traitor but someone who's going around as Cap. There's a lot of different agendas here I'm thinkin'.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well my ideal.... and this is just what I'm hopeing for so don't bite my head off or anything. Is the final scene with Black Widow getting off with her superior saying that the job's been done and the U.S. Super-Human Program is done. Then they show a close up of her face and she definitely is feeling guilty about it.
That would be a cool scenario. :)

Latest posts

Back