Ultimates 2 #8 Discussion (SPOILERS)

Doc Comic said:
No, see, I like Loeb. I just don't like the idea of Loeb being exclusive to Marvel. He seems much more comfortable with DC characters than Marvel characters. Back on topic, though.

He even admitted he's writing the Ultimates as a superhero story, instead of the politics it's at now...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I've never seen so much resentment for a writer based solely on the fact that he's not bad but just he's replacing Millar. I think this could still potentially be a good title.

My resentment towards Loeb is based entirely on his current published works that I have read.

Doc Comic said:
No, see, I like Loeb. I just don't like the idea of Loeb being exclusive to Marvel. He seems much more comfortable with DC characters than Marvel characters. Back on topic, though.

I still don't get this issue. As we can all probably tell, Cap isn't the traitor. Who set him up then, and HOW did they set him up?

I know who the traitor is. It's Tony. The brain tumor throughout his entire body has made him paralyzed and turned him into Ultimate M.O.D.A.K. In a psychotic delirium, he blames his brain body on the Ultimates.

Waht is with everyone turing the heroes in to the 616 villains?
I've heard that Cap is Red Skull, that Hawkeye is Red Skull, Iron MAn is M.O.D.O.C.K., Wasp is evil Yellow Jacket, I mean please, these people are returning for Ultimates 3

Plenty of threads to discuss/rant/complain about Loeb/Mad. Let's stay on topic...

Hawkeye101 said:
I've heard that Cap is Red Skull, that Hawkeye is Red Skull, Iron MAn is M.O.D.O.C.K., Wasp is evil Yellow Jacket, I mean please, these people are returning for Ultimates 3

I dunno - I kinda like it.

Hawkeye101 said:
Um, I was joking, buddy.

Bass said:
hellascarybig6fk.jpg

Admit it. This would've scared the **** out of you.

You people suck.

This isn't a misprint. This is a photoshop job I did.

I saw the panel and Cap goes "Oh sh--" and I thought, "If he had said 'nein', I'd've **** my pants."

Am I the only one who thinks if this'd been in the actual issue, it would've ****ing broken the internet in half? Captain America - Nazi super spy: The Ultimates have been played from the beginning! *cue music of terror*

Huh? Huh?

You're all nerd jerks.

Bass said:
You people suck.

I saw the panel and Cap goes "Oh sh--" and I thought, "If he had said 'nein', I'd've **** my pants."

Am I the only one who thinks if this'd been in the actual issue, it would've ****ing broken the internet in half? Captain America - Nazi super spy: The Ultimates have been played from the beginning! *cue music of terror*

Huh? Huh?

You're all nerd jerks.

You're extremely desperate for attention aren't you?

Bass said:
You people suck.

Huh? Huh?

You're all nerd jerks.

Haha, I didn't see you originally post that. Good job. You made me think it was real - because I've only read the issue once and have since deleted it.

Did you post that at Millarworld? I betcha Mark would get a laugh out of that.

So whats everyone thinking of the direction Millar is taking Wasp? First she's the abused woman, now she's the one abusing Cap's trust by sneaking around with Hank behind his back. For an intelligent woman she sure has a lot of issues (though so does Hank). Maybe thats part of where their weird attraction to each other lies.

DIrishB said:
So whats everyone thinking of the direction Millar is taking Wasp? First she's the abused woman, now she's the one abusing Cap's trust by sneaking around with Hank behind his back. For an intelligent woman she sure has a lot of issues (though so does Hank). Maybe thats part of where their weird attraction to each other lies.

She hates herself and thinks she deserves the pain because she is a Mutant.

I think they've touched on that before

Dr.Strangefate said:
She hates herself and thinks she deserves the pain because she is a Mutant.

I think they've touched on that before

Its never that easy with women. And they touched on the mutant thing, and its obvious she has a bunch of self-loathing going on, but its never been established it was because she was a mutant.

Well, Hank had verbally abused her before, saying no one would sleep with her other than him because she leaves eggs in the bed every three weeks, and who would put up with that. blah blah blah

This is the first time, I usually get mine before everyone else.

Ultimate Houde said:
Well, Hank had verbally abused her before, saying no one would sleep with her other than him because she leaves eggs in the bed every three weeks, and who would put up with that. blah blah blah

This is the first time, I usually get mine before everyone else.

I guess Cap doesn't mind mutant insect larval eggs...so does this mean Wasp is able to reproduce asexually or is Hank actually somehow impregnating her and therefore this is the first known case of inter-species offspring?

DIrishB said:
I guess Cap doesn't mind mutant insect larval eggs...so does this mean Wasp is able to reproduce asexually or is Hank actually somehow impregnating her and therefore this is the first known case of inter-species offspring?
I assumed the 'eggs' Hank referred to were the mutant insect equivalent of menstrual blood.

And she's just *dating* Cap, right? I'm under the impression they don't actually live together, so perhaps she's been rather discreet about keeping the more disgusting aspects of her mutation a secret?

compound said:
I assumed the 'eggs' Hank referred to were the mutant insect equivalent of menstrual blood.

I thought he specifically stated they were larval eggs, doesn't that mean they've been fertilized already?

And she's just *dating* Car, right? I don't believe they live together, so perhaps she's been rather discreet about keeping the more disgusting aspects of her mutation a secret?

Could be, not sure. Millar doesn't usually address stuff that particularly...yet strangely he addresses Wasp's insect menstrual cycle.

Can wasp even have children vaginally? Does she have both insect and human reproductive parts? How would she have children? Human sperm is not strong enough (protportionally) to break the protien casings that insect eggs have. From what I've read, she's incappable of having children.

Latest posts

Back