Ultimates 2 #8 Discussion (SPOILERS)

Well, mutants are so different from each other they shouldn't be able to interbreed at all. Mutants in marvel are a load of scientific hooey, there is really no point trying to examine it all. I'll say yes, she can have children, because she is a mutant.

Millar can write a great mystery, but his grasp of science (possible or theoretical or comic book) is often somewhat shaky. It's probably best not to look at things like this too closely.

Can't blame Millar, the whole premise of Mutants is screwed. Millar was actually doing a pretty good job of detailing that her Mutant 'power' is not just being small and having wings, but is something that is totally part of her and is probably lucky to look human at all.

Oooo, look, the shiny cover for #9, in color this time. Scroll down (don't read any of the text, especially if you don't want to get rather annoyed rather quickly) and click on the cover to enlarge. Or, as I saw on the 'net the other day, "click to embiggen."

Joe Q on Newsarama, with #9 cover

And, ummm, doesn't that UIM trade cover make him look like an armored chimpanzee? Don't look, E, you won't like it.

This just makes me think (and this has likely been suggested before but I'm tired and haven't read this thread for a while) that all the women in the photo are Natasha, in various disguises of Super Spy-ness.

hey guys, just got here.
actli, thought of the 'Natasha, in various disguises of Super Spy-ness' thing myself... could it mean that she's also just dating Tony as part of her job?

and also... (and i'm saying this with the utmost respect to all of you who have come before me on this forum) ... but why are you so quick to point out that Millar did not indeed reveal who the traitor was in issue 8?
what if, in this ultimatized universe, Cap isnt as much of a hero as he is in Earth 616... what if he IS the traitor?

wouldn't that be cool?

oh, and id love for hawkeye to come out of nowhere near the end and just save the day...

berzerker said:
hey guys, just got here.
actli, thought of the 'Natasha, in various disguises of Super Spy-ness' thing myself... could it mean that she's also just dating Tony as part of her job?

and also... (and i'm saying this with the utmost respect to all of you who have come before me on this forum) ... but why are you so quick to point out that Millar did not indeed reveal who the traitor was in issue 8?
what if, in this ultimatized universe, Cap isnt as much of a hero as he is in Earth 616... what if he IS the traitor?

wouldn't that be cool?

oh, and id love for hawkeye to come out of nowhere near the end and just save the day...
Welcome Berzerker! Love the name and avatar! :D

berzerker said:
hey guys, just got here.

wouldn't that be cool?

Mmmmm.... hmmmm.... newbie. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on us our opinions on the comics are based on some of the most complex and deep discussions on the net. As you will see.

Besides Millar not revealing the traitor and you're opinion on Cap have nothing to do with each other.

I'm still stickin' with Black Widow, if not caring about the story all together.

Ah... yeah.... Welcome and nice sig.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Mmmmm.... hmmmm.... newbie. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on us our opinions on the comics are based on some of the most complex and deep discussions on the net. As you will see.
Have you ever used the net MWoF? We talk about comics, there is only so deep you can get on the subject.

And hi bezerker, welcome :)

ProjectX2 said:
Haha, I didn't see you originally post that. Good job. You made me think it was real - because I've only read the issue once and have since deleted it.

Did you post that at Millarworld? I betcha Mark would get a laugh out of that.

I did and everyone ignored it. I'll bump it.

Also, welcome Berzerker! As I've said, I thought it would be interesting (to say the least) if Captain America was the traitor and an imposter, and not the real Cap as Fury seems to believe he is. Hence, why I uploaded the "nein" picture (which you can see on page 17 as I quote myself).

Caduceus said:
This just makes me think (and this has likely been suggested before but I'm tired and haven't read this thread for a while) that all the women in the photo are Natasha, in various disguises of Super Spy-ness.

Actually the one picture looks like Wanda, Janet and Natasha. The one where they all look Naked.

Okay, because I have another month (gah!) to wait for next issue, here's something that I've been toying with: I believe the recordings from the "secret" security cameras have been altered. How else is it possible that Fury (and the guys in the control room viewing the footage) DON'T know what happened to Hawkeye's (living or dead) body? I get the impression that the stunned expressions on their faces are from seeing someone they think is Cap on the recording, not from viewing the killings themselves.

So the recording has been altered to either make the Fake Cap look more like the real Cap or to completely hide the real ID of the killer and make the killer look like Cap or to shield the activities of "the rescuer." And, you know, there aren't too many people with access to SHIELD headquarters AND who can alter the tape AND who might know about the "hidden" cameras.

I think Cap is being framed by another Cap - perhaps the Red Skull - who looks exactly like Steve? I don't know. Millar is killing me.

ProjectX2 said:
I think Cap is being framed by another Cap - perhaps the Red Skull - who looks exactly like Steve? I don't know. Millar is killing me.
You mean like he killed all of our respect for Ant-Man?

Latest posts

Back