Ultimates V2 #10 Discussion (SPOILERS)

Ah, rereading what was pointed out to me earlier ...

Plym is trying to pitch to Fury that his new robots will be "expendable super soldiers" under direct control by Shield ...

Then it seems that this new team picked them up. But ... well ... it's just possible that ... he allready was so far in the programming that there's a way for Fury to take complete control over all the robots. Or anyone with full shield authority ...

Well it's another loony theory, hehe.

I agree tho, it's taking a bit too long, so really, it's better to wait till it's done then read it all at once to make up my mind, atm there's too much useless speculation and such, would be more fun if it came out a bit more often.

I wanted a banner on my sig too like this:

Quickbanner.jpg

Too bad he didnt showed up on 10 =/ I even wonder ih he's alive. I want to see Hurricane vs Quickie!

Did they named the soldiers that would be consumed by their suit or they are just unamed cannon fodder?

Last edited:
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I want to see Hurricane vs Quickie!

Did they named the soldiers that would be consumed by their suit or they are just unamed cannon folder?

Just fodder. Some of them (say the ones who smacked Wasp around a little) to be fodder even before their time in the suits is up...

And I'm hoping that the entire team will be together for at least some of the battle.

There is another terrorist reference, weapons of destruction (suits) that kill the wearer.

Hopefully the suits are removable.

You have to wonder if the people wearing the suits know about the downside.

If they do: the sanity of your troops is in question.

If they don't:

"Hey, has anyone seen Bob around? He was just a couple of weeks ahead of us in training."

"Huh, no. In fact, I haven't seen anyone from the group ahead of us lately."

I think it's an extinction of the mentality that lets massive amount of people happily go to their deaths as suicide bombers.

Aebriol said:
I think it's an extinction of the mentality that lets massive amount of people happily go to their deaths as suicide bombers.

Now THAT is a seriously apropos typo.

"extension" maybe?

Could be, though; notice how in almost every panel they are smiling. Maybe it's good drugs, too...

Last edited:
good stuff. on to the comments:

(1) Hawkeye: earlier someone wanted to know why Hawkeye didn't use his escape method when we first saw him. as I recall, he was just coming out of a drug induced stupor. which could account for the delay in his escape.

as for the fingernails, I have a good laugh reading both sides of the argument. I understand those who say, that even in fantasy there should be a set boundary to how stuff works. true. however, at the end of the day like or not authors are going to come up with whatever they deem interesting, cool, or lifted from some other work.

speaking of which, I don't how care how tough a son-of-a-gun he is. a one eyed general would be given medical discharge from the armed services. and I doubt he would qualify for various paramilitary(like SHIELD) or any other service. and make no mistake, Fury is not simply an admin leader, this guy is always in the field. so just how does he manage to pass the physical every year? (not that I care, but the fingernail crowd should be up in arms about that one)

(2) in this issue we see the corpse of one of the goliath men. how in the world do you dispose of multiple 60 foot corpses? heck , that could take up a whole issue on it's own.

now since i'm a pretty lazy dude...i don't know if someone has mentioned this one yet...but does anyone else find it ironic that all of the liberators are seemingly stationed in france (this A doesn't stand for France, France)

E.Vi.L. said:
BTW : If Tony can download information from Natascha's brain, he could have learned of the conspiracy months ago. Think about it.

I buy Tony as paranoid, but I don't buy him intruding on Natasha's mind unless it's a desperate situation.

Rhyo said:
Seriously, though, this is why I love Hitch's Ultimates. Notice that a couple of the teeth are crooked, with an overlap.

There is a panel of Tony, lifting his arm to swing the bottle at Widow's head, where you can see the tshirt on his arm bunch up and the edge open in mid-swing.

All the little stuff like that.

I'm really going to miss Hitch when Ultimates 2 ends. Madureira is so radically different and cartoony. Sigh.

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
I'm really going to miss Hitch when Ultimates 2 ends. Madureira is so radically different and cartoony. Sigh.

Me too. Has it been stated what Hitch is doing after this is finished?

ProjectX2 said:
Me too. Has it been stated what Hitch is doing after this is finished?
Yes and no. Long time ago.

Last year when it was said Hitch was exclusive to Marvel through 2008, he said he had lots of projects already in line after U2. One which seems to be the one he said he already had a year head start and that was going to be announced during the summer. But nothing specific.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
Yes and no. Long time ago.

Last year when it was said Hitch was exclusive to Marvel through 2008, he said he had lots of projects already in line after U2. One which seems to be the one he said he already had a year head start and that was going to be announced during the summer. But nothing specific.

Maybe he was supposed to do Civil War but The Ultimates took too long? Unless there's another big project coming out? :x

Nick Fury will probably play a role in the upcoming Parker Legacy arc for Ultimate Spiderman. Do you think that arc will be before or after the recent events in Ultimates? I wanna know when it will be shown in other comics that Fury has one less limb. I think he's the best character in this whole Ultimate Universe.

SlamminSam56 said:
Nick Fury will probably play a role in the upcoming Parker Legacy arc for Ultimate Spiderman. Do you think that arc will be before or after the recent events in Ultimates? I wanna know when it will be shown in other comics that Fury has one less limb. I think he's the best character in this whole Ultimate Universe.

It will probably be before, because Ultimates 2 is supposed to be ahead of all the other titles...

I am so glad the issue came out, i was tired of posting nooooooo! all the time.I'm one of those people that think having Hawkeye kill people with his fingernails was ridiculous. The issue was good besides that point, it's impossible, unless he had wanda's powers or maybe he was really longshot dressed up like hawkeye. For me that kind of ruined it. I guess this just goes to show that a writter can do just about anything and make it cool.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Imagine if Hulk or Thor had been the traitor. I know - it's doesn't make sense. But imagine if Thor had been playing us all this time. Imagine if Thor betrayed the team to make way for the Vikings of Asgard to claim the Earth. It's what he's been saying was going to happen for ages. Now imagine if he tried to do it through peace, but Fury's warmongering sped up the time table and there was no more time for diplomacy and Odin said that they had to strike. So Thor slowly took the team apart from the inside to make it as quick and painless as possible.
I find this idea intriguing, even if it's only an "alternative reality" kind of story. Bass, if Ultimate Marvel doesn't do a story on an Asgardian invasion, would you please write one? I'll volunteer to beta-read it for you.

Last edited:
My personal Pym theory:

he sees the Ultimates mounting an attack on the Liberators and decides he needs to finally do the right thing. He activates an overide of the Ultron robots and orders them to aid in the attack. They do some damage to the invading force and contribute to the win. After the battle is won, Cap comes up to Hank and tells him he won't kill him, but his betrayal can never be "washed clean." Cap leaves and we see hank take a gun and shoot himself. As he's dying, we see his Ultron robots standing over him...

This is meant to be an allusion to how the 616 Vision was originally created from the mind of Wonderman.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back