Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

Re: Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

I don't recall reading Days of Future Past; if I did I don't remember it.

Days of Future Past was the first of the X-Men's possible dark future timelines. The X-Men fail to stop (I think it was) Mystique from assasinating anti-mutant politician Senator Kelly and anti-mutant fervour spins out of control resulting in a world where mutants are hunted by NIMROD sentinels and put in camps or killed. Besides that, all you need to know is that Rachel Grey is Scott & Jean's daughter from that timeline and that this is the classic cover from the issue of Uncanny X-Men that introduced it:
xmen-days-of-future-past.jpg

But you probably knew all of that just from reading comics since then.

Last edited:

Grim Reaper makes a big deal about how he should be dead, but he can't die, can't even kill himself, and then Rogue kills him with one punch? I call shenanigans!

Grim Reaper makes a big deal about how he should be dead, but he can't die, can't even kill himself, and then Rogue kills him with one punch? I call shenanigans!
Or it was all a set up for this:

UNCAVEN2012010COV_col.jpg

UNCANNY AVENGERS #10
RICK REMENDER (W) • DANIEL ACUNA (A)
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

Ragnarök Now continues!
THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF DEATH are unleashed!

Huh, a new take on the legion of the unliving... the four horsemen of death.

Rememder is so great.

Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

I'm still trying to sort through what is information that will be further developed and what things I should know and recognize.

I'm not sure i get what the Apocalypse Twins are, or if there is a significance to their father being Lord Archangel (or if he is THE Archangel - wasn't he A Horseman? Or he got his wings from Apocalypse or something along those lines). And who the mother is...

I believe Archangel mentioned is the Archangel/Warren we know, since the mother was one of the horsemen he used in Uncanny X-Force.

I think she was Pestilence, no?

Also, Archangel/Warren was once a Horseman to Apocalypse himself. He used to be the Horseman of Death.

Last edited:

I believe Archangel mentioned is the Archangel/Warren we know, since the mother was one of the horsemen he used in Uncanny X-Force.

Also, Archangel/Warren was once a Horseman to Apocalypse himself. He used to be the Horseman of Death.
He was also the heir to apocalypse in uncanny x-force. The twins mother is indeed the bug lady from that as well. As for their significance I dunno, they're new and we haven't really seen much of them yet.

And I love Kang.

He was also the heir to apocalypse in uncanny x-force. The twins mother is indeed the bug lady from that as well. As for their significance I dunno, they're new and we haven't really seen much of them yet.

And I love Kang.

Kang has always been my favorite Avengers villain.

I don't particularly love Kang or Apocalypse, but what I do love is that he's using them here and they are just cool.

I'm still trying to sort through what is information that will be further developed and what things I should know and recognize.

I'm not sure i get what the Apocalypse Twins are, or if there is a significance to their father being Lord Archangel (or if he is THE Archangel - wasn't he A Horseman? Or he got his wings from Apocalypse or something along those lines). And who the mother is...

You read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, right? A lot of your questions were answered in that series. But as for Angel's history: he lost his normal wings when the Mauraders crippledthem so badly that they had to be amputated (the Mauraders were a team of mercenary mutants that hunted the Morlocks b/c Sinister paid them to). He went a little crazy b/c of the loss and made a deal with Apocalypse to get new wings. He became Archangel and Apocalypse made him his horseman of death. He was eventually redeemed and I think eventually even cured and turned back to normal Angel again for a while. But the it was revealed that he could still transform into Archangel, but doing so made him lose control a bit and slip back towards his evil persona.

In Remender's run of Uncanny X-Force it was revealed that he was Apocalypse's heir and his evil Archangel persona took over until Psylock wiped his mind and reset his personality and memories. During the time he was acting as Apocalypse's heir, he apparently had sex with Plague (one of his horsemen -the Asian woman who spat out beetles). She got pregnant and had twins, who are now Archangel's heirs. But we didn't know anything about he relationship or the pregnancy until it was shown in Uncanny Avengers.

Which leads to only one question... Who would win in a fight: Kang or Apocalypse?

I just blew my own mind.

Apocalypse. But then Kang would go back in time and try again.

Last edited:

You read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, right? A lot of your questions were answered in that series. But as for Angel's history: he lost his normal wings when the Mauraders crippledthem so badly that they had to be amputated (the Mauraders were a team of mercenary mutants that hunted the Morlocks b/c Sinister paid them to). He went a little crazy b/c of the loss and made a deal with Apocalypse to get new wings. He became Archangel and Apocalypse made him his horseman of death. He was eventually redeemed and I think eventually even cured and turned back to normal Angel again for a while. But the it was revealed that he could still transform into Archangel, but doing so made him lose control a bit and slip back towards his evil persona.

In Remender's run of Uncanny X-Force it was revealed that he was Apocalypse's heir and his evil Archangel persona took over until Psylock wiped his mind and reset his personality and memories. During the time he was acting as Apocalypse's heir, he apparently had sex with Plague (one of his horsemen -the Asian woman who spat out beetles). She got pregnant and had twins, who are now Archangel's heirs. But we didn't know anything about he relationship or the pregnancy until it was shown in Uncanny Avengers.

Perfect - thanks for typing that out. I did read Uncanny X-Force but it was a little while ago, I have a terrible memory, and I kind of raced through it. I need to read it again but most of what you said at least sounds familiar.

Perfect - thanks for typing that out. I did read Uncanny X-Force but it was a little while ago, I have a terrible memory, and I kind of raced through it. I need to read it again but most of what you said at least sounds familiar.

No prob.

Oh right. Pestilence, not Plague. I get confused b/c the other three (war, famine, and death) are right from Revelation chapter 6 in the Bible, but pestilence isnt. In the Bible the first horseman is a conquering ruler who looks similar to Jesus, or the antichrist. #BibleTrivia

Last edited:

So... why did Wolverine recognize Thor's old axe?

Last edited:

So... why did Wolverine recognize Thor's old axe?

Yeah, I was a bit confused by that as well.

And man does Remender hate Genocide. Every time he shows up something horrible happens to him.

It seemed like he specifically recognized the axe. I was confused by that as well.

I plan on getting Rick Remender's autograph at C2E2 - maybe I should ask him.

It seemed like he specifically recognized the axe. I was confused by that as well.

I plan on getting Rick Remender's autograph at C2E2 - maybe I should ask him.

If you do, let us know.

Wolverine's ancestor was involved in the second fight between Thor and Apocalypse when Thor used the axe. But besides that, I really don't know. Although it is very possible that there is more to the story we don't know yet. Like at the end of the issue about young Thor fighting Apocalypse with his magic axe, Kang finds the axe embedded in Baron Mordo's corpse. When did that happen? (Has it happened yet?)

Kang finds the axe embedded in Baron Mordo's corpse. When did that happen? (Has it happened yet?)

The actual killing of Baron Mordo with the axe has not been shown, no.

Latest posts

Back