Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

Re: Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday (spoilers!)

Apparently Uncanny Avengers 8 AU is still part of the story of Uncanny Avengers even though it ties into Age of Ultron. It will be about
Kang training the young Apocalypse twins by taking them to other timelines and having them hunt the avengers

That's a pretty cool idea.

I absolutely love Daniel Acuña's art. #8 is spectacular - I posted a page from it on TCB's Facebook page.

His colors are amazing. I hope he's able to keep a regular enough schedule to stay on this book for a long time. Get a fill-in artist for when he needs it and let him do his thing.

As for the writing - I love the old school narrative this book has. It reminds me of the "they drank the water!" stuff from Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein. It's almost poetic.

I am so glad Bendis is done mediocre-ing the Avengers. This book is everything that's right with comics. 10/10.

So... why did Wolverine recognize Thor's old axe?

I think Wolverine just recognized the Apocalypse kids as something Apocalypsey related.

It seemed like he specifically recognized the axe. I was confused by that as well.

So it turns out ZP was mostly right. Wolverine recognized the Apocalypse twins as bearing a resemblance to Archangel. He reacted when he saw them because he knew this was stuff from his Uncanny X-Force days coming back to haunt him.

So it turns out ZP was mostly right. Wolverine recognized the Apocalypse twins as bearing a resemblance to Archangel. He reacted when he saw them because he knew this was stuff from his Uncanny X-Force days coming back to haunt him.

I think this is right. In that scene in question (in issue #7) Thor is recognizing the ax and Wolverine is recognizing (or realizing) who is holding it.

I was looking at is as they were both looking at the ax, and not realizing what was actually happening when the Horsemen visited Wolverine's ancestor.

I think this is right. In that scene in question (in issue #7) Thor is recognizing the ax and Wolverine is recognizing (or realizing) who is holding it.

I was looking at is as they were both looking at the ax, and not realizing what was actually happening when the Horsemen visited Wolverine's ancestor.

They pretty much spelled out why Wolverine was spooked in #8.

Issue #8AU was interesting. I haven't been following Age of Ultron so I was sort of lost as to what was going on there, but it was pretty irrelevant to the story. Kang is training the Apocalypse twins in various timelines. Such a cool idea. I'm really excited for the big payoff at the end of this arc and what's going to happen with "Red Skull's Onslaught."

Issue #8AU was interesting. I haven't been following Age of Ultron so I was sort of lost as to what was going on there, but it was pretty irrelevant to the story. Kang is training the Apocalypse twins in various timelines. Such a cool idea. I'm really excited for the big payoff at the end of this arc and what's going to happen with "Red Skull's Onslaught."

Yes. This issue was fantastic. And I liked how well Kubert's art meshed with the rest of the series. It's different, but it isn't a drastic change.

I'm also really glad that this didn't tie in too heavily with Age of Ultron. It was a perfect crossover and fit in perfectly with the alternate timelines going on in both books without being too reliant on AU.

I love a good alternate timeline story when done right, and this book does it right.

Kang's trophy room... crazy. He's killed Beast about 3-4 different times in each of his different variations (human and mutated looks). I spent a minute or so naming the characters the 'trophies' belonged to.

Rick Remender talks Uncanny Avengers in this week's X-Position at CBR.

Edit:

Here's a bit about Thor and the axe:

I'm curious if there's a backstory involving how Thor lost his axe Jarnbjorn and the events that led to it being in Baron Mordo's tomb in Brazil. Do you plan on revealing it to the readers or leaving it to our imagination?

In my collaborations with ["Thor: God of Thunder" writer] Jason Aaron it was decided that he would tell that story in the pages of "Thor." When Thor lost the axe, how he lost the axe, and the consequences to him are Jason's story to tell. But from what I know of his plans, it's going to be epic when he gets to it.

Last edited:
Rick Remender talks Uncanny Avengers in this week's X-Position at CBR.

Edit:

Here's a bit about Thor and the axe:

I'm curious if there's a backstory involving how Thor lost his axe Jarnbjorn and the events that led to it being in Baron Mordo's tomb in Brazil. Do you plan on revealing it to the readers or leaving it to our imagination?

In my collaborations with ["Thor: God of Thunder" writer] Jason Aaron it was decided that he would tell that story in the pages of "Thor." When Thor lost the axe, how he lost the axe, and the consequences to him are Jason's story to tell. But from what I know of his plans, it's going to be epic when he gets to it.

that's cool.

I...actually don't like that.

I want issues in this book to be solved in this book. I get that it's related and it's a kind of a unique chance to cross over, but I want it resolved here.

I...actually don't like that.

I want issues in this book to be solved in this book. I get that it's related and it's a kind of a unique chance to cross over, but I want it resolved here.

Yeah, I get that point of view. But I think if Remender has a story in mind that he wants to tell, and the story of Jarnbjorn is peripheral to that main story, I'd rather that he just focus on the story he wants to tell and let another writer tell the other story.

Yeah, I get that point of view. But I think if Remender has a story in mind that he wants to tell, and the story of Jarnbjorn is peripheral to that main story, I'd rather that he just focus on the story he wants to tell and let another writer tell the other story.
Right.

I'm fine with it; It makes more sense for it to be told in the Thor book than here, anyways. The story of how he lost the axe isn't integral or of any importance to what Remender is telling in this series. The important part was that the axe needed to be enchanted and eventually be retrieved by Kang. Everything else in between is irrelevant to the overall grand story.

See, I disagree. The issue of Thor losing Jarnbjorn and, therefore, how it happened seem very much integral to this story.

Latest posts

Back