Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

Remender interview at CBR....

"The Apocalypse twins showed up before that event happened and have derailed it," Remender told CBR News. "We saw the major seven timelines referred to in one of the early stories in Brian Michael Bendis' Heroic Age "Avengers" series. It involved future Iron Man and his timeline map, where the one point breaks and turns into seven -- this is what Immortus is talking about. It involves the Red Skull and I can't say anything else about it. I hate to be cagey, but that would be a big spoiler.

The Bendis Heroic Age Avengers was so bad I blocked it out of my memory. What happened?

the timeline goes crazy and starts pulling random things/people from different eras into the present. Kang shows up and tells the Avengers he needs their help. He tried fighting Ultron in the future and lost, so he went back in time (relative to him, still in the future for the Avengers) and fought him over and over with different armies until he finally won. But in doing so, he damaged the timeline. So he teamed up with future Iron Man and Hulk and the Avengers' kids to stop his past self from destroying the timeline. They end up talking Ultron into pretending to lose so the timeline isn't destroyed. Then there was some sort of betrayal by someone at the end... I don't remember what happened there. But it also was set up that Ultron was eventually coming to take over the world and kill everyone, and there was nothing they could do to stop it, which set up for Age of Ultron.

The important thing regarding Uncanny Avengers is this picture:

avengers2page.png

And this is Future Iron Man's time map, which Remender referenced:
avengers.jpg

Last edited:
OK, thanks.

Any idea what issue(s) those are in?

How many end of the world/massive disaster stories can one universe experience before it crumbles from either temporal unraveling or fan exhaustion?

Well, I don't know about temporal unravelling, but fan exhaustion is cured by a refreshingly good story, which this is. Based on Remender's past work, and the interview Ice posted, I'd say he has really thought this through and will write a story so good that I'll never think, "Seriously?! Again?!"

I'm disappointed that Daniel Acuna is not going to be on for whatever this is because I love his art, but the book is so good and McNiven is solid. I hope Acuna comes back after this though.

Who's hand is that?

I wondered the same thing. I couldn't tell if we were supposed to be able to tell.

Man, I love this book. I have no clue what's happening at the moment, but I can't wait to see where this all leads!!

It's so good. I love that there is so much happening and I really, truly have no idea where it will lead or what will happen.

When the Horsemen were revealed however many months ago I hadn't realized how perfectly chosen they were. They fit incredibly well, and they were just introduced.

It's so good. I love that there is so much happening and I really, truly have no idea where it will lead or what will happen.

When the Horsemen were revealed however many months ago I hadn't realized how perfectly chosen they were. They fit incredibly well, and they were just introduced.

Yeah, I remember thinking, "Daken and Grim Reaper make sense, but Banshee? AND SENTRY?!?! ugh"

But I never thought about the fact that Banshee would have a vendetta against the Summers brothers because of Vulcan killing him and Scott killing Prof X (man, poor Havok's family has gotten messed up in recent years. And it always was messed up). Nor did I think about the fact that Thor killed Sentry and they needed someone powerful to deal with Thor. And then there's the fact that Rogue and Sentry... have history. But I would be okay if that never came up again.

Anyway, it's just so good.

Yeah, I remember thinking, "Daken and Grim Reaper make sense, but Banshee? AND SENTRY?!?! ugh"

But I never thought about the fact that Banshee would have a vendetta against the Summers brothers because of Vulcan killing him and Scott killing Prof X (man, poor Havok's family has gotten messed up in recent years. And it always was messed up). Nor did I think about the fact that Thor killed Sentry and they needed someone powerful to deal with Thor. And then there's the fact that Rogue and Sentry... have history. But I would be okay if that never came up again.

Anyway, it's just so good.

Yep, exactly. Everything either fits perfectly or is a perfect piece of a much larger puzzle that makes sense.

And I can't stop raving about the art. I absolutely love it.

There's so much story with this that as long as they aren't going to keep Acuna on full time I'd like to see something like they are doing on Avengers and just have a rotation of artists so they could put the book out twice a month.

Preview pages for #11 had a panel with Magneto with hair, but reading the issue he didn't have it. Anyone else also had him without it?

Latest posts

Back