Avengers Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender (spoilers!)

I bet he doesn't do laundry.

Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you." - Zechariah 3:3-4

Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you." - Zechariah 3:3-4

Kinky

I read through all of Uncanny X Force and Uncanny Avengers this weekend. Why aren't all comics this good?

I read through all of Uncanny X Force and Uncanny Avengers this weekend. Why aren't all comics this good?

It's such fun. I just re-read #15 in order to get back up to speed on the story with the new issue coming this week. I feel like anything can happen and that lack of predictability makes it more enjoyable. There aren't a lot of books out there that don't feel predictable.

No punches pulled, eh? Some writers use time travel to do a bunch of meaningless crap (Bendis) but this feels like the complete opposite of that.

No punches pulled, eh? Some writers use time travel to do a bunch of meaningless crap (Bendis) but this feels like the complete opposite of that.

Nah. Remender has killed off so many characters in the past few issues, some of which obviously can't stay dead, and Remender has a tendency to tell these big stories that put everything back in their boxes by the end.

Generally I really like his stuff. I even dug his first arc of Captain America (haven't caught up on it since then, but intend to), but I'm not as over-the-moon with this book as everyone else seems to be. It's a bit of a jumbled, unfocused mess.

Wow Daniel Acuña's art is pretty.

I really love it. He's my favorite current artist. So glad to see him back on this book.

He also did at least a couple really great variants for this book and Avengers proper. They are incredible.

#18 was great as usual. Spider-Girl is obviously from Earth X - do we know what the other people are from?

It's a bit of a jumbled, unfocused mess.

It doesn't seem jumbled or unfocused at all to me. There is a LOT going on. The story is complex and there are several plot threads that are still dangling.

It's a bit of a jumbled, unfocused mess.

It doesn't seem jumbled or unfocused at all to me. There is a LOT going on. The story is complex and there are several plot threads that are still dangling.

I thought it was jumbled and unfocused until this last issue. The plot to get to this point was SO confusing, especially being read month by month. But I feel like the story has come into focus a bit now that the world has been destroyed and Alex and Kang are teaming up to go back in time and fix it.

Yeah, they said where they were all from when they were recruited in issue #14.

But that was like 4 months ago! How do they expect us to remember stuff like that?!

The plot to get to this point was SO confusing, especially being read month by month.

I'm been following everything just fine.

Guess I'm just awesome like that. 8)

This is funny because I'm the worst at remembering things (see above) and following complex plots, and I've been following and understanding everything just fine. I haven't found it to be the least bit jumbled or confusing.

I'm been following everything just fine.

Guess I'm just awesome like that. 8)

This is funny because I'm the worst at remembering things (see above) and following complex plots, and I've been following and understanding everything just fine. I haven't found it to be the least bit jumbled or confusing.

Maybe you guys are just used to being confused so this hasn't seemed any different :p

Latest posts

Back