UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 12/27/06

This is starting to become less about wolverine and the hulk and more about wolverine losing random body parts and trying to find them again.

also, why is it that every time there is a talking bear in the ultimate universe it completely steals the show?

why is it that every time there is a talking bear in the ultimate universe it completely steals the show?

when else ahs there been a talking bear in the UU?

except Grizzly or whatever in Cable's Sixpack, but he didn't really steal the show did he?

This is starting to become less about wolverine and the hulk and more about wolverine losing random body parts and trying to find them again.

also, why is it that every time there is a talking bear in the ultimate universe it completely steals the show?

Is it that frequent of an occurence?

when else ahs there been a talking bear in the UU?

except Grizzly or whatever in Cable's Sixpack, but he didn't really steal the show did he?

THere has been only 1 other. In the UF arc in russia (issue 47 or something?)

The latest issue was pretty wacky. I noticed another Lost easter egg - the Dharma logo on the pretzel bag.

I like this mini though. I would like to see Lindelof write more comics when Lost has finished so they can actually come out on time.

The latest issue was pretty wacky. I noticed another Lost easter egg - the Dharma logo on the pretzel bag.

I like this mini though. I would like to see Lindelof write more comics when Lost has finished so they can actually come out on time.

Agree. The preview didn't give this issue justice. After where the preview ended it got a lot better. I was kinda weary about
Wolverine just being a head and breathing through his skin.
But it seem to work.

This was fun and light, but I'm not comfortable with the immortality that Wolverine and Hulk have. Kinda kills the drama and makes it a bit too 'out-there'. But it's actually kinda become a comedy and it's still entertaining.

Last edited:
Agree. The preview didn't give this issue justice. After where the preview ended it got a lot better. I was kinda weary about
Wolverine just being a head and breathing through his skin.
But it seem to work.

I disagree with the preview being bad. It actually felt like one of the normal cold opens in Lost before the title shows. I can imagine the suspenseful Lost music when the panda tells Wolverine that his head was cut off. It reminded me of the weird dream Hurley had with Jin and a guy in a chicken costume.

****. This. Comic.

Yeah. I said it.

We've been waiting how many years? For this? A half-hearted effort of a mini in which nothing happens and everything is told in flashbacks? Betty is now She-Hulk...but never shows any signs of this during Grand Theft America?

It's stupid. And then the most blatant Abrams product placement-----a bootleg copy of Star Trek that is supposed to come out "in a month".....in in 2006? 2007?

I'm actually mad at myself for reading this any further than issue #3. Stupid Doom.

Oh, Doomy. Doom Doom Doomy.

It's obvious than in #6 they'll explain why Bettie ain't Shulkie nomore. Let's just see if that synchs up before we lambast it.

Also - it's kinda fun. It's not great, it's okay.

The series is drawn out but that just gives the reader insight into the quality of writing that went into this line. It makes me sad to think such writing is a thing of he past. I hope lindeloff writes for the ultimate universe again after we excise loeb.

Looking forward to the next issues!

meh
so this is marginally entertaining, but I'm not super impressed.

Wolverine has turned into Sawyer with the nick names. The head thing was over the top (ripping his legs off wasn't enough, apparently). Forge invented a tuning fork that can phase his molecules through solid walls? The chapter titles were silly, the flashbacks are getting old, and the weird dream/vision with teh spirit panda was rather pointless.

But it was better than Ultimatum.

NO!

I'd rather read Ultimates3 and Ultimatum back-to-back rather than read another page of this.

I'm in a right foul mood.

Latest posts

Back