V for Vendetta movie discussion

Alright, I just saw this movie and it was G*d D*mn pretty F*cking good. I've never read the trade and I'm glad I didn't because I think that would have made me all gay and nitpicky like some of the other people earlier and just about everybody on here after the first Spiderman movie. Because I didn't have any expectations, except that I hope I didn't just waste 20 dollars by coming here with a date, I was blown away, figuratively. I loved this movie kinda the same way I loved SinCity last year. I might read the trade this year or next year when ever the frenzy dies down (along with the prices). V's honest about killing people was funny as hell. Because he always said, "Yes." Classic. 10/10.

DIrishB said:
That was deep...I can see how you got into Notre Dame with expositions like that.

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
:furious:

:lol:

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
I must! I must! I must increase my bust!

:shock:

Ok...which is sadder? The fact that you quoted Cherie Johnson from "Punky Brewster".....or......me for knowing it? :? :oops: :wink: :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
:shock:

Ok...which is sadder? The fact that you quoted Cherie Johnson from "Punky Brewster".....or......me for knowing it? :? :oops: :wink: :lol:

The latter, obviously. :roll:

Aaaaaaaannnnnd, Ice's subnic.

(Jeez, I still can't get used to all these shortened cooler names)

you for knowing it.

and me for having a sister who had a punky brewster doll.

im ashamed that it was in my house.

Synch said:
I've never read the trade and I'm glad I didn't because I think that would have made me all gay and nitpicky

You read it here, folks.

Reading is for homos; Real men don't need fancy words or the grammars when they have Pictures and Women (and Pictures of Women)

tmyk.jpg

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
You read it here, folks.

Reading is for homos; Real men don't need fancy words or the grammars when they have Pictures and Women (and Pictures of Women)

tmyk.jpg
ahahahahahhahaha!

Dr.Strangefate said:
You read it here, folks.

tmyk.jpg
Words make you crave Man Love.

FACT.

LOVED IT.

I can understand why Alan Moore would be pissed; some important things were lost but I thought worked nicely.

Heck, my wife liked it. The only reason she agreed to go is because she had a secret plan to make me see Failure to Launch, which you'll be pleased to know I thwarted. But she really liked V for Vendetta; she talked about it the whole way home.

E said:
LOVED IT.

I can understand why Alan Moore would be pissed; some important things were lost but I thought worked nicely.

Heck, my wife liked it. The only reason she agreed to go is because she had a secret plan to make me see Failure to Launch, which you'll be pleased to know I thwarted. But she really liked V for Vendetta; she talked about it the whole way home.

I think he was pissed about something to do with the breakfast they made.

thee great one said:
I think he was pissed about something to do with the breakfast they made.

:?

I thought it was because he wrote the story so it couldn't be adapted into a movie, and then read the script and didn't like it.

thee great one said:
V For Vendetta Film vs Comic

This is a great comparison of what makes the two different. I highly suggest reading this.

That was an interesting article.

It's also fun to look at Rotten Tomatoes for the review.

74% of positive reviews out of 140 reviewer. What's amusing is how polarized these reviews are. Most the positive one are very flattering but those that are a thumbs down are a thumb WAY down, with very harsh words.

Amusingly, the proportion of negative reviews is not too far from Bush's approval rating... :wink:

Last edited:
One of the things he didn't like was that "Eggy in a Basket" isn't a british breakfast food.

And that they called the mail FedCo... even though Britain isn't a Federal Government.

My biggest problem with the film was the loss of the Voice of Fate... I didn't like how they turned Prothero into Bill O'Reily.

Dr.Strangefate said:
One of the things he didn't like was that "Eggy in a Basket" isn't a british breakfast food.

V is a culture bulimic for anything European or American. The Shadow Gallery is hardly filled exclusively with English art and music. In the comic we never see V cooking, but if he were to I wouldn't neccessarily expect him to cook something English.

I'm surprised Moore Himself had a problem with that.

(of course, Gordon followed suit and cooked the same thing, but hey, no biggie)

Latest posts

Back