V for Vendetta movie discussion

It didn't suck!

Yeah, I know. Not as good as the comic. Who expected otherwise?

But the spirit of the comic was there. Some of the change where so-so. For example, I prefered Evey being out of curfew turning (her first) trick. It's more desperate. And of course plenty of details were omitted, details that made the comic so good.

But all in all, it's solid entertainment and it's a joy to listen to V's sophisticated dialogue.

I just finished the trade. If the movie is anything, ANYTHING like this book, then it will be one of my most favourite movies ever.

But I'll see.

Today I saw both V for Vendetta, and Crash.

Isn't it great to see two really awesome movies in one day?

Now, I haven't read the graphic novel, so this was my first look at an of this. Anyway, this was a fantastic, fantastic movie. I can't think of a single criticism. Natalie Portman gave a brilliant performance and proved that she even looks gorgeous with a buzz cut.

Hugo Weaving was just tremendous as V. I mean, the fact that it was all voice and body language and still managed to be great really says something.

The direction, cinematography, music, sound, and effects were all flawless.

10/10. See this one on the big screen!

I have to wait until March 30th for it... :(

What did you expect? You live in Atlantis.

---

Guys, you noticed how many alitteration V did with the letter V when he introduced himself to Evey. That was great.

And I loved the bit when Evey asks him who he is. He says essentially it's not who but what, and what he is is a man in mask. She says she noticed that. "I wasn't doubting your power of observation. Merely pointing out the paradox of asking the identity of a man wearing a mask." That made me laugh out loud in the theatre, though I was pretty much the only one.

Last edited:
Holy crap. They actually used that speech as part of V's dialogue? Bass posted that before, and it doesn't even make sense. It's stupid.

this movie was freaking awesome. as someone previously stated, some of the details were left out, but that was necessary to get it to fit in the movie. however, the overall theme and message was the same. all in all, freaking awesome. everyone should see this movie.

Oh yeah, one thing I was dispointed in is that they evacuated the notion of Anarchy.

Such a small yet important detail. That's my main regret for this movie.

ProjectX2 said:
Holy crap. They actually used that speech as part of V's dialogue? Bass posted that before, and it doesn't even make sense.

Of course it does.

If you ask to a masked man "who are you?", he can hardly answer without defeating the purpose of the mask. That piece of dialogue was a sophisticated and entertaining way to get that point across.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Oh yeah, one thing I was dispointed is that they evacuated the notion of Anarchy.

Of course it does.

If you ask to a masked man "who are you", he can hardly answer without defeating the purpose of the mask. That piece of dialogue was a sophisticated and entertaining way to get that point across.

I want to see you and Bass argue now.

E.Vi.L. said:
Guys, you noticed how many alitteration V did with the letter V when he introduced himself to Evey. That was great.

I loved that part. I didn't realized how many perfectly compatable words started with the letter V.

Several people laughed at the mask line in my theatre too. I still think the funniest line in the movie was:
"So do you know what's going to happen?"
"No, it was just a feeling."
That one got a big laugh from me and lots of others.:lol:

Hey, Planet-Man, you are quoting me in your sig?! :shock:

That particularly silly question has an infamous history in my group of friends. They'll be amazed it made its way as far as Toronto! :lol:

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Oh yeah, one thing I was dispointed in is that they evacuated the notion of Anarchy.

i agree...that's my only complaint for this otherwise fantastic film. as a fan of the graphic novel long before the movie was ever made, i was quite pleased to see how well it translated onto film.

Last edited:
While I was watching V for Vendetta, (and this is no joke) a spider came down, like 2 rows in fron of me (I sat in the middle of the seats, so the spider came down in front of the middle of the screen). It came down like it did in the Spider-Man movie, than up, down again, then up one more time, and disapeared.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back