Venture Bros. Season Four

I am happy to see them finally giving some emotional development to the boys... I'm excited to see some change in them over this season... More than anything I am just so ****ing glad it's back... even though there's going to be a break between episode eight and episode nine... I just can't wait to see it all. I've watched this one twice already.

I am happy to see them finally giving some emotional development to the boys... I'm excited to see some change in them over this season... More than anything I am just so ****ing glad it's back... even though there's going to be a break between episode eight and episode nine... I just can't wait to see it all. I've watched this one twice already.

I gotta agree with you. Though, my one complaint is Dean becoming a whiney cry baby. In seasons 1-3 he seems a bit more confident, more willing to be a "boy adventurer", I'm sure they did this to differentiate him with Hank, but it's kinda wearing on my nerves when he just starts screeching and crying.

I mean, Dean is getting traumatized and traumatized, and I trust them enough to wrap up his story arc... I mean, I'm not confident he'll come out of it as a fully confident, young hero, but I do think we're going to see a more three dimensional Dean this season.

Also: S.P.H.I.N.X.!!!!! Awesome! Can't wait to see some epic O.S.I. vs. S.P.H.I.N.X. battles.

Last edited:
I mean, Dean is getting traumatized and traumatized, and I trust them enough to wrap up his story arc... I mean, I'm not confident he'll come out of it as a fully confident, young hero, but I do think we're going to see a more three dimensional Dean this season.

Also: S.P.H.I.N.X.!!!!! Awesome! Can't wait to see some epic O.S.I. vs. S.P.H.I.N.X. battles.

I hope so, cus Hank's getting a lot of the love lately. As to the OSI v SPHINX thing, am I the only one that thinks the core of Hunter's plan is to ferret out the Guild infestation of OSI?

I saw the episode on their website and couldn't really get into the episode, the narrative was so jumbled up I could maintain focus.

What I like about this episode (and it's hard to tell if it's going to be indicative of the whole season) is that it seems slightly more optimistic than the episodes of the past. The prior seasons seemed to make failure a pretty strong theme, and while it worked really well, I look forward to the characters moving past the failures of the past and moving past the ghosts of the past. Hank and Dean no longer have the safety net of the clones, Brock finally has a mission that extends beyond babysitting, and Sgt. Hatred is getting an opportunity to do something with himself. I may be wrong about it, and I guess we'll have to wait and see, but that's something I'm looking forward to.

As for Dean being a cry-baby.... Well, he's his father's son, and after all the trauma he's been through, it makes sense.

Yeah... that was kind of brilliant. This season seems like it's going to have a different yet incredibly fun status quo and I'm excited. This is the first time I will be watching this show at the same time as everyone else. :D

I had only seen the finale of season three up until this point. It was great, but I could tell that a big part of its enjoyment was brought about by continuity nods and such.

I've only watched the handful of episodes availible on Hulu, but I'm impressed and hoping for more.

Also: Molotov is ugly. She's an interesting character, but she's ugly.

Last edited:
I found it a little too confusing and jarring to really be enjoyable.

It kinda coasted on three seasons of love. I'm not too happy with Hatred as his voice is too similar to Hank's.

But there was of course some good elements like Rusty's reaction to Nazis wanting to clone Hitler, and Dr Orpheus is always super-awesome.

I think it was kind of a stalled start. Maybe I'd like it more if I re-watched it or saw the season 3 finale just prior to seeing this.

I found it a little too confusing and jarring to really be enjoyable.

It kinda coasted on three seasons of love. I'm not too happy with Hatred as his voice is too similar to Hank's.

But there was of course some good elements like Rusty's reaction to Nazis wanting to clone Hitler, and Dr Orpheus is always super-awesome.

I think it was kind of a stalled start. Maybe I'd like it more if I re-watched it or saw the season 3 finale just prior to seeing this.

I think the premiere would have been instantly better if it were old linearly. Sometimes and episode can take that concept and work brilliantly but here it was just to damn confusing specially for the start of a season.

Yeah... I liked how it used the CGC rating to tell 'when' it was happening, but it... I dunno. I think it was a bit too clever for its own good. :/

I thought it made the comic thing funnier. And the fact that the Hitler they kept talking about was a dog.

Yeah... I liked how it used the CGC rating to tell 'when' it was happening, but it... I dunno. I think it was a bit too clever for its own good. :/

It was a clever framing device, just didn't hold up in this case.

Latest posts

Back