Venture Bros. Season Four

STOP STEALING MY AWESOME!

I loved this episode. It was so damn funny. Rusty not bothering to photocopy both sides of the fake money. Monarch trying to pass one of his henchmen off as Hank. Captain Sunshine. I loved the way Hank "fought", narrating every single move he did. The "Bombarded with the same solar radiation that gives him his strength" bit (so delightfully obvious).

This whole episode was gold from start to finish.

High above the mucky-muck, castle made of clouds,
There sits Wonderboy, sitting oh so proudly.
Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck.
Yeah, yeah.
Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now?

Now it's time for me to tell you about Young Nastyman,
archrival and nemesis of Wonderboy, with powers comparable to Wonderboy.
What powers you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight?
That do anything for ya? That's levitation holmes.
How 'bout the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away...
with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle.
How 'bout the power... to move you?

History of Wonderboy and Young Nastyman,
Riggah-goo-goo, riggah-goo-goog.
A secret to be told, a gold chest to be bold,
And blasting forth with three-part harmony, go!
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from that mucky-muck man?

When Wonderboy and Young Nastyman joined forces;
they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen,
and they called themselves Tenacious D. That's right,
Me! And KG!
That's me.
We're now Tenacious D!
Come fly with me, fly!

Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from the mucky-muck now,
Oh!

Take my hand!
Young Nastyman, we're gonna fly!
Bring out your broadsword.
There's the hydra.
Slice his throat!
And grab his scrote.
You take the high road,
I'll take the low.
There, the crevasse,
Fill it with your mighty juice.

Wonderboy!

I want a Captain Sunshine/Batman crossover cartoon short. "Could I borrow one of your Wonderboys?" "Hh."

La-la-la-la...
Wonder boy, life's just begun.
Turn your sorrow into wonder
Dream alone, don't sigh, don't groan
Life is only what you wonder.
Day is as light as your brightest dreams,
Night is as dark as you feel it ought to be.
Time is as fast as the slowest thing,
Life is only...

Wonder boy,
Wonder boy.
Everybody is looking for the sun.
People strain their eyes to see,
But I see you and you see me,
And ain't that wonder?

Wonder boy, some mothers son,
Life is full of work and plunder.
Easy go, life is not real,
Life is only what you conjure.

Wonder boy,
And the world is joy, every single day.
Its the real mccoy,
Wonder boy.
Everybody is looking for the sun.
People strain their eyes to see,
But I see you and you see me,
And ain't that wonder?

Wonder boy, some mothers son,
Turn your sorrow into wonder
Dream alone, go have your fun.
Life is only...
Life is only...
Life is only...

I take your Tenacious D and raise you a Kinks.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that found the last few minutes of last night's episode (the talks between Rusty & Sheila, 21 & The Monarch, 21 & the Boys, and Hatred solo) far more touching and sincere than the status quo?

Am I the only one that found the last few minutes of last night's episode (the talks between Rusty & Sheila, 21 & The Monarch, 21 & the Boys, and Hatred solo) far more touching and sincere than the status quo?
No, I noticed the same thing. Rusty and Sheila especially. There was a level of maturity there that I'm not used to seeing on this show.

And just enough threatening to murder midgets and feed them to dogs to keep the episode from feeling off.

I really liked it to.

I was kind of hoping that Tinyfeet was just getting robbed and Hatred mistook it for really kinky stuff. That just seems funnier to me.

As for who killed 24...I'm guessing either the Moppets, Molotov, or some disgruntled henchman of the Monarch's. Like the original Number 1.

You know whats weird?

For as long as I remember I've listened to Progressive Rock while I do homework, especially stuff involving writing.

It really helps your ideas get in motion. This made the Perchance to Dean episode wicked awesome to me.

I felt from the first episode that the show was moving into a newer, more positive direction, with the sort of suffocating theme of failure that's lingered over the first few seasons fading to the background as the characters mature and find their roles in life, and then with the following two episodes, that feeling fell off. The last few minutes of this episode made me grin in the same way the end of the first ep did, with the Brock/Hank hug.

But this last episode totally reaffirmed it. So far, it's easily the best episode of the season, and one of the best yet from any season. I feel like taking away the vat full of clones has really grounded the series and given a new dimension to characters (particularly Rusty) who were running the risk of getting stale from just being too misanthropic. If I were to peg the major shift in direction, I'd say it started with the ORB episode, where Rusty decides to tuck the relic away and leave it alone. But this episode really hit it home. Despite really loving episodes like Return to the House of Mummies (Part Two), I think this show is really strongest when it focuses on these smaller scale, more intimate stories. They can't get away with it all the time, and the whole shift from one wild spectrum to another is what keeps the show so innovative, but the presence of big, loud episodes just punctuates how great the show is when it draws close in on the characters.

I love Venture Bros. sooooooooooo much.

What would Giant Boy Detective do?

Nope. I'm with you on that.

Thought it took me a while to remember Dr Girlfriend's name is Sheila. :oops:

You know whats weird?

For as long as I remember I've listened to Progressive Rock while I do homework, especially stuff involving writing.

It really helps your ideas get in motion. This made the Perchance to Dean episode wicked awesome to me.

I need to get into prog rock. I have Lark's Tongue in Aspic by King Crimson and it's not nearly enough.

I hate to admit it, I'm loving Hatred's slipping into "his dark place".

The truth behind the orb was very anti-climactic

BUT

Phantom Limb and his "team", plus the two-headed guy were freaking hysterical

Bass said:
I need to get into prog rock. I have Lark's Tongue in Aspic by King Crimson and it's not nearly enough.

You shouldn't get into King Crimson at this stage in your training, you could turn out to be an evil internet messiah. I would suggest something accesible like Asia, but why not jump into some primo ****, all you have to do is say Yes.

Avoid Floyd holes.

Also, Rush is a good a place as any to get into Prog rock, sure they can often be seen as the poster boys that kinda cliche the genre (not my view, not even close personally I love them), but they kinda stradle the line between something purely Prog like Yes and something more Hard Rock in nature like Led Zeppelin, so you can acquire a taste for Prog over-time instead of diving in head first and being turned off by something minor. I'd suggest Moving Pictures, Hemispheres, or Farewell to Kings.

Last edited:
This was epic.

Man, oh, man. I don't even know where to start. It's nice to see Rusty bonding with Dean.

Yup, it be nice if he bonded with Hank too, though it seems Dead being the "favorite" is the point.

I can really see Hank and Dermit signing up for OSI in some manner by the end of the season.

Can you imagine those two in basic training?

Latest posts

Back