Venture Bros. Season Four

I'm on the last two episodes of season three, which I will most likely watch Saturday morning.

I love how they took this silly concept, and made such a rich history off of it.

So I am caught up, and saw the season 4 opener.

My thoughts about the series in general. It's a great concept, take the outdated Johnny Quest cartoon, and give it humor, and an incredible rich backstory. I do enjoy the risks they seem to take to tell these stories, by this I mean the way they tell them, through random jumps, or the cartoon of Ricky, the incredible season enders which completely change the status quo, stuff like that.

Watching the season opener though, was tough to follow. Beginning at the end, and ending at the whatever they ended with was kinda rough. It really hurt the brain. I didn't like how they chose to tell the story it told, but I did enjoy the story it told.

My thoughts about the series in general. It's a great concept, take the outdated Johnny Quest cartoon, and give it humor, and an incredible rich backstory. I do enjoy the risks they seem to take to tell these stories, by this I mean the way they tell them, through random jumps, or the cartoon of Ricky, the incredible season enders which completely change the status quo, stuff like that.

Watching the season opener though, was tough to follow. Beginning at the end, and ending at the whatever they ended with was kinda rough. It really hurt the brain. I didn't like how they chose to tell the story it told, but I did enjoy the story it told.

I was a little confused the first time but enjoyed it thoroughly the second. The scenes at the compound progress in reverse order, while the Brock scenes move in the typical forward linear manner.

a few signposts to keep in mind to keep the season 4 opener straight

The length of Hank's hair
The CGC rating of Marvel Comics #1
Orpheus's Costume
Brock's hair/weight

their's probably a couple more

That's exactly it. Well put.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one's said anything about last night's episode. Definitely one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

"You broke my heart Hank! You BROKE MY HEART!!"

I ****ing loved it... Took me forever to find it last night and all the effort I put into it was totally worth it. It was brilliant.

It was pretty great. :D

"Would you like to talk about it? I too know the terrible pain of love, the hollowness when one is just going through the motions of life. Like a living ghost. or a robot."
"Well, thank you Ghost Robot, but I'm better now."

It was pretty great. :D

"Would you like to talk about it? I too know the terrible pain of love, the hollowness when one is just going through the motions of life. Like a living ghost. or a robot."
"Well, thank you Ghost Robot, but I'm better now."

I loved how they were all part of the nightly news team.

I loved the bit at the end. "You think you could introduce me to Batman?"

Venom Melendez said:
Man, 21 took a level in badass.

Yeah. Homeboy's got some guns.

Introducing the NEW COPTER 5!!!

coooooopter fiiiiiive

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back