Venture Bros. Season Four

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I was searching for a VB topic and I found it way down the list. That's a tragedy. This show is so good, there should be a stickied post so it's always at the top of the forum. Apparently there's a thread devoted to season three but not to the show in general, so I figured it's time for a reboot. The new season starts in a week and a half, and I'm giddy with excitement. The season will be sixteen episodes rather than thirteen, and split into two sets, the first aired in the winter, the second in the summer.

The new teaser trailer is THE GREATEST THING EVER! (scroll down to the second post)

That video, just had so much awesome in it.

Too much awesome.

Apparently Bill Hader is the new voice of Professor Richard Impossible, so no more Stephen Colbert :C, oh well Hader's voice is a good substitute

That video, just had so much awesome in it.

Too much awesome.

Apparently Bill Hader is the new voice of Professor Richard Impossible, so no more Stephen Colbert :C, oh well Hader's voice is a good substitute

All in all, I think Hader is a much funnier comedian, and he can bring more range to the character.

Last edited:
I'm you from the future, we need to finish our time machine. Before the angels of destruction find the portal!

awesome

I also like how it looks like Hank is following Action Johnny's footsteps into freaked out guilt ridden nut job land

I like how this show constantly reimagines itself each season. That's something rare in TV, where the shows generally fall into the same routine year after year. But holy ****! Sgt. Hatred replacing Brock!

"I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad! Hitler just needs someone to believe in him!" :D

The Bowie tease was the most exciting part for me.

Last edited:
I am so behind in this show. Time to steal the DVDs.

I just watched all three seasons of this over the weekend. Bring on Season 4!

Season opener!

They had to establish a new status quo and there was a whole lot to establish. Too much for one episode. The Hitler thing was kinda funny and the comic book was a good running joke. Gathers is one of my favorite characters so her/his presence was much appreciated, but this show always suffers from The Monarch's absence. It was a decent episode, but nothing spectacular. Now that we've established things hopefully the season will pick up next week.

3/5

Season opener!

They had to establish a new status quo and there was a whole lot to establish. Too much for one episode. The Hitler thing was kinda funny and the comic book was a good running joke. Gathers is one of my favorite characters so her/his presence was much appreciated, but this show always suffers from The Monarch's absence. It was a decent episode, but nothing spectacular. Now that we've established things hopefully the season will pick up next week.

3/5

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:cry:

I missed it! I didn't realize! Is it onDemand * checks *

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cry:

Season opener!

3/5

It would seem that Gathers is still male though. The episodes ending was somewhat confusing.

I watched it on adult swim.com today, it took me a minute to get what was going on with the backwards storytelling. I did like that the random OSI character "Shoreleave" made a reappearance though. Also, the comic book was worked in really well.

It was funny. In comparison to other VB episodes, I think McCheese's score was about right, but in comparison to TV in general, I don't think I'd rank any episode below a 4. I want to make love to this show.

But yeah, it felt like some possible humor was lost because of all the ground they had to cover, but it was just chock full of guest spots and fan service. All in all, a lot of fun, and an interesting tease for the rest of the season. It should be a pretty big directional shift for the series.

I don't agree about the Monarch though. I like the guy, but some of my favorite episodes don't feature him at all.

Latest posts

Back