So, What did you think?

• Total voters
This movie has its own ****ing definition of bullets. It's faster than the Matrix. It's cooler than the Matrix. It's almost as innovative as the Matrix (why are you twisting my words and making it sound like I'm saying that it is as or more innovative than the Matrix?). It's an adrenaline rush (as is the Matrix, but the Matrix incorporates all that sci-fi ****).

The Matrix is one of the coolest and most innovative action flicks of all time, but Wanted is like, a million times cooler. I'd watch it over the Matrix any day. Keanu can't act to save his life. Morgan Freeman kicks Laurence Fishburne's ***. Angelina Jolie is ten times hotter than Carrie Ann Moss. The Fraternity is so much cooler than the Human Resistance and all that bull****. Wanted was a thousand times more satisfying than the Matrix - it doesn't delve into too much meaning (besides fate and destiny), it's just pure action. You don't need to think about it. I can probably relate to Wesley Gibson more than any other movie character (not talking about his comic book counterpart, though they are very similar).

And curving ****ing bullets is a thousand times cooler than just shooting them and watching the air ripple before your eyes.

Not to mention the mile-long sniper rifle shot.

Not to mention
stopping the tip of a machete with the nozzle of your gun, breaking the blade, and plunging it into a dude's stomach.

Not to mention
telling your boss to "shut the **** up," walking over, and smacking your cheating best friend on the face with a keyboard, having it break, and in slow-motion, having the broken keys spell "**** YOU" chilling alongside the mother****er's flying tooth.

And not to mention Morgan Freeman
yelling "Shoot this mother****er" and making Samuel L. Jackson look like Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies.

"What the **** have you done lately?"

:shock:

This sounds like the stupidest movie ever made.

Words can't describe how awesome it is, so it's obvious that it comes off as "stupid." You can't even begin to understand its full awesomeness from reading that paragraph.

The reviews suggest that this movie is pretty faithful to the comic in all the right ways, even as it strips itself bare of the superhero trappings.

And as a big crazy as fan of Wanted, that's what I want.

Also, any movie that lets Morgan Freeman break his sagely wise Negro mold is at least worth considering IMHO.

The reviews suggest that this movie is pretty faithful to the comic in all the right ways, even as it strips itself bare of the superhero trappings.

And as a big crazy as fan of Wanted, that's what I want.

Also, any movie that lets Morgan Freeman break his sagely wise Negro mold is at least worth considering IMHO.

The thing is....the comic book is HEAVILY "inspired" by previous comic books (every character is pretty much based on or is a parody of an existing comic book character....i.e. Solomon Seltzer equals Dr. Sivana, ****head is Clayface, Sucker is Parasite, Wesley is Deadshot, ****wit is Bizarro, etc....and there are even little "cameos" by like, Carnage and Mr. Freeze and Green Goblin and Gorilla Grodd and Zoom and Darkseid and Huntress....only colored differently). HOWEVER, it goes beyond that with innovative ideas and whatnot.

Wanted the Movie takes a lot of inspiration from the Matrix obviously (but what action movie nowadays doesn't?), but it goes beyond just being another carbon copy of the Matrix and introduces some kickass ideas.

I still don't see why this movie is even called Wanted for ****s sake.

Would people be cool if Peter Jackson had taken the name Lord of the Rings, the characters of Frodo and his lover Sam and the vague plot of a journey to some mountain to melt a ring, then created his own story to fill in the missing bits, removing any elements of Orcs and Goblins, replacing them instead with Nasty Men and creating a completely new villain called Ted the Magic Pixie?

Because that's basically what has happened here. I don't care how 'cool' it is, I don't care how 'awesome' it is. It is NOT Wanted.

This was a god-awful piece of **** movie.

Nothing worked, James McAvoy was obnoxious as ****, and the writing was on par with all your favorite awful comic book adaptations.

You Don't Mess With The Zohan was a better movie than this.

This is the best movie I've seen all year.

It's almost as innovative as the Matrix.

It makes Fight Club look like Brokeback Mountain.

It's 300 times 3000.

It's orgasmic.

It's masculine wish-fulfillment.

It's nothing like the comic book - in fact, you could just call it something other than Wanted and it would be unidentifiable as an adaptation of the graphic novel (though there are some bits that are taken directly from the comic....Wesley Gibson and Fox are pretty much the only two characters that have been transferred from the comic to the film).

In short, it's completely and utterly badass, and I'm still thinking about it hours after seeing it.

This review makes me want to vomit.

Last edited:
The thing is....the comic book is HEAVILY "inspired" by previous comic books (every character is pretty much based on or is a parody of an existing comic book character....i.e. Solomon Seltzer equals Dr. Sivana, ****head is Clayface, Sucker is Parasite, Wesley is Deadshot, ****wit is Bizarro, etc....and there are even little "cameos" by like, Carnage and Mr. Freeze and Green Goblin and Gorilla Grodd and Zoom and Darkseid and Huntress....only colored differently).
Yeah wow, tell me things I don't know.

Look I'm as optimistic about this film on a proportion as high as your excitement of having seen it, but can you like I dunno, stop ranting and raving like a rabid chihuahua for a moment? It's like you're being a wet blanket for anyone whose reaction to the film was less than high spirited. (See how I mixed 2 metaphors in there?)

Also, despite the fact that I have never cared much for The Matrix, saying better and more innovative than The Matrix is ridiculous argument that can't consistently work in proving anything, because it's a film too divisive to develop a reliable opinion around. If you want to prove to others that this movie was great, do it in ways that are actually I dunno, comprehensible to even the most ardent fan of The Matrix. Or the venomous haters of The Matrix.

Besides, weren't you like I dunno, 7 when The Matrix came out or something? I think you'd have been less psychologically primed to have been profoundly affected it than you are now for Wanted.

This was a god-awful piece of **** movie.

Nothing worked, James McAvoy was obnoxious as ****, and the writing was on par with all your favorite awful comic book adaptations.

You Don't Mess With The Zohan was a better movie than this.

This review makes me want to vomit.

We didn't see the same movie.

Yeah wow, tell me things I don't know.

Look I'm as optimistic about this film on a proportion as high as your excitement of having seen it, but can you like I dunno, stop ranting and raving like a rabid chihuahua for a moment? It's like you're being a wet blanket for anyone whose reaction to the film was less than high spirited. (See how I mixed 2 metaphors in there?)

Also, despite the fact that I have never cared much for The Matrix, saying better and more innovative than The Matrix is ridiculous argument that can't consistently work in proving anything, because it's a film too divisive to develop a reliable opinion around. If you want to prove to others that this movie was great, do it in ways that are actually I dunno, comprehensible to even the most ardent fan of The Matrix. Or the venomous haters of The Matrix.

Besides, weren't you like I dunno, 7 when The Matrix came out or something? I think you'd have been less psychologically primed to have been profoundly affected it than you are now for Wanted.

It's not like I saw the Matrix right when it came out.

I've seen the movie many times.

The thing is....the comic book is HEAVILY "inspired" by previous comic books (every character is pretty much based on or is a parody of an existing comic book character....i.e. Solomon Seltzer equals Dr. Sivana, ****head is Clayface, Sucker is Parasite, Wesley is Deadshot, ****wit is Bizarro, etc....and there are even little "cameos" by like, Carnage and Mr. Freeze and Green Goblin and Gorilla Grodd and Zoom and Darkseid and Huntress....only colored differently). HOWEVER, it goes beyond that with innovative ideas and whatnot.

The twists on existing super-villains was easily the best part of the book. Other than that, it felt like Fight Club without any of the character growth and without the slick style of Palahniuk.

I've got a question about the movie, cuz I haven't seen it yet. But, it looks like in the movie they aren't really portrayed as villains. It's more like, "We're good guys who do bad stuff!". And there seems to be some stuff about Fates or something. How much was changed in the movie?

The twists on existing super-villains was easily the best part of the book. Other than that, it felt like Fight Club without any of the character growth and without the slick style of Palahniuk.

I've got a question about the movie, cuz I haven't seen it yet. But, it looks like in the movie they aren't really portrayed as villains. It's more like, "We're good guys who do bad stuff!". And there seems to be some stuff about Fates or something. How much was changed in the movie?

The whole movie is about fate and destiny. I don't remember them talking about fate and destiny that much in the comics....

They're assassins. I don't really want to give much more away....they use a loom of fate that tells them who they are destined to kill.

The whole movie is about fate and destiny. I don't remember them talking about fate and destiny that much in the comics....

They're assassins. I don't really want to give much more away....they use a loom of fate that tells them who they are destined to kill.

That sounds..... different....

There is a LOOM of Fate.

This is a group of Assassins based on Weaving! It is one of the most incredibly stupid plot devices I have ever run into, ESPECIALLY since it was completely made up for the movie. It's not like "oh yes, there is a silly thing from continuity, but we will make it work", they looked at a story about an extreme male power fantasy and decided to justify the actions of the characters with WEAVING. Let that sink in for a minute. WEEEEAVING. There is a SECRET CODE within the weaved fabrics that magically tell these people who need to die!!!

That is on par with the magic skin creme that turns you invincible in the Catwoman movie!

I simply cannot believe somebody could enjoy this movie. I was EXPECTING to enjoy it, and found myself laughing in the theater at how ****ing bad it all was.

Last edited:
That sounds..... different....

If by different you mean RETARDED.

The whole point of the book is "With great power, I can do what I want."
It is the origin story of a supervillain. Some beaten down loser who gets given this power, and uses it to **** up everything and everyone.

The film is "We are assassins who get told who to kill by a magic sewing machine."

So yeah... Retarded.

There is a LOOM of Fate.

This is a group of Assassins based on Weaving! It is one of the most incredibly stupid plot devices I have ever run into, ESPECIALLY since it was completely made up for the movie. It's not like "oh yes, there is a silly thing from continuity, but we will make it work", they looked at a story about an extreme male power fantasy and decided to justify the actions of the characters with WEAVING. Let that sink in for a minute. WEEEEAVING. There is a SECRET CODE within the weaved fabrics that magically tell these people who need to die!!!

That is on par with the magic skin creme that turns you invincible in the Catwoman movie!

I simply cannot believe somebody could enjoy this movie. I was EXPECTING to enjoy it, and found myself laughing in the theater at how ****ing bad it all was.
I think the Loom of Fate is supposed to be an analogy of the Three Sister's of Fate in various ancient mythologies, who would weave the destinies of everyone on the fabric of time on a loom...of sorts (It's kinda the main plot of God of War 2)

it's not as retarded as you make it sound, of course I've never seen or read Wanted so they could have very well ****ed it up beyond all reasonable recognition

Last edited:
Yes, but to make it interesting, they would have had to make it comprehensible....

*sigh*

Bleh, I can't even deal with the stupid of the Loom of Fate right now. I need my beauty sleep.

I always thought the book was an interesting idea slathered in mounds of puerile immature bull****.
So I didn't mind the movie. I thought the main character sold his role well, and I thought the action scenes were just about what I was expecting from an post-Matrix action movie.
It entertained me because its source material had no intelligent merits to begin with. In fact, I actually enjoyed watching this film more than reading the book.

I'll never buy this movie, and I can go the rest of my life without ever watching it. But it's better than most of the Jason Statham/ Vin Diesel/ The Rock action crap that sells so well these days. So I'll take it, for two hours of my time.

Certainly not something I'll be mulling over tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I don't see what's so stupid about a loom of fate. Christians, Muslims, and Jews today draw all of their beliefs from BOOKS, all right?

If you didn't find this movie entertaining, then there is something wrong with you. Forget that it has nothing to do with the comic - it's still a badass ****ing movie.

I can definitely relate to Wesley. He's surrounded by people who treat him like crap and he eventually just lets go and tells the world to **** off....and when he told his boss to "shut the **** up," and then smacked his best friend in the face with his keyboard, I got chills it was so awesome.

This movie isn't ****ing meant to make that much sense. It's just a kickass action movie.

It's called WANTED. They're not going to change the ****ing title, so get over it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back