Weight Loss and Working Out

I'm glad Joe made this poll, because I wanted to see if anyone else here does any running.

I need to take up running. I think it would help with stamina and I think it would just help me feel better.

I have mild exercise-induced asthma but nothing that would keep me from running.

I have no idea how to start as far as pace or distance. I don't want to end up running cross-country like Forest Gump.

Ok....the first rule to remember is that if you ain't been running---don't try to run a ****load of miles. You gotta build up to it.

Start with something low for the first month....say 1/2 mile each day (every other day).

Then once you've become comfortable with that up it to a full mile.

Ideally you'll wanna get to the point where you can run for 30 minutes and not stop. But by doing that, you'll obviously run more than a mile or 2 and kill yourself. Take it easy. If you're not gonna run---do the bike for 30 minutes. If you do the eliptical---please remember that it's lower impact than actual running. So you'll have to double the time on the machine in order to match the same effects of 30 minute jog. So yeah...those of you doing the eliptical for 20-30 minutes need to step it up a bit longer. Congrats on actually taking a step towards fitness....but you need to do it longer.

Right now I have my entire squadron run a mile and 1/2 on Mon and Fri. On Wed we do intervals. So that means we run one lap and do some kinda calenstenic, then run another lap. It doesn't really work when you're alone.....but within a group it forces you guys to stay together as a group. So the slower ones are forced to keep up. The faster ones can go ahead since you don't want to impeed on their progress. And since there's a small break for calestenics in between each lap---we run 2 miles.

Hope that helps. Yay for Doom being the Unit Fitness Program Manager.

Can you send me the thomas jane workout or give a link?

I'll search for the link. If I can['t find it I'll PM you.

Ok....the first rule to remember is that if you ain't been running---don't try to run a ****load of miles. You gotta build up to it.

Start with something low for the first month....say 1/2 mile each day (every other day).

Then once you've become comfortable with that up it to a full mile.

Ideally you'll wanna get to the point where you can run for 30 minutes and not stop. But by doing that, you'll obviously run more than a mile or 2 and kill yourself. Take it easy. If you're not gonna run---do the bike for 30 minutes. If you do the eliptical---please remember that it's lower impact than actual running. So you'll have to double the time on the machine in order to match the same effects of 30 minute jog. So yeah...those of you doing the eliptical for 20-30 minutes need to step it up a bit longer. Congrats on actually taking a step towards fitness....but you need to do it longer.

Right now I have my entire squadron run a mile and 1/2 on Mon and Fri. On Wed we do intervals. So that means we run one lap and do some kinda calenstenic, then run another lap. It doesn't really work when you're alone.....but within a group it forces you guys to stay together as a group. So the slower ones are forced to keep up. The faster ones can go ahead since you don't want to impeed on their progress. And since there's a small break for calestenics in between each lap---we run 2 miles.

Hope that helps. Yay for Doom being the Unit Fitness Program Manager.

That is awesome. Thank you. I will try exactly that.

You know, I don't care what anyone says - you black folks are alright by me.

I was working out three times a week and playing football twice a week for months until I went to HeroesCon.

Now, I just play football. Stupid HeroesCon.

You live near Columbus, right? Can you reccomend any clubs in the Ohio Valley region? A buddys got a birthday coming up and the normal West Virgina clubs have really gone down hill lately.

Stripper wise? Not many good ones in Ohio outside of the big cities. Most of the small town stuff are filled with either crack hos, or butterfaces.

If you're hitting like Columbus, go to the Toy Box, yeah, it's a franchise place, but there are seriously nice looking girls there.

I did their amateur night last year with some friends.

I've lost about 15 pounds (five of them since The UC Gang saw me in Philly in June). Most of it is due to cutting back on the chocolate, eating slightly smaller portions of regular food, and walking 30 - 40 minutes a day five or six days a week. Just today I spent part of my day off shopping for brown pants in a size 14 instead of 16. :D

My next weight goal is to get down to a size 12....

I've lost about 15 pounds (five of them since The UC Gang saw me in Philly in June). Most of it is due to cutting back on the chocolate, eating slightly smaller portions of regular food, and walking 30 - 40 minutes a day five or six days a week. Just today I spent part of my day off shopping for brown pants in a size 14 instead of 16. :D

My next weight goal is to get down to a size 12....

Go you!!

I've basically spent my life staying in good shape, but have recently been pulled out of Martial Arts and now have little motivation to work out the way I used to. If I don't start again, I'm definitely going to be putting on some weight...

I'll help motivate you....fatass.

:lol: :lol:

POTMFD.

Your face is lighter.
Racist.
I don't know why people keep brining up my hair. I find that it is very average and uniteresting. But when it was really long about two years ago, I shaved it (for shock value) and had it donated to the poor cancer kids.
I am highly disturbed.

This does not sound like something our Wade Wilson would do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am highly disturbed.

This does not sound like something our Wade Wilson would do.

Well, I do need to keep up appearances...

And then, I tracked down the cancer kid with the wig made out of my Hair, stole it from him and kicked him in the shins!

I hate you.

I'm gonna go get a million of my people and we're gonna march on you. Hope you like Jesse Jackson. Cause you gonna hear his cantankerous rhymings all day and night.

Bwhahahahahahahaha.

Buy him a tiara.

****ing Power Man. Ruining it for the rest of us.

I'm gonna go get a million of my people and we're gonna march on you. Hope you like Jesse Jackson. Cause you gonna hear his cantankerous rhymings all day and night.

Maybe I'll march too. I could use the exercise.

Cracka *** crackas.

Don't think that you're gonna get on my good side just by waving some fried chicken and grape soda in face either.

Latest posts

Back