Weight Loss and Working Out

I'm all about convenience....but yeah. I hate people that will drive around for 10 minutes in the parking lot looking for a close spot....when they're seriously overweight and there are PLENTY of parking spots that are available at a moderate distance, but they're too lazy to walk.

Would it kill you to walk those several extra steps?
And that also means they're burning up a lot of gas just circling the damn parking lot over and over.

As someone who doesn't own a car, I find it ridiculous when negotiating a meeting place with friends... everyone assumes I'm going to take longer commuting than by driving myself when in reality, I'm going to be waiting for them all to park (regardless of whether they take close spots or not).

Didn't mean to take this thread off-topic, but there you go.

I'm completely out of shape and don't engage in any form of regular exercise, but I always make it a point to get out of the house as much as I can, even for the flimsiest excuse... simply because it's PAINFUL to be lazy.

Jolly Good Burn! :lol:

I'm all about convenience....but yeah. I hate people that will drive around for 10 minutes in the parking lot looking for a close spot....when they're seriously overweight and there are PLENTY of parking spots that are available at a moderate distance, but they're too lazy to walk.

Would it kill you to walk those several extra steps?

OH MY GOD!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Seriously! that pisses me off to no extent. I mean it always feels good to find a close spot and be like yay! im so awesome for the timing. Other than that i'll one row, one, a once through and then i'll go to the next row and park. doesn't matter where because it's not a big deal to find something close. the only time that pisses me off is at the mall because you can get lost in those parking lots for cereal, especially in summer when it's hot and i hate the heat. im glad its winter.

ME too

I get antsy if I don't do anything. I tend now a days to walk to the bookstore, since it's about a 20 minutes walk from my place. Or I walk to the mall, which is about 30.

Just for the exercise. Just to get out of the house.

ME too

I get antsy if I don't do anything. I tend now a days to walk to the bookstore, since it's about a 20 minutes walk from my place. Or I walk to the mall, which is about 30.

Just for the exercise. Just to get out of the house.

damn where do you live? my mall is 30 minutes away driving.

So, after the failure of the Atkins diet, I am going for the far more reasonable South Beach Diet... Basically I'm going to stay on this diet indefinitely, because I want to lose about 100 pounds over the next two years and this diet seems MUCH more sustainable... The first couple of weeks are hard, but then I can eat all sorts of things again... I won't be able to pig out on chips, but I can have pita and hummus (which is secretly more delicious and filling)... And I can still eat sandwiches, just on whole wheat bread. So yeah. I think this will work out fine.

One of the benefits of my current job is that I get to ride a bike on my rounds, and it really helps me out and keeps me fit(ish). Now with my new job I'll probably be back to sitting in an office all day without moving, which is going to kill me.

I keep thinking about how to work in an exercise regimen by plotting some kind of constitutional running around the area, but I just can't.

I think this job may kill me because the most immediate places to eat are McDonald's, Starbucks, KFC, Wendy's & Pancake House & Jollibee. And there's a 7 Eleven in my building.

Top that off with the fact that the Red Light District is like next door, and it's just no place to do some laps.

I keep thinking about how to work in an exercise regimen by plotting some kind of constitutional running around the area, but I just can't.

I think this job may kill me because the most immediate places to eat are McDonald's, Starbucks, KFC, Wendy's & Pancake House & Jollibee. And there's a 7 Eleven in my building.

Top that off with the fact that the Red Light District is like next door, and it's just no place to do some laps.

They don't have naked aerobics in the RDD?

Yeah, I'm in the mood for bumping old threads. back when this thread was "lively" I was one of those hard core gym rats. (7 days a week, 2+ hours of Basketball and weights), But now I've been in hibernation mode. I blame most of it on genetics (most of my modern ancestors were either Military men or farmers, so you ate what you could or starved.) So my body automatically converts everything into store able fat. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.

A couple of weeks ago, I got offered a gig as an extra, and I had to wear a suit. Before accepting the gig I went home to try on my suit on to make sure it fit........and lets say I had to turn down the job offer.

Since then i've cut out almost but not all of my soda pop. started writing in my food journal again. started laying off the fried deli foods, and controlling my portion sizes. all of this before I even step back into the gym.

i'm going to hate the next two week, as I re-introduce my body cardio and light weights. (D.O.M.S. is going to kill me)

enough about me. how about the rest of you...

Oh....good bump.

I think a lot of people have done the off-n-on thing with working out. I know that my change in jobs has definitely made me sedintary. This deployment with the Army really kicked my ass back into shape. I've changed my workouts from MMA-style cardio sessions to just running and cycling...but that's due to the fact that I've switched from light weights to heavy weight training. I need to look into some other form of cardio because my body has adapted to running and I'm not shedding any fat. Hopefully this P90X or CrossFit will do the trick.

So that P90X in the morning and weights after work.

I'm going into 30 in the best shape of my life and I think it's only gonna get better.

Does anybody else lift heavy weights? I'm not talking powerlifter weights....but I'm not talking about curling 25lbs either.

i have the whole p90x system but havn't started it yet, is it pretty good?

whats your question about heavy weights?

when i stopped lifting i was squatting over 300lbs, doing incline dumbbell press w/ 65-70's ect...... those types of heavy weights?

Oh man, this is weird. Last monday I went to the gym for the first time in 7 years. It slayed me.
I'm going back today. Need to get in shape for the summer. I'm going hiking and surfing, so I need to be fit.

i know where the two of you are going............. i'm talking about the potassium you smart ****s

Latest posts

Back