Weight Loss and Working Out

remember that banana's are your friends. they'll help lessen the effects of soreness

That's good advice! Thanks.

Hitting the sauna afterward and begging the gf for a massage worked wonders too.

Oh, this is going to be sweet. Houde is going to attempt to exercise for the first time in a long time. Let the pain begin. :twisted:

Your going to be feeling those muscles tear and repair. And the first two weeks, you are going to be in so much pain. You not going to want to do anything that involves using those muscles after your first run/bike ride.

Don't forget they say you should walk/run at least a half hour (straight no breaks) everyday to get any results.

Last edited:
All the workouts that didn't involve weights and the pullup bar.

Since I downloaded it, I didn't have that stuff yet.

I downloaded them all too. I haven't started any of them yet.

I was serious in my question! Is it best to eat the banana straight after the exercise or what?

Let it slip up and down your throat a few times to start with. If you gag doing so, don't worry. That's just a sign you're doing it right. Eventually you'll learn to control the reflex. This lines your throat with potassium and in doing so signals your body to prepare itself for a potassium lush, so it will be better equipped to more efficiently process the nutrients.

Then swallow it without chewing.

Bass said:
Chasing the dragon burns a lot of calories. Way better than a treadmill.

It burns calories, fat, and muscle!

Last edited:
Let it slip up and down your throat a few times to start with. If you gag doing so, don't worry. That's just a sign you're doing it right. Eventually you'll learn to control the reflex. This lines your throat with potassium and in doing so signals your body to prepare itself for a potassium lush, so it will be better equipped to more efficiently process the nutrients.

Then swallow it without chewing.

That's how I usually eat bananas.

I was taught well by your mum.

It burns calories, fat, and muscle!

If only it got rid of bone too.

I was serious in my question! Is it best to eat the banana straight after the exercise or what?

Chasing the dragon burns a lot of calories. Way better than a treadmill.

usually the next day or a few hours later, if you eat it right after you work out your body is just going to turn it into fuel and burn it, therefore making the potassium useless. protein and fast carbs are best after working out so that the muscles you have just worked can get plenty of nutrients.

D.O.M.S (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) sucks ass. 16 hrs later it hits. (which would happen to be now)

I went hiking in the Pyrenees 4 days. Nothing makes you lose weight like walking up and down a couple of mountains with 15 kilos of camping gear and 5 liters of water strapped to your back. And I was pretty slim to begin with, so I've nothing to be ashamed of when I go surfing.

How is everyone doing work-out wise?

After a 4 month gap I've finally started going to the gym again. Yay me!

I'm trying to get myself back into the gym. Luckily I jog to and play football every wednesday and go for walks almost every day, so I'm active, but not as active as I'd like. I need to be more flexible though. I really want to be able to touch my toes.

Latest posts

Back